Everything old is new again: Pastor calls for camps..for Homosexuals.

So... Reverend Jeremiah *GOD DAMN AMERICA* Wright is "off limits" because he's too closely associated with their messiah obama, so what does the left do? Why, dig deep to find another radical POS preaching hatred against one of their pet perversions so they can all faux outrage of course.

What a transparent game the loony left loves to play... :eusa_hand:

I don't see anyone trying to use this as an attack of guilt by association with Romney....

Personally, I find this clown's ignorance hilarious.

But y'all wore out the Jeremiah Wright card in 2008 and now you are complaining about a video of some podunk preacher acting a fool? TFF! Wake me up when MSNBC is playing this on a continuous loop for a few months and using it as a spearhead to attack Romney. Until then, false equivalency is false.

Oh, and BTW it's Romney who doesn't want to play the Wright card this time around because he knows it opens him up to questions about his own religion.

So... Reverend Jeremiah *GOD DAMN AMERICA* Wright is "off limits" because he's too closely associated with their messiah obama, so what does the left do? Why, dig deep to find another radical POS preaching hatred against one of their pet perversions so they can all faux outrage of course.

I don't see anyone trying to use this as an attack of guilt by association with Romney....

But y'all wore out the Jeremiah Wright card in 2008 and now you are complaining about a video of some podunk preacher acting a fool? TFF! Wake me up when MSNBC is playing this on a continuous loop for a few months and using it as a spearhead to attack Romney. Until then, false equivalency is false.

Oh, and BTW it's Romney who doesn't want to play the Wright card this time around because he knows it opens him up to questions about his own religion.

I don't look at their religion. I look at the man. Obama is a fraud and that's what I see. At least I know who Romney is.

I don't look at their religion. I look at the man. Obama is a fraud and that's what I see. At least I know who Romney is.

That's nice.

*pats the noob nutter on his head*

Here's a cookie.

cookie.gif

Share it with the Etch-a-Sketch candidate you claim to know.

Bull... it's an attack on Christianity, hence the right, hence Romney, hence a diversion away from Wright and Ovomit.

Your spin stopped spinning real quick.

That's not the intention..HG.

SEE: Nazi Germany and Homosexuals.

They did the same thing.

I thought the intention of this camp was to turn them straight? or do they want to kill them all?:eek:

He thinks they will be unable to procreate and will eventually all die off. Apparently, he's all-in on the remaining heterosexuals not producing any more of these here queers.

Apparently, he's unaware that most of those queers are bred from heterosexual stock.

That's nice.

*pats the noob nutter on his head*

Here's a cookie.

cookie.gif

Share it with the Etch-a-Sketch candidate you claim to know.

I suppose I would react like that if I was supporting a fraud for re-election.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I thought the intention of this camp was to turn them straight? or do they want to kill them all?:eek:

He thinks they will be unable to procreate and will eventually all die off. Apparently, he's all-in on the remaining heterosexuals not producing any more of these here queers.

Well thats just stupid and a very backwards way of thinking.

Agreed but the guy is clearly unaware of it and can't help himself. I kinda feel bad for him.

Apparently, he's unaware that most of those queers are bred from heterosexual stock.

Queers aren't bred. They're just confused and heterophobic.

So they arent "born that way"?

Good to know:)

Bull... it's an attack on Christianity, hence the right, hence Romney, hence a diversion away from Wright and Ovomit.

Your spin stopped spinning real quick.

It's an attack on a nutter preacher saying nutty shit, not an attack on Christianity. There's goes that argument of yours.

But it's also hilarious that you equate the right with Christianity like the right has some kind of monopoly over it. This, among many other reasons, is why you are a loon.

Agreed, which is the reason that I believe Christian churchs should open their doors to and be more accepting of sinners including homosexuals. Christ said, "come unto me" and the church slams the door in their faces. That has nothing to do with "accepting" the sin. What it has everything to do with is inviting sinners to a relationship with Jesus Christ. Then we can let him deal with the sin in the manner he sees fit.

Immie

Quite frankly I dont know any Christian churches that dont open their doors to them. Maybe this pastor's church is an exception. I dont know. The media tends to put an a slant on facts that makes it difficult to discern the truth from them.

I totally agree with you.

You are both and idiot and a fool.

I think you missed the point:)

He's obviously missed a lot including an education.

And I see no evidence supportng that claim

I think you guys need to realize that just because you disagree with on another, doesnt make the other person stupid. Nor does it make you smart. There is no reason we cant have a civil discussion without getting personal. We can disagree without hate.

Nuh uh!

They came from other queers who he claims are incapable of procreating!

Oh, wait....

I think you missed the point:)

He's obviously missed a lot including an education.

And I see no evidence supportng that claim

I think you guys need to realize that just because you disagree with on another, doesnt make the other person stupid. Nor does it make you smart. There is no reason we cant have a civil discussion without getting personal. We can disagree without hate.

Don't include me in your biased observation. Focus on the source and we'll all get along just fine.

Well let me break this down a little more specifically. This particular pastor is a lot like Ariux. What I mean is he has developed his opinion and then looked for verses that support his position, taken them out of context, ignored history, ignored ancient culture, ignored linguistics....pretty much ignored everything except the modern English translation of a specific verse. Well that's a really fucked up thing to do. Let me take one verse and break it all down. I Corinthians 6:9-10 which reads according to the New International Version (among the worst offenders): "9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." They footnote: "The words men who have sex with men translate two Greek words that refer to the passive and active participants in homosexual acts."

Well that's what they wrote, but does it really say that? Fuck no. It doesn't say anything of the sort and they know it good and damned well because they attempt to cover their asses with a flat out lie in the footnote which they assume no one will bother reading.

Let's look at it linguistically. The "two Greek words" they refer to in the footnote is actually one Greek word: "arsenokotai". Problem....no one knows what it means. There is no other example of it in any of Paul's writings nor any example of it in any contemporary writings at all. The best we can tell it's a word that Paul made up and gave no definition for. The King James Version translates arsenokotai as "abusers of themselves with mankind" but the reality is no one has the slightest clue what it means.

The context doesn't help either. Despite how the NIV translates it, in the original Greek Paul lays out a list of things that would deny someone the kingdom of God and not all of them are related. Adulterers, thieves, drunks, etc and whoever the "arsenokotai" are they are just one in a seemingly unrelated list. But one word is conspicuously absent and that word is "paiderasste" which was the standard Greek word at the time for homosexual activity.

So how did a completely unknown word that lacks contextual support in a long list of completely unrelated acts get translated to "men who have sex with men"? Well that's a damned good question and no one seems to know. The church sure aint in a hurry to explain themselves even though they have been asked countless times.

Well the answer lies in an ancient Jewish tradition known as Midrash. What Midrash essentially says is that when you are translating scripture and you run into a word that has no meaning, or the verse itself makes no sense, or there's a hole in the papyrus, etc that the church reserves the right to translate it themselves. In other words they are free to simply say it means whatever the hell they decide to say it means and they require no evidence at all to justify their decision or translation. So when they run into a word like "arsenokotai" they can literally make up whatever the hell they want...and I have to say...when it comes to Corinthians 6:9-10 boy did they ever take advantage of that one because there's not a single shred of linguistic evidence that "arsenokotai" has anything whatsoever to do with homosexuality and in fact quite the contrary it probably doesn't since if that's what Paul wanted to point to he had a perfectly good and common word to use in the term "paiderasste" which would be universally understood, clear as a bell, and a smoking gun against homosexual activity. Unfortunately, that's not what Paul wrote.

Now that's just looking at one verse linguistically. I can easily provide examples of what complete bullshit Corinthians 6:9-10 is from a cultural perspective (i.e did you know that homosexuality was no big deal if you assumed the dominant role but a total cultural taboo if you assumed the feminine role after a certain age?), or from a historical perspective (i.e. Corinthians is a series of letters Paul wrote to Corinth but the letters in response have been lost. We have no idea whatsoever what questions Paul was answering, the context he was referring to, what points he was responding to...nothing. It's like walking in on someone talking on the phone in the middle of their conversation and only hearing one side of the remaining conversation. You have no clue what the hell they are talking about).

Now the moral here is very simple. For this pastor in the video or Ariux they will decide they hate homosexuals, take a verse like 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, ignore everything else except the most vile English translation they can find and wield it like machine gun. But they are not the worst...they are just fucking ignorant. Worse are those who understand the history, the culture, the linguistics...they understand all that perfectly...but they don't care. They hold onto that mistranslation anyhow. Those are the ones who are truly slime because they KNOW they are spreading a false message.

So why is "arsenokotai" translated that way in the NIV? it's anyone's guess...mine is because it will fill donation plates and sell a shitload of Bibles to jackasses like Ariux and this dipshit pastor's congregation who don't really give a fuck about what the scriptures really say and are more interested in advancing their personal prejudices than in finding the path to God. But that's just my guess.

How utterly fucking rediculous.

The Greek words are:
arsēn("male") + koitēn ("sexual intercourse"). So it doesn't just mean "whatever the hell anyone wants it to". It obviously has to do with males having sex with males. Everyone knows it refers to homos.

You queer-enablers can tapdance around it all you want, but it is quite clear the Bible (Old and New Testaments) condemns homosexuality, gays, faggotry, or whatever else you want to call it.

So they arent "born that way"?

Good to know:)

I can't tell if this is a joke, sarcasm, or what. How would the fact that homosexuals are born to heterosexual couples prove that they aren't "born that way"? Or am I being a fool and you didn't mean that at all?

For the record, it was a leftie that started this thread and pointed out the soundbites from this "preacher", not a rightie. It was an attack of guilt by association with the "religious right".

Immie

Agreed, which is the reason that I believe Christian churchs should open their doors to and be more accepting of sinners including homosexuals. Christ said, "come unto me" and the church slams the door in their faces. That has nothing to do with "accepting" the sin. What it has everything to do with is inviting sinners to a relationship with Jesus Christ. Then we can let him deal with the sin in the manner he sees fit.

Immie

Quite frankly I dont know any Christian churches that dont open their doors to them. Maybe this pastor's church is an exception. I dont know. The media tends to put an a slant on facts that makes it difficult to discern the truth from them.

Every church I know of (probably the one in question too) opens their doors to homosexuals... conditionally. I believe the love of Christ is unconditional. Why should organized religion put conditions on Christ's unconditional love?

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back