Everyone in the U.S. should be required to serve in the military.

This is a very bad idea. America shouldn't force anyone to serve in the military. I have a 6 year old daughter. I don't want her forced to do anything the government demands.

Amen to that.

The idea that we are obligated to "serve" the government like some serf is obligated to serve his lord is fundamentally fascist.

You're the one always bitching about everyone on welfare.

The concept of "Ask what you can do for your country" is completely lost.

When you serve in the military, you are serving the country, not the government. If you want to sit there and insist serving in the military is serving the government, then why do you all want to keep pumping so much money in it?

If going into the Army or Water or Air.... will make these new age, feely feely pathetic caricature WEAKLINGS so called men, stronger in body and mind...so be it!

Hopefully they will come out of it with a thicker skin.

Lord how I hate cowards!

BOO :mad:

You try so hard to troll. Too bad you fail at it. Head to 4chan to learn some of the basics. Then come back and try again.

And about the idea of compulsory military service: Seriously? I thought this nation was about freedom.

Plus, I have several mental and physical health problems. What do you do with people like me?

Lord how I hate cowards!

BOO :mad:

You try so hard to troll. Too bad you fail at it. Head to 4chan to learn some of the basics. Then come back and try again.

And about the idea of compulsory military service: Seriously? I thought this nation was about freedom.

Plus, I have several mental and physical health problems. What do you do with people like me?

I ignore people like you.

Sorry, I am not Dr Phil.

Let me get this straight.
We are supposed to reduce spending and the size of the govt by requiring all citizens to work for it?

I must have missed something somewhere....

We should do it so, take the weapons, the big fuckers, and leave. Free society on equal playing field with government makes a more well behave government.

We should do it so, take the weapons, the big fuckers, and leave. Free society on equal playing field with government makes a more well behave government.

Your avatar is the epitomy of US government, "of the people, by the people, for the people." Those who reject the US government system, are rejecting the basic concept of America and the principles and dreams upon which it was founded. The government is not a foriegn enemy it is your neighbors, your family, and all of us together. Co-operation and compromise are how we succeed together, seperation, isolationism, and selfishness corrupt and degrade all that we might achieve together.

Giving people the opportunity to improve themselves and ability of all of us to work together is not taking advantage, it is building value and advantage for all. it isn't about taking away individual choices and liberties it is about enhancing those opportunities.

There should be a draft again. And I mean for everyone. No college deferments or others. Females are equal now, right? People say, thank you for serving but they don't have a clue about what they are saying until they have been there. This should be at least two years and I don't mean reserves like "W" did during Nam days.
I guarantee that the U.S. will stop starting all the wars around the world. The pampered kids in this country will be forced to wake up and pay attention to what's going on around the world. It would enlighten and greate voters. Things would change because it would wake up the American public and give them something more important than weekends, boats, bar-b-ques, and tail-gating.
Can you imagine the entire American public getting an education beyond High School?
Anyone running for the Pres. and Commander In Chief should be required to have at least 6 years as an Officer in any branch especially in a combat role before being eligible.

i haven't seen where presidents who have served have been any better or worse than presidents who didn't.

but thanks for something that's truly spoken like someone who has no kids.

btw... if your life is trivial.. that's on you.

Trakar wtf are you going on about ? The word giving doesnt belong in the realm of government. Everything it does involves force as a starting point and I'll pass on that

Your avatar is the epitomy of US government, "of the people, by the people, for the people." Those who reject the US government system, are rejecting the basic concept of America and the principles and dreams upon which it was founded. The government is not a foriegn enemy it is your neighbors, your family, and all of us together. Co-operation and compromise are how we succeed together, seperation, isolationism, and selfishness corrupt and degrade all that we might achieve together.

that's just plain wrong. The government is a gang of men, separate and distinct from myself and my neighbors. Most people understand that the government is a threat to their welfare and safety. But there is a large mass of toadies eager to do its bidding who will claim otherwise.

Giving people the opportunity to improve themselves and ability of all of us to work together is not taking advantage, it is building value and advantage for all. it isn't about taking away individual choices and liberties it is about enhancing those opportunities.

People don't need government to work together. They are quite capable of making their own arrangements without some entity pointing a gun at their heads. Taking away our liberties is all the government has done for the last 150 years. Government doesn't "enhance" anyone's opportunities without taking them away from someone else.

This is a very bad idea. America shouldn't force anyone to serve in the military. I have a 6 year old daughter. I don't want her forced to do anything the government demands.

Amen to that.

The idea that we are obligated to "serve" the government like some serf is obligated to serve his lord is fundamentally fascist.

You're the one always bitching about everyone on welfare.

Yes, I am. How does that contradict the notion that being compelled to serve your country is fascistic? Welfare is where government forces me to pay the bills of people I don't know or probably don't even like. That's also fascistic.

The concept of "Ask what you can do for your country" is completely lost.

That's an utterly servile concept, which I despise. The government exists to serve me, not the other way around.

When you serve in the military, you are serving the country, not the government.

Bullshit.

If you want to sit there and insist serving in the military is serving the government, then why do you all want to keep pumping so much money in it?

I have no problem with a voluntary military. What does military spending have to do with whether the draft is involuntary servitude? We have a military without a draft. People who want to go into the military a free to do so. Those that don't want to be in the military shouldn't be forced into it.

i haven't seen where presidents who have served have been any better or worse than presidents who didn't.

but thanks for something that's truly spoken like someone who has no kids.

btw... if your life is trivial.. that's on you.

All the presidents who have dragged us into major wars never served:

Lincoln
Wilson
Roosevelt
Truman
Johnson

There should be a draft again. And I mean for everyone. No college deferments or others. Females are equal now, right? People say, thank you for serving but they don't have a clue about what they are saying until they have been there. This should be at least two years and I don't mean reserves like "W" did during Nam days.
I guarantee that the U.S. will stop starting all the wars around the world. The pampered kids in this country will be forced to wake up and pay attention to what's going on around the world. It would enlighten and greate voters. Things would change because it would wake up the American public and give them something more important than weekends, boats, bar-b-ques, and tail-gating.
Can you imagine the entire American public getting an education beyond High School?
Anyone running for the Pres. and Commander In Chief should be required to have at least 6 years as an Officer in any branch especially in a combat role before being eligible.

If the draft is activated, the draftees will be going to the Army. The USMC, Navy and Air Force want enlistees only.

If the draft is activated, the draftees will be going to the Army. The USMC, Navy and Air Force want enlistees only.

Well if it is like in the Vietnam era......
Draftees will be going into both the Army and Marine Corps.
In times of War....Cannon fodder is hard to come by so both services will utilize the draft.
as the Stones say, "you can't always get want you want"

The US military doesn't have the time and resources to babysit the scum of society.

The US military is not some boy scouts for 18 year olds, it is a peacemaker that will kill and break things when required.

Forcing this sociology and psychology experiment on the US military will make it hard to retain people like me that made it a career because we wouldn't want to be some McDonalds manager with people holding weapons.

If a draft is needed, that means the US military has failed to defend this country because politicians failed it with a lack of funds/support or the worst case is the US military strategy failed. See Vietnam....

Last edited:
Guess what moron...this is a FREE country.

Crazy people like you can't force Joe Schmoe to join your community club, wear a uniform, chant Obamination songs, and clean the streets at 5am....it's called personal freedom.

What the fuck is this silly cocksucker rambling about? Can anyone here translate this retard for me?

I've given up. You know what he's going to say days before he posts it. As a poster, he's useless.

As for the subject matter, I think compulsory service of some kind would do a world of good for the country. I don't think it should be military exclusive however.

So says the shitbag that couldn't get into my undergrad alma mater living in NC, while I got in as an out of state student.....

Your Waffle House experience doesn't measure up to me, bitch.

Guess what moron...this is a FREE country.

Crazy people like you can't force Joe Schmoe to join your community club, wear a uniform, chant Obamination songs, and clean the streets at 5am....it's called personal freedom.

What the fuck is this silly cocksucker rambling about? Can anyone here translate this retard for me?

I've given up. You know what he's going to say days before he posts it. As a poster, he's useless.

As for the subject matter, I think compulsory service of some kind would do a world of good for the country. I don't think it should be military exclusive however.

Forum List

Back