Everybody should pay fifty percent of their income in Federal Taxes.

Everybody should pay fifty percent of their income in Federal Taxes. That is after the first $40,000 in income which should be Tax Free. That $40,000 will be called the subsistence income and everybody in the United States will be allowed that.

I believe in what is fair is fair. Income Taxes shall and WILL be uniform across the nation and across the economic classes....

You first.. asshole.

We do not have an income problem, we have a spending problem. Freeze spending and the budget is balanced in a few years - no tax increases required.

It is best for the long run. Suck up our hangover from our overzealous spending spree rather than keep curing it with more booze.

Now the problem is how do we handle a drunk government that is keen on more drinking? Now we are caught in the middle of the hair of the dog cure and over drinking again.

Everybody should pay fifty percent of their income in Federal Taxes. That is after the first $40,000 in income which should be Tax Free. That $40,000 will be called the subsistence income and everybody in the United States will be allowed that.

I believe in what is fair is fair. Income Taxes shall and WILL be uniform across the nation and across the economic classes....

Nah, 50% isn't high enough; it should be 75%. :cuckoo:

I have an idea. I say the goverment should send out a questionnaire asking all citizens what the tax rate should be, and then charge them accordingly.
If Newbarf wants 50%, let him pay that. Me, I figure about 15% would work.

VERY SIMPLE! The United States is Trillions of Dollars in Debt after the bailout of the Banks. We have to balance the budget and we need to do it as of yesterday.

I believe a totally fair and equitable and uniform tax like that will solve our problems.

Amen! Praise God for logical solutions for our problems.

Once the national debt is paid off we can adjust the income tax rate to 40 percent of all income over $40,000. We will call that the "40 - 40 Plan" and it will be the Guiding Light into the Grand Future of this Great Land.

Praise God for Uniform Taxes!
Praise God for rational people.

Oh by the way. You're not one.

You really think that they would pay down the debt? :lol:
They would create more programs and spend it all Neubarth.
getting 2.2 trillion already in taxes is what has caused this crappy mess.

That is very simple to effect. We just have Congress pass a law restricting their spending and then have the President decree (Remember he has a right to issue Decrees and does so all of the time) that any congressman proposing to spend more money than was spend in 2000 be sent to Guantanamo as a economic terrorist. EASY. Congress would stop foolish spending overnight.

You are truly insane!

VERY SIMPLE! The United States is Trillions of Dollars in Debt after the bailout of the Banks. We have to balance the budget and we need to do it as of yesterday.

I believe a totally fair and equitable and uniform tax like that will solve our problems.

Once the national debt is paid off we can adjust the income tax rate to 40 percent of all income over $40,000. We will call that the "40 - 40 Plan" and it will be the Guiding Light into the Grand Future of this Great Land.

Praise God for Uniform Taxes!
Wrong answer. Try cutting government, laws, uneeded positions/departments.

Private sector has taken it on the chin and has to cut severely...as have households.

Time for Government to do likewise.

And WHY should we pay for the fuckups of politicians?

Sorry son, you're just looneytunes.:cuckoo:

The gaping hole in your plan is the fact that the more you give Congress, the more they will spend. It's like giving a coke addict more coke to make him stop using coke.

Nope, we have already dealt with that problem. Ten or so Congressmen would end up in Guantanamo and Congress would lose all desire to foolishly spend for ever more.

This is the point were I usually drop out of the thread as all the important stuff has already been said. From this point forward only the Crazy people on this site post. Watch odds are that the very next post will be one of those people..
Don't you think that by the time the 2nd Congressman is sent to Gitmo, there will be an impeachment?

Nah, 50% isn't high enough; it should be 75%. :cuckoo:

I have an idea. I say the goverment should send out a questionnaire asking all citizens what the tax rate should be, and then charge them accordingly.
If Newbarf wants 50%, let him pay that. Me, I figure about 15% would work.
Here's an idea: if your congressman votes for it, your district pays for it. Oh, and move election day to the day after tax day and do away with withholding.

You'd see some real change if that were to happen! :D

You first.. asshole.

But I dont think the dummy makes over $40,000.00 a year.

So he gets away with paying zero again :clap2:

The Danes pay 70% of their income in taxes, and they are the happiest people on earth.

Denmark: The Happiest Place on Earth - ABC News

Could the Danes really be the happiest people in the world? When ABC News anchor Bill Weir traveled there to find out, he asked random Danes to rate themselves in terms of happiness, on a scale of one to 10. Many people rated themselves at least an eight, and there were several nines and 10s. Finally, one grouchy Dane came along who said she didn't believe Danes were so happy. But then she quickly conceded that she herself felt rather content with her life, and said Danes in general had very little to complain about.

Danes do have one potential complaint: high taxes. The happiest people in the world pay some of the highest taxes in the world -- between 50 percent and 70 percent of their incomes. In exchange, the government covers all health care and education, and spends more on children and the elderly than any country in the world per capita. With just 5.5 million people, the system is efficient, and people feel "tryghed" -- the Danish word for "tucked in" -- like a snug child.

Those high taxes have another effect. Since a banker can end up taking home as much money as an artist, people don't chose careers based on income or status. "They have this thing called 'Jante-lov,' which essentially says, 'You're no better then anybody else,'" said Buettner. "A garbage man can live in a middle-class neighborhood and hold his head high."

Ah, THERE it is! I wondered how long it would take a resident Marxist to trot out the Leftist mantra "I'M as good as you". Of course, NO ONE who has to say that actually BELIEVES it, but it makes nice cover for the feelings of personal inadequacy commonly felt by LOSERS! YOU democraps know all about that, because yours is the party of the losers, the underachievers, the slackers, the malcontents, the parasites, and the rest of the wretched refuse of society. Why not: that's where you get your votes! I have a better idea, tell your constituents to get off their sorry asses and work for what they want, rather than ask government to steal it for them from those who have earned it-what a concept!

I tell you what; we can talk about raising taxes, the day your party stops using government to play Robin Hood with someone else's money. How's that?

Why should anyone have to pay 50% of what they make over $40,000 to a government that's bloated and inefficient? I work hard for my money. Before I give it to the Feds I'd like to see the government value the money I give them as much as I do. Get back to me when they aren't blowing billions on Solyndra and the Chevy Volt.

thats what God proposed?.......:eusa_eh:

Anyone here feel they just don't pay enough in taxes.
Feel free to send a check along with your tax return this year.
When I read some articles about the IRS being overwhelmed
with people mailing checks to the government that wasn't required
then i will be somewhat impressed...

Until then...

Shut the F _ _K up....

Why the rider...

I agree.. everyone should pay the same %....... everyone.

Maybe the government should tax itself. It's rich.......with other peoples money.

Why the rider...

I agree.. everyone should pay the same %....... everyone.
Flat or FAIR Tax...everyone pays the same...IRS goes away...ALOT of savings right there. 16th Amendment goes away.

your insane.

Face it , you have NO idea about what you are rambling on about.

Pssst...that kind of sums you up, TM...just sayin'...

Oh really, I was ONE of the people telling you clowns that a housing bubble was going to burst.

You all said I didnt know what I was talking about.

Look what happened

Just a few years ago democrats said nothing was wrong with housing , now the change? I bet you was the biggest cheerleader, because it fits how you do now.

Why should anyone have to pay 50% of what they make over $40,000 to a government that's bloated and inefficient? I work hard for my money. Before I give it to the Feds I'd like to see the government value the money I give them as much as I do. Get back to me when they aren't blowing billions on Solyndra and the Chevy Volt.

thats what God proposed?.......:eusa_eh:

10% tithe...and then Jesus also said render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, render unto God, what is God's...

Forum List

Back