Everybody should pay fifty percent of their income in Federal Taxes.

First off, 50% tax is excessive for anybody's income. That includes the guy making 40k plus, that includes Mitt Romney.

Second, no one will ever advocate it because it is totally unpopular. Remembe, we are just talking Fed income tax, what about State tax and local taxes that are coming out of your income as well.

To answer the financial problem, you have to look at cutting spending first. That is before we talk about tax rates or any other channels of revenue. If we do not take into account our bad finacial habits, you can raise taxes to 200% of income and never get ahold of the budget.

Sad, but true.

Hell, the state and city can take the other fifty percent over $40,000 if they want to. That is not my problem, as you can choose what state and city you live in. I just want to pay off the national debt and believe that a uniform tax like I proposed would effect that solution. Gawd, this is such a smart proposition and so easy to implement.

Everybody should pay fifty percent of their income in Federal Taxes. That is after the first $40,000 in income which should be Tax Free. That $40,000 will be called the subsistence income and everybody in the United States will be allowed that.

I believe in what is fair is fair. Income Taxes shall and WILL be uniform across the nation and across the economic classes....

So go ahead and pay it. What's stopping you?

Drop the income tax and move over to a progressive consumption tax, exempting people from the bare necessities and minimum consumption level.

Labor should have never been taxed in the first place.
Totally insane as it would free the money grubbers to invest and grow wealthier and wealthier while the burden of taxation would be passed to the lower classes.

Wrong. The tax burden who be shifted towards people who spend a lot and who spends a lot? People with money.

Plus, we could use more investment and less consumption in our economy.

VERY SIMPLE! The United States is Trillions of Dollars in Debt after the bailout of the Banks. We have to balance the budget and we need to do it as of yesterday.

We were trillions in debt BEFORE that.

I believe a totally fair and equitable and uniform tax like that will solve our problems.

Amen! Praise God for logical solutions for our problems.

Once the national debt is paid off we can adjust the income tax rate to 40 percent of all income over $40,000. We will call that the "40 - 40 Plan" and it will be the Guiding Light into the Grand Future of this Great Land.

Praise God for Uniform Taxes!

Why is cutting spending and the government living within its means never an option for you people?

You must be referring to executive orders.

I rather doubt a president would get away with sending a congressman to Guantánamo.
Indeed. Decree = Order = Decree = Order = Decree .......

Any congressman attempting to violate a Presidential Decree would be a traitor. And his effort to excessively spend to further bankrupt American would be seen as an act of terror on the future generations. Guantanamo or immediate execution. Whatever works best. We have to stop foolish congressional spending. The president has had the power all along, but has been afraid to exercise it.

Of course the liberal spenders in Congress would probably want to impeach him. Once they fail we will finally balance the budget and pay off the national debt.

Last edited:
Hell, the state and city can take the other fifty percent over $40,000 if they want to. That is not my problem, as you can choose what state and city you live in. I just want to pay off the national debt and believe that a uniform tax like I proposed would effect that solution. Gawd, this is such a smart proposition and so easy to implement.
The gaping hole in your plan is the fact that the more you give Congress, the more they will spend. It's like giving a coke addict more coke to make him stop using coke.

Drop the income tax and move over to a progressive consumption tax, exempting people from the bare necessities and minimum consumption level.

Labor should have never been taxed in the first place.
Totally insane as it would free the money grubbers to invest and grow wealthier and wealthier while the burden of taxation would be passed to the lower classes.

Wrong. The tax burden who be shifted towards people who spend a lot and who spends a lot? People with money.

You are not playing with a full deck. 70% of our economy is service sector (Ya want Fries with that?). Our economy would collapse under your plan. Think, before you speak, dude.

The gaping hole in your plan is the fact that the more you give Congress, the more they will spend. It's like giving a coke addict more coke to make him stop using coke.

Nope, we have already dealt with that problem. Ten or so Congressmen would end up in Guantanamo and Congress would lose all desire to foolishly spend for ever more.

This is the point were I usually drop out of the thread as all the important stuff has already been said. From this point forward only the Crazy people on this site post. Watch odds are that the very next post will be one of those people..

Last edited:
You are not playing with a full deck.

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

I always love when the stupid people tell others how stupid they are.

First off, 50% tax is excessive for anybody's income. That includes the guy making 40k plus, that includes Mitt Romney.

To answer the financial problem, you have to look at cutting spending first. That is before we talk about tax rates or any other channels of revenue. If we do not take into account our bad finacial habits, you can raise taxes to 200% of income and never get ahold of the budget.

Sad, but true.

...... you have to look at cutting spending first.

Not really, as everyone knows that is exactly what the Republicans did not do in 2002/3.

.... If we do not take into account our bad finacial habits

Not "our" bad fiscal habits, those of the Republican party are the ones needing to be corrected.

Yes, 50% is to high to begin with - graduated increases after $40,000 would be the best system - where a $10 million income would be the mean / denominator.

You guys should read more Groucho Marx than Karl Marks when you come up with nutty ideas like this. A kid who breaks his ass in school to get a job that pays 60k should take home 10k less than someone who gets a free tax ride?. How about a small business owner who tries to grow his business to gross 60k and ends up taking home 10k less than the guy who doesn't pay any federal tax? Since when is $41,000 per year considered rich? After paying half to the federal government and state and local and sales tax how much do you think they end up with?

Nobody should pay a nickel of their income in federal taxes. Capital gains are another story.

Under my program, YOU would not have to pay taxes at all.

Judging by your NDAA thread, i wouldn't trust you with picking up the dog shit in my backyard. And You would definitely be taking a shit ton of MY money under "your plan".

Everybody should pay fifty percent of their income in Federal Taxes. That is after the first $40,000 in income which should be Tax Free. That $40,000 will be called the subsistence income and everybody in the United States will be allowed that.

I believe in what is fair is fair. Income Taxes shall and WILL be uniform across the nation and across the economic classes....

Bet you make less than $40,000 a year dont ya?

Fuck you... move to Europe asshole!
:evil:

You are not playing with a full deck. 70% of our economy is service sector (Ya want Fries with that?). Our economy would collapse under your plan. Think, before you speak, dude.

IOW, all you have is name calling and flame-baiting.

Listen fuckstick, I realize that 70% our economy comes from consumption, but it hasn't always been like this. In addition, many developed economies have consumption levels below ours.

Do you know what fueled this consumption boom? It began in the 1980's when the financial sector started to find ingenious ways to extend credit to people. Most of the consumption boom from the last 3 decades has come from revolving credit, primarily from household credit card debt.

However, fucksticks like yourself think consumption based off of borrowed credit is good for the economy.

Next time, think before you speak.

Last edited:
Why don't we just tax the fuck out of super-pacs? 75%

Because the tax code shouldn't be used to promote or punish any specific groups/classes of people.

What is next, tax the crap out of Asians because of X, Y, or Z?

Um with the incredible amount of money these groups are starting to raise I think they should, for the good of the country, forgo spending it on their chosen candidates and put it all towards the national debt. And don't let Congress get their mitts(no pun intended) on it. While were at it we may as well pass a balanced budget amendment and force Congress to come up with a plan to further reduce the debt.

You guys should read more Groucho Marx than Karl Marks when you come up with nutty ideas like this. A kid who breaks his ass in school to get a job that pays 60k should take home 10k less than someone who gets a free tax ride?. How about a small business owner who tries to grow his business to gross 60k and ends up taking home 10k less than the guy who doesn't pay any federal tax? Since when is $41,000 per year considered rich? After paying half to the federal government and state and local and sales tax how much do you think they end up with?

$40,500 - state and sales tax.

And the guy grossing $60,000 would take home $50,000 before state and sales tax......How is that less than $40,000

We do not have an income problem, we have a spending problem. Freeze spending and the budget is balanced in a few years - no tax increases required.

Forum List

Back