Ever notice that "Post Quick Reply"...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
andy-rooney-says-goodbye-img.jpg

...takes longer to post than a full post does.

Why is that?... :dunno:

:)

peace...

I'm sure there are other variables like how many people are accessing USMB, how big the thread is you are replying to and how many lines of code are in quick reply vs how many are in the advanced or regular reply.

Never noticed. But depending on which scripts you allow to run, how long it takes to load a page and all the replies can vary by quite a bit. On mine, I only allow usmb to run scripts, everything else is shut down and most graphics disabled. Some users have embedded images or other things like in their Sig which add load time. I deny those as I encounter them thinking of how much time is being wasted loading them when I could care less. :)

Post quick reply relies on a higher technology than the standard reply.

Where-as Standard Replies are run on Hamster 101, Quick Reply uses Squirrel 202. Unfortunately, Squirrel 202 has some distinct disadvatages if you are posting in the evenings as the squirrels are diurnal and difficult to awaken. My suggestion is that if you are posting after daylight hours, you use Standard Reply with the Hamster 101. If you don't want to do that, you might also try increasing the cache of sunflower seeds prior to hitting submit.

Hope that helps :)

Where-as Standard Replies are run on Hamster 101, Quick Reply uses Squirrel 202. Unfortunately, Squirrel 202 has some distinct disadvatages if you are posting in the evenings as the squirrels are diurnal and difficult to awaken. My suggestion is that if you are posting after daylight hours, you use Standard Reply with the Hamster 101. If you don't want to do that, you might also try increasing the cache of sunflower seeds prior to hitting submit.

There's a Richard Gere joke in there somewhere...

By the way, start typing "Richard Gere" into Google and tell me what the first Asssumption is that Google makes. :lol:

peace...

Not quite. The buxom secretary in charge of "quick reply" is often being serviced by a RepScort and, for a while, is busy doing something else.... :eusa_whistle:

Not quite. The buxom secretary in charge of "quick reply" is often being serviced by a RepScort and, for a while, is busy doing something else.... :eusa_whistle:

I believe that falls under the term "User Error". You squeezed the wrong buttons.

Try Alt-Ctr-Del and then hit escape 3 times.

There's a Richard Gere joke in there somewhere...

By the way, start typing "Richard Gere" into Google and tell me what the first Asssumption is that Google makes. :lol:

peace...

"Richard Gere has been a sex symbol in American media for more than 30 years" :eusa_shhh:

I believe that falls under the term "User Error". You squeezed the wrong buttons.

Try Alt-Ctr-Del and then hit escape 3 times.

But it was sooo fun squeezing them.

:D

Forum List

Back