Ever notice about Democrats and Obamacare....

All they ever talk about is pre-existing conditions and kids on mom and pops insurance?

The bill is thousands of pages long and that seems to be all they think is in it. No mention of all the taxes or other provisions. Like a child in a bank always notices the free candy dish and nothing else.

If you get your insurance through your employer (as most do in this country), you pay no tax.

There's a lot to like about the Affordable Care Act.

True. A very small percentage of Americans will be subject to a tax.

The truth is that the mandate, which takes effect in 2014, is a very limited tax: It will only be assessed on individuals and businesses that can afford to buy health insurance but choose not to.

And not only is the ACA tax far from the largest in history, it is smaller than tax increases imposed under former Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush.

The vast majority of Americans will not pay the mandate's tax penalty, including:

Individuals who already have health insurance, either on their own or through their employers.

People on Medicare, Medicaid or any other government-sponsored health care program.

Businesses that provide health insurance to their employees.

In fact, no businesses will pay the tax penalty unless they have 50 or more full-time employees and fail to provide them with an insurance plan by 2014.

And businesses that want to provide health coverage for their employees will get plenty of help under the ACA. Some of that help is already available.

ACA tax in context | HeraldTribune.com

All they ever talk about is pre-existing conditions and kids on mom and pops insurance?

The bill is thousands of pages long and that seems to be all they think is in it. No mention of all the taxes or other provisions. Like a child in a bank always notices the free candy dish and nothing else.

its christmas, yes im offending people, the kids dont know what u went thru for the toys they see toys and their eyes light up, its the same concept, u love ur kids and u adore kids u dont love everyone elses kids, but u love urs, all libs are saying is
we are ur kids just keep paying we dont care where the gifts come from".

You idiots act like the "tax/penalty" for not buying ins is the only tax. In fact it is just a small portion.

Good point
really, the whole premium is a tax
and the penalty is for not buying

Just like income tax- there is no choice- you must pay

And it's alot like NOT being a Muslim...sure you may continue with your life as long as you PAY a TAX not to participate. It's Fascism.

The legislation is 900 pages long and obviously the first part--the private insurance market reforms--is the most readily accessible (and relevant) to the public.

Do the specifics of the second section--Medicaid reform-- the new options and opportunities it gives states to experiment with ways to contain costs and improve the way care is delivered matter to the general public? Probably not. If you're a state official, you're probably very interested in that section but the politicians aren't going to get into the weeds on it in a campaign speech.

Same for the third part, the Medicare reforms. Payment and delivery system reforms are going to be most directly interesting to doctors and hospitals; higher quality care and slowing cost growth comes out on the other end for the general public, but they're unlikely to make that connection anyway.

I remember Pelosi once gave a speech trumpeting the fourth part, the section of the legislation dedicated to prevention and public health. She's mocked to this day for suggesting the public health infrastructure investments made by the ACA won't be well-known until they're implemented (i.e. once the bill was passed), not during a legislative debate that focused much more on the better-known provisions of the legislation.

And so on. Politicians aren't going to talk about accelerated FDA pathways for biosimilars because the general public probably doesn't give a shit. They could talk more about building up the health care workforce--particularly the primary care workforce--and investing in community health centers, etc but that information is more likely to come from an HHS press release than a political stump speech.

So the short answer is: politicians don't talk about the rest because you don't care anyway.

Total Pubcrappe fear mongering. Tort reform and interstate exchanges? ADD IT ON, HYPOCRITE Pubs.
Care guidelines in ACA WOULD cut malpractice costs.

Romneycare is the same GD thing and a great success. 2% annual rises in cost, instead of 15%.

Read something, dupes. Instead of being fear mongered ignorami.

ACA cuts costs, helps EVERYONE. It's a Pub plan. Fighting it just shows Pubs to be behind health care scammers, corporate tools.

Almost two weeks since the ACA passed and the GOP trolls are still throwing a pissy fit about getting their asses handed to them. I love it! :up:

6a00d83451c49a69e2011572388c54970b-800wi

its christmas, yes im offending people, the kids dont know what u went thru for the toys they see toys and their eyes light up, its the same concept, u love ur kids and u adore kids u dont love everyone elses kids, but u love urs, all libs are saying is
we are ur kids just keep paying we dont care where the gifts come from".

No doubt

Indeed

The majority are still against this faux legacy for Papa Obama
and polls show he go no bounce from the ruling

CNN POLL: …NO BOUNCE ON HEALTH CARE From Ruling

NO BOUNCE: POLL SHOWS OBAMACARE RULING DID NOT HELP OBAMA

The Left should be careful what they wish for

Having the biggest regressive tax increase in history
passed is nothing to be happy about....

Especially with the poor job Papa Obama is doing on the economy
To think the Democrats and Papa Obama wasted all that time to pass a tax
increase when they have been doing more and better things to help the economy

A post like what? I, like everyone else watched Obama scold the GOP during the healthcare debates on live tv. He specifically said "I won and the election is over"
Essentially saying stfu and deal with what "I" do.

Well if we win in November it will be him that can stfu and deal with repeal.

He said "I won and the election is over?" Really?

As for the ACA, plenty was offered to the entire country and Republican Senators and House members unanimously voted nay. It wasn't as if the bill would have only affected those who agree with it in the country. After nearly a year of rancor about the bill, it was time to actually hold some votes. That the GOP didn't get on board is their own fault.

If "we" win--by that I guess you mean Governor Romney--yes, have fun repealing the bill....however the Governor has said that some parts will stay. For clarification, ask your candidate to pick a stance and stick to it....good luck with that.

A post like what? I, like everyone else watched Obama scold the GOP during the healthcare debates on live tv. He specifically said "I won and the election is over"
Essentially saying stfu and deal with what "I" do.

Well if we win in November it will be him that can stfu and deal with repeal.

Thank God the Republicans had enough sense to stay away
from this monstrosity called Papa Obamacare

With it being a regressive tax, the unconstitutional imposition on religions
and the increase to the budget deficits, it is no wonder Americans are against it

We mention a lot! You want to talk about the tax credits?
The President and Democrats do not want to focus on this, because the Credits are not enough to make the Insurance Affordable to people who can't afford it now, and will Run up the Deficit.

What help for Small Business? Again the Credits to Spur Small Business to hire are not enough to be effective, and will run up the Debt. The Negative effects on Small Business far out weigh the Positive in the ACA. Hiring is hurting because of the ACA and it's not even fully in effect yet.

Or the exchanges?
Again going to be very Costly, to our Budget

Or the expanded Medicare options?
The Expanded Medicare Options, which were a Big part of how Obama told us this would help, were just ruled Optional to the States. Considering the Bill only helps them Fund it for a couple of years and then asks them to come up with the money themselves I would not celebrate this.

They don't care what the cost is because obama has them convinced only rich people will have to pay..Attention Left, you're pretty close to running out of other people's money.

In addition to pre-existing conditions and allowing children up to 26 to stay on their parents plans, Obamacare also ends lifetime caps on coverage and starts healthcare exchanges to hold down costs

What have Republicans done other than let them die?

how the hell do you run a insurance business without lifetime caps and without counting pre-exsiting conditions?

what UTOPIA is this in?

OBAMATAXTOPIA I guess

In addition to pre-existing conditions and allowing children up to 26 to stay on their parents plans, Obamacare also ends lifetime caps on coverage and starts healthcare exchanges to hold down costs

how the hell do you run a insurance business without lifetime caps and without counting pre-exsiting conditions?

what UTOPIA is this in?

OBAMATAXTOPIA I guess

If you get sick with a terminal condition, will you "take one for the team" by dying instead of receiving treatment?

I really like that 85 cents on every dollar I pay has to go towards HEALTH CARE and can't go towards advertising or lobbying. Awesome!

NO, there's a lot of stuff in it, and some of it isn't that great.

And it's too bad the Republicans never seriously tried to be part of the legislative process. I think the bill could stand a lot of improvements.

But I don't get weepy that Big Insurance can't cheat their customers anymore...

It's free and it's from the gubmint.

What more do they care about?

Forum List

Back