Evangelicals: America's Taliban

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    www.townhall.com/columnists/mikeadams/printma20041119.shtml

If you think that comapring Evangelical Christians to the Taliban sounds extreme, you might just be a normal American. But if you think that the comparison is valid, you might just be a supporter of North Carolina Senator julie Boseman. In fact Boseman's supporters have just launched a website making that very comaprison. Even worse, they go on to say the following of both Republicans and Christian Fundamentalists: "Hate is their currency. Ignorance is their scarament. Racism is their communion

julie Bosmean's attacks on Evangelical Christians began months ago in one of the most disgraceful episodes of political aggression in North Carolina history. Boseman's campaign brought her sexual orientation into the race by saying, among other things, "Now is the time we must elect openly (lesbian, etc.) members to the North Carolina State Senate to protect our rights."

Translation: Boseman had to a) interject her sexuality into the campaign ad, b) maker her sexuality relevant by supporting initiatives such as gay marriage. In return she got a lot of money.

The republican ad pointed out the incontestable fact that Boseman sought to be the first openly gay member of the N.C. Senate. And they did so by quoting the Victory Fund's internet campaign for Boseman. The Victory Fund ad also ridiculed her opponent as an extremist and as a bigot for opposing gay marriage

Here's where the case gets really bizarre. The Victory Fund removed it's derogatory satements about Boseman's opponent after he fought back. Then Boseman's supporters flooded the local paper and radio stations with complaints about the "hate speech" included in the Republican ad. The quote that the homosexual sommunity complained about was taken directly form the Victory Fund's website. With straight faces (pun intended), the gay community then accused the Republican's of" hate speech" for quoting their own speech. Are you following this?

And, of course, Julie Boseman won her election. She did it by hitting back and grinning while her opponent was falsely dubbed a "bigot" and a "hate criminal" by hysterical homosexuals and remorseless reporters.

Now her supporters are constructing a website dubbing Evangelical Christains as "American Taliban". Clearly, Julia Boseman and her supporters are perfectly stable. But Evangelical Christians are the nuts who are destroying America??????????

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    All I can think of is how STUPID she is.

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Or how stupid are those suporters of hers and those that elected her :bang3:

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    That too----doesn't say much for her opponent, does it?

5. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Never mind that under the actual Taliban, she wouldn't be allowed in public without a burqa. Or that she would be tortured and executed for being a lesbian.

What a loon. Almost as embarrassing as Sheila Jackson-Lee.

6. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    It's loons like this that were elected to run Germany in 1933....except their beef was with the Jews, not Evangelical Christians

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    That is exactly the point I wanted to make by posting this.
    I don't think people really GET the conserted efforts being used to denograte all Christians. When I hear Liberals say how stupid and extreme middle America and Christians are in general that should be a giant red flag to the rest of us. It is happening so gradually right under our noses, and the techniques they are using may as well be right out of a Marxist playbook. How long before even more people are deluded to thinking this way??? How long did it take Hilter?

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I tend to let my actions speak for themselves. Many people think of Christians as hateful and bigoted...until they meet me. Then they see things like me taking, basically, 2 days off of my life to be with a girl whose boyfriend just died, and council my friends on the problems I can relate to and refer them to those who can help if I can't. They see me giving to charity, being with friends through good and bad, and being accepting of everyone, no matter who they are or what they've been through. Then they decide that maybe Christians aren't that bad and they join me in bashing the ACLU.

9. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    Yes, I guess we're thinking along the same lines. This anti-Christian rhetoric is all too similar to the anti-Jewish rhetoric of the Nazis. If that's true, are concentration camps for Evengelicals and other Christians within the realm of possibility?

Yes, Hitler not only persecuted Jews, but Christians as well. That isn't very well known. Many priests and ministers who refused to tow the Nazi party line as part of their ministries were executed or sent to concentration camps. The SS, which ran the death camps, taught their new recruits that Christianity was a religion of the weak started by the "bastard son of Jewish whore". Hmmmm.... I guess we now know where this current batch of hate spewing monsters are getting their ideas from!

Let me interject this fact into the discussion. The rhetoric that everyone hears is how many people were killed in the name of religion. However, no one seems to mention just how many people were killed in the name of atheism! The exact number of people killed by atheistic regimes during the 20th century is still being debated by scholars. However, they do agree that the deaths due to atheists in the 20th century ranges somewhere between 90 and 200 million people. If the 200 million figure were accurate, that would be like killing all the people in the United States except for New York and few states in New England. That number far eclipses the number of deaths due to religious wars during the same period.

10. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    The SS assertion that Christianity is a religion for the weak is advanced loudly and often by none other than Ted Turner.