Evangelical activists want LGBT people excluded from anti-lynching bill

Evangelical activists are pressing Republican lawmakers to strip protections for LGBT+ people from an anti-lynching bill.

The Justice for Victims of Lynching Act cleared the US Senate on December 20 in a rare unanimous vote.
The bill would allow lynchings—bias-motivated mob killings without legal authority—to be charged as a federal hate crime for the first time.

However, evangelical law firm Liberty Counsel is upset because a portion of the bill includes protections for LGBT people as well as ethnic minorities.

Just when you think they cant sink any further. How do these freaks get to call themselves Christian ?

Roy Moore in 2005: 'Homosexual conduct should be illegal' - CNNPolitics

Senate candidate Roy Moore in 2005: 'Homosexual conduct should be illegal'

AlabamA ex-judge Roy Moore (conservative/christian/republican) believes that homosexuality should be a crime!

He just ran for senate

endorsed by trump

with millions of other conservative christian republicans voting for him....

THOSE conservative christian republicans have no problem with lynching gays.
You mean like this "man of God" who called for gays to be stoned to death ?

Jamaica bars anti-gay preacher Anderson

Pastor Steven Anderson, who is based in Arizona, runs the Faithful Word Baptist Church which says that homosexuality is an abomination and should be punishable by death.

Shouldn't you argue against his view rather than stifle his free speech? After all now he's got attention beyond his wildest dreams PLUS martyr status; bad juju!!

You figure Voltaire only applies to communists, right??

Greg

Shouldn't it be against the law to lynch anyone, not just protected groups/classes?
Is it to do with making it a federal hate crime ? I am not an expert in your colonial laws. Anyway these fake christians seem to want to single out Gays as ok to lynch. Black folks must be chuffed apart from Gay black folks I guess.
Federal hate crimes are simply a way to get around double jeopardy.
So are you for or against lynchings?

I am against. I think people who lynch straight people should be punished too. Furthermore I think people who lynch white people should be punished. This bill doesn't go far enough. It should protect every human being from lynchings and most animals. I would say grasshoppers don't necessarily need protection from lynchings but most mammals such as horses, cattle, pigs, dogs, cats and mice. The animals can be negotiated but every human should be included in this bill in my opinion.

Evangelical activists are pressing Republican lawmakers to strip protections for LGBT+ people from an anti-lynching bill.

The Justice for Victims of Lynching Act cleared the US Senate on December 20 in a rare unanimous vote.
The bill would allow lynchings—bias-motivated mob killings without legal authority—to be charged as a federal hate crime for the first time.

However, evangelical law firm Liberty Counsel is upset because a portion of the bill includes protections for LGBT people as well as ethnic minorities.

Just when you think they cant sink any further. How do these freaks get to call themselves Christian ?

AlabamA ex-judge Roy Moore (conservative/christian/republican) believes that homosexuality should be a crime!

He just ran for senate

endorsed by trump

Pastor Steven Anderson, who is based in Arizona, runs the Faithful Word Baptist Church which says that homosexuality is an abomination and should be punishable by death.

"Should be" has ZERO legal standing regardless of the opinion.

Greg
Lynch mobs seldom consider the legality of their actions.

He just ran for senate

endorsed by trump

Greg

That's probably quite true, Tommy. So where are lynchings still going on? Remember you can only say some Western Democracies; shitholes don't count.

Greg

He just ran for senate

endorsed by trump

Greg

They've always known it was ILLEGAL but believed they were protected by their immediate authorities. There is a big difference.

Greg

As a lifelong practicing Christian I have never understood some Evangelical hatred towards gays. I understand they don't agree with the lifestyle but the crazy hatred stuff is over the top. Live and let live.

What is the greatest sin in the Bible? Murder? Lying? Stealing? Nope. Nope. Nope. The most repulsive sin to God is pride. Sodomy is not a sin. Read your Bible. Sodomy is evidence of a defiant person who defies God and hates God. Read Romans chapter 1 for clarification. Disagreeing with their lifestyle is putting it extremely lightly. People who believe the Bible (which excludes 99% of people) are terrified of sodomites. It goes beyond disagreeing or hating. Sodomites are direct representatives of the devil himself.

Have you ever heard adulterer pride organizations?

Have you ever heard of a thieves pride parade?

Have you ever heard of a gay pride parade?

Sinners are ashamed of their sin. Reprobates are proud of their sin.

Reprobrates are proud to be vehement haters of God and the people of God and all the things He stands for.

Fortunately neither you or me are believers in the Bible. Well. You might believe some of it but at least you don't believe what the Bible says about sodomy. That is a tough position to take in today's culture.

If you want to understand the view of true Christian's on homosexuality you have to first understand that sodomy isn't sin.

He just ran for senate

endorsed by trump

Lynching gays should be illegal. Everyone should get a fair trial!!

Greg

I agree that Lynching is wrong, regardless of the sexual practices of the lynchee.

When Justice Clarence Thomas was electronically lynched by the libs, that was a disgrace.
Men who harass women shouldn’t feel bad about being harassed them selves. After all they started it.

Shouldn't it be against the law to lynch anyone, not just protected groups/classes?
Is it to do with making it a federal hate crime ? I am not an expert in your colonial laws. Anyway these fake christians seem to want to single out Gays as ok to lynch. Black folks must be chuffed apart from Gay black folks I guess.

You are not an expert yet you opine frequently? How is the caliphate?

View attachment 239367

Because he has the same rights as conservatives who also are NOT experts on subjects that they pontificate on daily...?

is THAT the right answer?

do I get a point?

Point on your head. He has the same rights but why does he care about what happens in the US when he doesn’t live here?

He just ran for senate

endorsed by trump

Greg

That's probably quite true, Tommy. So where are lynchings still going on? Remember you can only say some Western Democracies; shitholes don't count.

Greg

You could argue that this was a form of lynching.
Pastors Praise Anti-Gay Massacre in Orlando, Prompting Outrage

“The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die,” Roger Jimenez, a Sacramento preacher, exhorted his congregants on June 12, the day of the assault. “The tragedy is — I’m kind of upset that he didn’t finish the job! Because these people are predators! They are abusers!”

In a sermon at a church in Fort Worth, Pastor Donnie Romero told his congregants that every gay person is a pedophile. He was praying that the injured Orlando victims would not survive, he said, “so that they don’t get any more opportunity to go out and hurt little children.”

“I’ll pray to God that God will finish the job that that man started,” he added, referring to the gunman, Omar Mateen.

So there they were cheering on the killer and glorying in his actions. i would suggest that any society would be improved by removing any preacher,of any faith, who is actively calling for the death of sections of society.

here is another loon from a different religion.

Anti-gay preacher leaves Australia

We dont need any of them.

He just ran for senate

endorsed by trump

Greg

Greg

“The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die,” Roger Jimenez, a Sacramento preacher, exhorted his congregants on June 12, the day of the assault. “The tragedy is — I’m kind of upset that he didn’t finish the job! Because these people are predators! They are abusers!”

In a sermon at a church in Fort Worth, Pastor Donnie Romero told his congregants that every gay person is a pedophile. He was praying that the injured Orlando victims would not survive, he said, “so that they don’t get any more opportunity to go out and hurt little children.”

“I’ll pray to God that God will finish the job that that man started,” he added, referring to the gunman, Omar Mateen.

So there they were cheering on the killer and glorying in his actions. i would suggest that any society would be improved by removing any preacher,of any faith, who is actively calling for the death of sections of society.

One man attacking a mob in Orlando isn't really a lynching at all. Just a terror attack, which really didn't have anything to do with the sexual preferences of the victims. Islamonazi terrorist acting on the behalf of the Islamic State attacks Americans who were only out trying to exercise their right to take it in the ass. Our freedoms make them sick, all of our freedoms. The Homosexual Hangout in Orlando was just a convenient soft target.

One man attacking a mob in Orlando isn't really a lynching at all. Just a terror attack, which really didn't have anything to do with the sexual preferences of the victims. Islamonazi terrorist acting on the behalf of the Islamic State attacks Americans who were only out trying to exercise their right to take it in the ass. Our freedoms make them sick, all of our freedoms. The Homosexual Hangout in Orlando was just a convenient soft target.
It’s funny how we just don’t hear much about that. Yet if it was a Christian that shot up a gay nightclub we’d hear nothing but that 24/7 until the end of this century. I guess the cult of LGBT has a soft spot for gay murderers if they are Islamic.

Greg

Greg

i would argue that all, or most, lynchings are terrorist acts designed to spread fear in a community. The Charleston Church atrocity would be a good example.

Greg

Greg

i would argue that all, or most, lynchings are terrorist acts designed to spread fear in a community. The Charleston Church atrocity would be a good example.

A lynching can be a terrorist act, but not all terrorist acts are lynchings. Not all lynchings are terror acts either, for that matter. The 911 attack was a terror event, but wasn't a "lynching" by any stretch of the word. The attempted murder of Clint Eastwood in Hang Em High was a lynching, but had nothing to do with terrorism.

He just ran for senate

endorsed by trump

Greg

Greg

Here is a radical preacher that supports gay marriage but not in the way you might think.

He just ran for senate

endorsed by trump

Greg

They've always known it was ILLEGAL but believed they were protected by their immediate authorities. There is a big difference.

Greg

This is the best point made in this thread.

Lynchings could be covered up by a local government or even a state government. This actually did happen in the United States. An example of a place this could happen in 2019 is Dearborn, Michigan. The federal government could step in if the state or local government chose to close a blind eye.

gtopa1 you did an outstanding job communicating this.

Redundant bullshit.
And yet another rightist dullard misses the point.
Right so we need more laws that make something that is already illegal .... more illegal ? It hasn't been legal to lynch someone since the time when the KKK was the Democratic Parties militant arm.
Obviously your politicians think so.
But you are missing the point in epic fashion. Wether its good or bad law is not material. The issue is that these fake Christians want to exclude Gays from its protection. that is sick.
So, they can want something all day long doesn't mean its going to happen and they are free to voice their opinion. I'm curious as to why you would focus on something like this when it is legal to kill gay people in parts of the middle east ?

Forum List

Back