Evangelical activists want LGBT people excluded from anti-lynching bill

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Evangelical activists are pressing Republican lawmakers to strip protections for LGBT+ people from an anti-lynching bill.

The Justice for Victims of Lynching Act cleared the US Senate on December 20 in a rare unanimous vote.
The bill would allow lynchings—bias-motivated mob killings without legal authority—to be charged as a federal hate crime for the first time.

However, evangelical law firm Liberty Counsel is upset because a portion of the bill includes protections for LGBT people as well as ethnic minorities.

Just when you think they cant sink any further. How do these freaks get to call themselves Christian ?

Let's be real: the whole Justice for Victims of Lynching Act is nothing more than feel good nonsense. It's redundant and silly.

Evangelical activists are pressing Republican lawmakers to strip protections for LGBT+ people from an anti-lynching bill.

The Justice for Victims of Lynching Act cleared the US Senate on December 20 in a rare unanimous vote.
The bill would allow lynchings—bias-motivated mob killings without legal authority—to be charged as a federal hate crime for the first time.

However, evangelical law firm Liberty Counsel is upset because a portion of the bill includes protections for LGBT people as well as ethnic minorities.

Just when you think they cant sink any further. How do these freaks get to call themselves Christian ?

This is in the UK?

Shouldn't it be against the law to lynch anyone, not just protected groups/classes?
Is it to do with making it a federal hate crime ? I am not an expert in your colonial laws. Anyway these fake christians seem to want to single out Gays as ok to lynch. Black folks must be chuffed apart from Gay black folks I guess.

Shouldn't it be against the law to lynch anyone, not just protected groups/classes?
Is it to do with making it a federal hate crime ? I am not an expert in your colonial laws. Anyway these fake christians seem to want to single out Gays as ok to lynch. Black folks must be chuffed apart from Gay black folks I guess.

You are not an expert yet you opine frequently? How is the caliphate?

upload_2019-1-10_18-22-43.jpeg

Federal hate crimes are simply a way to get around double jeopardy.

Well we should be able to agree that lynching is a BAD THING. In which case why do these Godless wretches want to single out Gay folk ?

So are you for or against lynchings?

I am anti-lynching even if you are the victim, deanrd! Murder is already illegal by the way.

Well we should be able to agree that lynching is a BAD THING. In which case why do these Godless wretches want to single out Gay folk ?
Murdering gay folk is already illegal.

Murdering gay folk is already illegal.
They will try and reverse that if they get the chance.
But that is beside the point. These shtis dont have a problem with the bill. They just want Gays left out of it.

I smell chicanery & kabuki theater with this one. Oh the poor gays! :boohoo:

Give them every legal victory from now on without examining the facts of any case! STAT!

I guess “gay teen suicide” has been milked dry at this point. Is the OP sure the Bill wasn’t introduced by Muslims? I hear they throw gays off of rooftops. Like instead of kabuki theater, that’s an actual thing. Funny how quiet they are about that.

They will try and reverse that if they get the chance.
But that is beside the point. These shtis dont have a problem with the bill. They just want Gays left out of it.

They are leaving gays out of it because if they included one set of deviant behavioralists they’d have to include all of them.

For instance, were heroin addicts & cleptomaniacs also left off the list protected from lynchings? :popcorn:

These freaks are conservatives – just as reprehensible and wrong as most conservatives.

As a lifelong practicing Christian I have never understood some Evangelical hatred towards gays. I understand they don't agree with the lifestyle but the crazy hatred stuff is over the top. Live and let live.

These freaks are conservatives – just as reprehensible and wrong as most conservatives.
I would imagine that they all own ropes.

I'm for lynching, want to go first Dean ?

Forum List

Back