EU vs USSR

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Do you see much difference between the old USSR and the new EU ??

I am seeing a lot of similarities. Both are extremely oppressive, both do not tolerate descent , both have zero regard for their people and both are driven by war

I am seeing a lot of similarities. Both are extremely oppressive, both do not tolerate descent , both have zero regard for their people and both are driven by war
have you lived there recently?.....

At least the USSR made the various cultures under their control more or less assimilate.....It was quite the balancing act really.
The USSR actually encouraged the various nationalities to maintain their individual languages.

No!

The USSR actually encouraged the various nationalities to maintain their individual languages.
Yep, as long as they more or less followed the party line everything was golden.....Look at Yugoslavia, they were a very "independent" client state when Tito was in charge basically telling Stalin on several occasions to pound sand.

Yep, as long as they more or less followed the party line everything was golden.....Look at Yugoslavia, they were a very "independent" client state when Tito was in charge basically telling Stalin on several occasions to pound sand.
Right.

The various nationalities never assimilated at all.

The second there was no longer a central government in Moscow forcing everyone to stick together “or else”, they broke off into dozens of individual countries almost instantly

so you are reading someones opinion....the only way to really know what a place is like,is to live there for a period of time....

EU has become very SOVIET UNION like- they have ZERO tolerance for any outside opinions that are NOT NEW ORDER Philosphy.
The world would be better off if all of Europe was destroyed

Forum List

Back