Las Vegas
Portland, OR
Detroit

Westchester County NY
Orange County NY
Buffalo
Monmouth County NJ
Cecil County MD

I've always avoided major cities. Suburbs or rural areas are much better.

I am always impressed with well travelled people. I think seeing the world teaches you things and expands your mind.

I assure you it was a very good "Wow".

Thank you then!:biggrin:

But some other people travel so much more than that...in the scheme of things that's really nothing.

Thank you then!:biggrin:

But some other people travel so much more than that...in the scheme of things that's really nothing.

Yes, they travel more. But you listed places you have lived for 2 years or more. That means you experienced more of the actual location than any tourist ever could.

Yes, they travel more. But you listed places you have lived for 2 years or more. That means you experienced more of the actual location than any tourist ever could.

A little bit more I guess, yes.:)

2 year minimum . Please only list major cities

Tucson , AZ
Phoenix
Las Vegas
Portland, OR
Detroit
Dexter NM
Lovington NM
Santa Fe NM
Plainview TX
Perryton TX
Pittsburg KS
Salina KS
Cedar Crest NM
Albuquerque NM

Several other places of shorter than two year duration. Hombre has always been the designated chief breadwinner and most of those moves were due to him being transferred in his job. I was the one who had to start over and in every town but two or three had multiple jobs until I worked my way into one I loved and wanted to stay. Which has given me a much more eclectic, interesting, and educational career path and taught me much that many people have not had that kind of opportunity. I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Last edited:
Dexter NM
Lovington NM
Santa Fe NM
Plainview TX
Perryton TX
Pittsburg KS
Salina KS
Cedar Crest NM
Albuquerque NM

Several other places of shorter than two year duration. Hombre has always been the designated chief breadwinner and most of those moves were due to him being transferred in his job. I was the one who had to start over and in every town but one had multiple jobs until I worked my way into one I loved and wanted to stay. Which has given me a much more eclectic, interesting, and educational career path and taught me much that many people to not had that kind of opportunity. I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

ABQ has a super high crime rate

ABQ has a super high crime rate
Only in some parts of town. Where I live crime is very very low to non existent. Maybe the NRA and Confederate bumper stickers have something to do with that. I don't know. :) Seriously I live in a very pleasant and stable neighborhood of mostly homeowners/families where we have a very eclectic and pleasant variety of races, ethnicity etc. Neighbors look out for neighbors and crime is not much of an issue here.

Albuquerque is a sanctuary city though and where the migrants and gangs hang out can be pretty rough.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back