Eschatology Islam/ Christianity

Here is a link from a Great Catholic site, which can help clarify mis characterization.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Home

A favorite on the subject of Conscience below. Should Islam ever Learn this Lesson In Truth, you will no longer be an enemy. Until then, you remain a prisoner and an appendage of Totalitarianism, which is not in Communion with God

Because we hold it for a fundamental and undeniable truth, "that religion or the duty which we owe to our Creator and the manner of discharging it, can be directed only by reason and conviction, not by force or violence." The Religion then of every man must be left to the conviction and conscience of every man; and it is the right of every man to exercise it as these may dictate. This right is in its nature an unalienable right. It is unalienable, because the opinions of men, depending only on the evidence contemplated by their own minds cannot follow the dictates of other men: It is unalienable also, because what is here a right towards men, is a duty towards the Creator. It is the duty of every man to render to the Creator such homage and such only as he believes to be acceptable to him. This duty is precedent, both in order of time and in degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society. Before any man can be considerd as a member of Civil Society, he must be considered as a subject of the Governour of the Universe: And if a member of Civil Society, do it with a saving of his allegiance to the Universal Sovereign. We maintain therefore that in matters of Religion, no man's right is abridged by the institution of Civil Society and that Religion is wholly exempt from its cognizance. True it is, that no other rule exists, by which any question which may divide a Society, can be ultimately determined, but the will of the majority; but it is also true that the majority may trespass on the rights of the minority.

Because Religion be exempt from the authority of the Society at large, still less can it be subject to that of the Legislative Body. The latter are but the creatures and vicegerents of the former. Their jurisdiction is both derivative and limited: it is limited with regard to the co-ordinate departments, more necessarily is it limited with regard to the constituents. The preservation of a free Government requires not merely, that the metes and bounds which separate each department of power be invariably maintained; but more especially that neither of them be suffered to overleap the great Barrier which defends the rights of the people. The Rulers who are guilty of such an encroachment, exceed the commission from which they derive their authority, and are Tyrants. The People who submit to it are governed by laws made neither by themselves nor by an authority derived from them, and are slaves. - James Madison

I'm a true believer. I believe all religions should be taxed without limits; Daniel Webster provides the reason in arguing Marbury v. Madison, he said: “An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, a power to destroy,” 17 U.S. 327 (1819).

I'm a true believer. I believe all religions should be taxed without limits; Daniel Webster provides the reason in arguing Marbury v. Madison, he said: “An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, a power to destroy,” 17 U.S. 327 (1819).

Want to remain Impartial, lets hit all the Learning Institutions first and see how that works out. Let's eliminate all exemptions. Why not totally obstruct Comrade. Let's just eliminate all private property. Just stomp Conscience where ever we find it. We have Our God, the State.

Personally I don't think that what Club You belong to matters much with Salvation, which is Individual and Personal. Training wheels serve a purpose, granted, but that is not to be confused with the Passport In. Trashing similar minded is not Virtuous. Personally it is my faith that Salvation is not on our terms, but his, and who are we to question?

Danial 2

28But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;

29As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.

30But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.

31Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.

32This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

33His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.

34Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
*** Sounds like present USA

35Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

36This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.

37Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.

38And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

39And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

40And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

41And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

42And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

43And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

44And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

45Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

46Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.

47The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.

48Then the king made Daniel a great man, and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon.

49Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel sat in the gate of the king.

Thank you for reading the thread and joining in, Perhaps you would better enjoy if you know the meaning of the word.

Thanks, I'm quite familiar with the meaning of eschatology. Another poster had mentioned something about forgiveness in the afterlife and I decided to post in response to that. :eusa_eh:

Every individual or group has an eschatological worldview (Weltanschauung) in some form or another. This eschatological worldview is fundamental in the action, ethics, philosophy, law, and politics of these groups expressed in a relational construct with perceived reality. The foundation of that worldview is the basis on which their perception of the world around them, and the answers to the questions of "who am i, why am i here, and where am i going" is built. The foundation to ones eschatological worldview is simply their distinct scriptures or other non-religious dogma that provides answers to those questions; this is the main determining factor as to how an individual or group live out their lives, and the goals which they hope to attain.

Forum List

Back