Eschatology Islam/ Christianity

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
I think it would be instructive to do a comparison/contrast between the eschatology of Islam and Christianity .
I hope we can have a civil enjoyable chat.

I'm probably stepping in over my head on this one.

I'm a Christian, specifically Catholic. I'm still learning about my own religion and quite frankly don't buy into all the doctrines 100%. I realize this makes me what some call a "cafeteria Catholic", but frankly, I don't care.

As for a comparison/contrast of these religions as pertain to eschatology.....

Both believe in the after-life.

But is Islam as forgiving is Christianity? It seems to me it might be harder to achieve the status of Heaven in Islam.

According to the Qur'an, Jannah is attainable by many.

Those who believe and do good deeds, for them the Beneficent will surely bring about love. - 19:96

And as to those who believe and do good deeds, He will pay them fully their rewards. And Allah loves not the unjust. - 3:57

And as for those who believe and do good -- We impose not on any soul a duty beyond its scope -- they are the owners of the Garden; therein they abide. - 7:42​

This includes followers of other monotheistic religions.

Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good, they have their reward with their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve. - 2:62​

Disbelievers who conduct themselves righteously may be included as well. Only Allah SWT can decide.

So he who does an atom’s weight of good will see it. - 99:7​

The Christian criterion seems narrow by comparison. Belief in the doctrine of sonship is apparently required:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - Jn. 3:16 (KJV)​

I'm a Christian, specifically Catholic. I'm still learning about my own religion and quite frankly don't buy into all the doctrines 100%. I realize this makes me what some call a "cafeteria Catholic", but frankly, I don't care.

But is Islam as forgiving is Christianity? It seems to me it might be harder to achieve the status of Heaven in Islam.

Everyone who steps into an eschatology discussion is stepping in over their heads; except for a true prophet of course. And he would immediately be labeled a lunatic.

Strange, isn't it? Anyone who could give true insight would not be believed.

I think it would be instructive to do a comparison/contrast between the eschatology of Islam and Christianity .

Your threads are anything but instructive. Their usefulness is limited to showcasing your idiocy so the rest of us can marvel at it. :thup:

Your threads are anything but instructive. Their usefulness is limited to showcasing your idiocy so the rest of us can marvel at it. :thup:

So much for civil, enjoyable chat.

I don't feel inclined to act civilly toward those who have repeatedly shown themselves to be weak-minded bigots. The OP started this thread under the false pretense of wanting an "instructive discussion" so that he could attempt to bash my religion. That's the only reason for his pitiful existence on this message board. :lol:

Everyone who steps into an eschatology discussion is stepping in over their heads; except for a true prophet of course. And he would immediately be labeled a lunatic.

Strange, isn't it? Anyone who could give true insight would not be believed.

Very good point.

I am fairly familiar with the end of the world nosense in the New Testament.

I thik it a load of stuiff written to be nothing more than stuff-written-post-the-death-of-Jesus-Christ nonsense to be honest.

I wasn't aware that Islam had an end of the world prophesy.

The world will end, of course.

But as to any of our religons knowing how it will end?

I don't think Jesus Christ mentioned how the world would end, did he?

If not, then all that nonsense about Christians being whisked up into heaven and the end of days is must so much hysterical blather.

So much for civil, enjoyable chat.

I don't feel inclined to act civilly toward those who have repeatedly shown themselves to be weak-minded bigots. The OP started this thread under the false pretense of wanting an "instructive discussion" so that he could attempt to bash my religion. That's the only reason for his pitiful existence on this message board. :lol:
Thank you for reading the thread and joining in, Perhaps you would better enjoy if you know the meaning of the word.

Eschatology
(from the Greek ἔσχατος, Eschatos meaning "last" and -logy meaning "the study of") is a part of theology and philosophy concerned with what is believed to be the final events in the history of the world, or the ultimate destiny of humanity, commonly referred to as the end of the world.

While in mysticism the phrase refers metaphorically to the end of ordinary reality and reunion with the Divine, in many traditional religions it is taught as an actual future event prophesied in sacred texts or folklore. More broadly, eschatology may encompass related concepts such as the Messiah or Messianic Age, the end time, and the end of days.

i wonder if the christians on here will admit that they do not consider catholics christian?
a lot of christians have adopted this defination of a cult: any religion that removes or adds books to the kjv of the bible...plus they go on about how catholics have to have the bible translated for them by the pope...

you will however rarely hear them admit this is public....lets see if they will on here...

as for the comparsions of religions..what does it matter now...both have been so twisted and distorted by now..as is the way with all religions.

Most all evangelicals consider the Catholic Church to be a cult and a false religion.

So what do you call a religion that thinks we were made out of clay? :eusa_whistle:

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Whether the term used is "dust", as in the Bible, or "clay" in the Qur'an.

Both religions believe that man was formed from the soil of the earth.

Most all evangelicals consider the Catholic Church to be a cult and a false religion.

So what do you call a religion that thinks we were made out of clay? :eusa_whistle:

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Whether the term used is "dust", as in the Bible, or "clay" in the Qur'an.

Both religions believe that man was formed from the soil of the earth.

So you admit that you're just as bonkers as each other. Check.

And btw, it sounds like mohammed copied the bible.:eusa_shhh:

In the New Testament it says;

Romans 9:20-21: “Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?”

Forum List

Back