Epson & HP Injet printers Self-Destruct if you use alternate inks...but you knew this

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
Recently, my one year and two month old (kinda still new) Epson printer self destructed. Literally. It was doing fine then one day it just started grinding and sounded like all the gears inside went to hell.

Well, at first I just thought something dropped in it so figuring I had nothing to lose...disassembled it......nothing.

So, then I started Googling the issue and found out that LOTS of people had the exact same experience. What did they all have in common? After market INK Cartridges.

Apparently they program the chips in them so that if you have the audacity to not want to pay their outrageous ink prices, the printer will self destruct. Don't believe it? Google it yourself.....

"Epson printer self destructs"

If printer ink were gasoline, it would cost $175,000 to fill your cars tank!!!
If Printer Ink Was Gasoline, It Would Cost $175,000 To Fill Your Car

So not only are these gold digging bastards charging more per ounce for their ink than human blood, then they add insult to injury by denying you ANY use of the item you purchased. Note: Mine was also a scanner but they program it so that NOTHING will work if you have used ink cartridges from anywhere but Epson for a pre-determined (buy variable) amount of time.

However, I say it's ok that they do this. Why? Free market. Noone is FORCED to buy their printers. I personally will check which manufacturers do this before I purchase and buy elsewhere. I STILL control the power of the purse. Fuck Epson. And Fuck ANY printer company that does this. If they keep it up, someone in China or Russia will eventually make a printer that doesn't do this and these assholes will lose.

SO next time you run out and pay for that over-priced ripp off ink, remember that it's only because of you that Epson, HP and the others can do this. :eusa_dance:

And don't blame them....if YOU could get $100,000 per hour for your work I'm SURE you would.

Forum List

Back