Regan/Carmen: A Populism Witchboard

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Populism-evocative 'dialogue-rich' characters such as Regan (portrayed by Linda Blair in the evangelism-paranoia Exorcist film series) and Carmen Sandiego (a fictional elusive crime-figure in a game-and-learning franchise and PBS TV-series) are symbolic of new age 'socialization negotiation' (e.g., Coming to America).

How can we use such democracy 'negotiation avatars' to evaluate 'etiquette consciousness'?

Etiquette in the age of commerce and traffic seems to be a very complicated subject for President Trump already! Maybe all we need are some light-hearted cartoons...

Cheers,

====

REGAN: The Internet is a 'mischief-board.'
CARMEN: I think it's also a profitable 'game-array.'
REGAN: Facebook is so addictive!
CARMEN: You can purchase virtually anything online.
REGAN: Why don't they make 'virtual reality' schools?
CARMEN: Well, there are already online learning courses...
REGAN: Maybe there should be a 'networking seminar' at every college.
CARMEN: Using the Internet to connect with other people reveals a new kind of 'phone.'
REGAN: I'd like to see more Internet chat about storytelling...
CARMEN: Are you referring to art forums?
REGAN: I'm talking about stories about ghosts in computers!
CARMEN: Well, people are very conscious of the problem of Internet viruses...
REGAN: Do you know how many people make 'meaningless gibberish/doodles' on the Internet?
CARMEN: It does seem sometimes that recreational networking sites (i.e., Facebook) are 'playgrounds.'
REGAN: There should be an Internet blog about 'god-carousels,' so readers are sensitized to ethics...
CARMEN: There is very little supervision/regulation on the Internet, but people are curious about education.
REGAN: Maybe people should share stick-figure drawings on the Internet, so we can learn about humility!
CARMEN: That seems clever, but in fact, very few Americans (it seems) are sensitive about consumerism...

====

comics4.jpg

comics3.jpg

Forum List

Back