EPA most wanted list proves they need to go

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Can anyone tell me why a guy dumping gas in a sewer puts you on the EPA most wanted list? Why is that a felony on the first place?

It wasn't hard to track down Jun Wang the first time he ran from the crime that would eventually land him on U.S. EPA's list of wanted fugitives.

Wang fled after employees of a Kettering, Ohio, tire shop confronted him as he drained gasoline from his delivery truck into a storm sewer near their store on Nov. 18, 2003.

Amid the commotion, the panicked Wang failed to replace his fuel-tank plug, and his truck trailed gasoline through a parking lot and through the streets of Kettering.

He didn't replace the plug until his next food delivery stop. But it was too late. Authorities weren't far behind.

Wang, a Chicago native, was eventually charged with one count of criminal violation of the Clean Water Act. Facing up to three years in prison and a quarter-million dollars in fines, he ran a second time.

Epa: Pursuit of gasoline dumper spurs debate over fugitives list -- 01/11/2012 -- www.eenews.net

Can anyone tell me why a guy dumping gas in a sewer puts you on the EPA most wanted list? Why is that a felony on the first place?

It wasn't hard to track down Jun Wang the first time he ran from the crime that would eventually land him on U.S. EPA's list of wanted fugitives.

Wang fled after employees of a Kettering, Ohio, tire shop confronted him as he drained gasoline from his delivery truck into a storm sewer near their store on Nov. 18, 2003.

Amid the commotion, the panicked Wang failed to replace his fuel-tank plug, and his truck trailed gasoline through a parking lot and through the streets of Kettering.

He didn't replace the plug until his next food delivery stop. But it was too late. Authorities weren't far behind.

Wang, a Chicago native, was eventually charged with one count of criminal violation of the Clean Water Act. Facing up to three years in prison and a quarter-million dollars in fines, he ran a second time.

Epa: Pursuit of gasoline dumper spurs debate over fugitives list -- 01/11/2012 -- www.eenews.net

Yowzah!

Dumping 32 gallons of gasoline into a storm drain is a felony? What the fuck??

And to think how much law enforcement effort is going to track this guy down while Roman Polanski runs around Europe a free man.

Why would he dump gas in a drain? Don't you care about your drinking water? Don't you want the cost of water treatment to go down? After all, the more shit you dump in the water, the more treatment is required.
But even with all of that, it still begs the question... Why would he dump gas down a drain? Shit's pretty expensive to be doing that.

And to think how much law enforcement effort is going to track this guy down while Roman Polanski runs around Europe a free man.

Roman Polanski? Good God, reach much?

Why would he dump gas in a drain? Don't you care about your drinking water? Don't you want the cost of water treatment to go down? After all, the more shit you dump in the water, the more treatment is required.
But even with all of that, it still begs the question... Why would he dump gas down a drain? Shit's pretty expensive to be doing that.

Where did I say it should be ignored? What I want to know is why is it a federal offense that deserves being included on the most wanted list? Do you think that the city might actually have a law that prohibits people dumping gas into their water supply?

Roman Polanski? Good God, reach much?
¿Que?

Bad gas. Plain and simple. That's why you dump it.

ETA: the storm sewer was out and out stupid. not malevolent enough to warrant fugitive status. good grief.

All you have to do is google What do you do with bad gas and there are a lot of web sites.

Last edited:

Where did I say it should be ignored? What I want to know is why is it a federal offense that deserves being included on the most wanted list? Do you think that the city might actually have a law that prohibits people dumping gas into their water supply?

Because our water supply is a matter of National Security?

What I want to know is why anyone would dump perfectly good gasoline in the sewer.

From the OP link:

Wang, a driver for the New Shun Shing International Trading Co., had accidentally filled up one of his delivery truck's two fuel tanks with gasoline. The truck ran on diesel.

Wang isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Where did I say it should be ignored? What I want to know is why is it a federal offense that deserves being included on the most wanted list?

Most wanted? It says fugitive list, not Most Wanted.

LOL, Oh the hysterical right wing has its pantie's all in a knot.

First of all, it's a felony because that's the law.

Second, it's dangerous. Gas mixed with methane gas in a closed environment has the potential to explode.

Third, it drains into rivers, rivers which use to catch fire before it became illegal to do so and harms the environment.

Finally, some industries would continue to dump toxic and volatile substances into rivers, sewers, lakes and oceans if it were only a misdemeanor. Felonies carry much greater fines and longer periods of confinement.

What I want to know is why anyone would dump perfectly good gasoline in the sewer.

From the OP link:

Wang, a driver for the New Shun Shing International Trading Co., had accidentally filled up one of his delivery truck's two fuel tanks with gasoline. The truck ran on diesel.

Wang isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Well, that explains it. I didn't realize there was more than what was originally posted. However, Wang(fitting name) doubled down on his stupidity by dumping the gas. Question is... did New Shun Shing International tell him to do it?

I think all of the OP questions are answered in the OP link!

More from the link:

The Kettering Fire Department and Dayton area HAZMAT crews had to be called to clean up the fuel, some of which drained it into Little Beaver Creek, a tributary of the Ohio River that is classified as a national wild and scenic river.

"It is a federal crime to dump hazardous materials into storm drains since they often drain directly into our water supply," said Gregory Lockhart, U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Ohio, in a July 2004 release. "Only prompt action by the tire shop employees and the first responders from the Kettering Fire Department and area HAZMAT crews prevented further environmental damage."

Wang is a dick.

Forum List

Back