EPA most wanted list proves they need to go

Roman Polanski is a scumbag who will never set foot on American soil again. it's a strawman.
The point is that it is a waste of resources chasing down a guy who spilled a little gas in the storm drain while there's much bigger criminals out there.

32 gallons isn't a little "spillage", it's purposefully dumping.
Compared to the Ohio River, 32 gallons is nothing.

I'm not sure why you're dragging intent into this, either. It's probably a strict liability crime.

Can anyone tell me why a guy dumping gas in a sewer puts you on the EPA most wanted list? Why is that a felony on the first place?

Because storm sewers drain into rivers.

A few gallons vs the BP Oil spill that Obama allowed to continue for months on end and refused help from a myriad of countries who had the equipment to contain the spill?

Why then, the EPA should have Obama's face front and center on their most wanted list?

Why would he dump gas in a drain? Don't you care about your drinking water? Don't you want the cost of water treatment to go down? After all, the more shit you dump in the water, the more treatment is required.
But even with all of that, it still begs the question... Why would he dump gas down a drain? Shit's pretty expensive to be doing that.

Sure, the guy should get a $50 ticket, no question about it.

Can anyone tell me why a guy dumping gas in a sewer puts you on the EPA most wanted list? Why is that a felony on the first place?

A few gallons vs the BP Oil spill that Obama allowed to continue for months on end and refused help from a myriad of countries who had the equipment to contain the spill?

Why then, the EPA should have Obama's face front and center on their most wanted list?

Since when did the "BP" oil spill become the "BO" oil spill? Seems to me that BP allowed it to continue for months on end... but that's OK with you guys.. "they're just trying to make money"

If Wang didn't run, how do you know that isn't what kind of fine he would have gotten?

Life in prison?

You leftists have a way of making sure people knuckle under.

Running from the police is an additional offense.

The EPA doesn't pursue flight from the police.

Maybe Obama will have him killed- it's cool to kill US citizens now, you know....

Okay, make it a $500 fine.

Proportion brownshirts, proportion.

If Wang didn't run, how do you know that isn't what kind of fine he would have gotten?

Violating the CWA can be a felony by itself, with fines running into the hundreds of thousands of dollars per count.

Can you provide a link to someone fined hundreds of thousands of dollars for dumping "a little gas in the storm drain"?

Last edited:

Violating the CWA can be a felony by itself, with fines running into the hundreds of thousands of dollars per count.

Can you provide a link to someone fined hundreds of thousands of dollars for dumping a few gallons of gasoline into a sewer?
I'll do you one better, champ.

United States Code: Title 33,1319. Enforcement | LII / Legal Information Institute

Scroll on down to paragraph (c).

Why would he dump gas in a drain? Don't you care about your drinking water? Don't you want the cost of water treatment to go down? After all, the more shit you dump in the water, the more treatment is required.
But even with all of that, it still begs the question... Why would he dump gas down a drain? Shit's pretty expensive to be doing that.

Where did I say it should be ignored? What I want to know is why is it a federal offense that deserves being included on the most wanted list? Do you think that the city might actually have a law that prohibits people dumping gas into their water supply?

Because our water supply is a matter of National Security?

If we listen to the fearmongers.

Since when did the "BP" oil spill become the "BO" oil spill? Seems to me that BP allowed it to continue for months on end... but that's OK with you guys.. "they're just trying to make money"

What are you talking about?

Obama turned down 30 International offers of help to contain and or disperse the spill.

I think he wanted it to drag on endlessly so he could ban all off shore drilling. That's his style. Let people suffer and the environment suffer for the "greater good".

30 International Offers Of Oil Spill Support Obama Has Thrown Out The Window

ETA: I am a serious water conservationist and I'm not the only one that was spitting bullets over Obama refusing all help to contain the spill all the while huffing and puffing with his stupid "we have our boots on the neck" rhetoric and sending fucking lawyers to the Gulf. Pardon my french but man oh man, he was such an asshole over this. I wanted to smack Gibbs every time I heard that weasel talk about how they were doing "BP".

And all the while they were refusing all sorts of offers of assistance. Pigs.

Last edited:

Where did I say it should be ignored? What I want to know is why is it a federal offense that deserves being included on the most wanted list?

Most wanted? It says fugitive list, not Most Wanted.

Does that mean you agree with me that we need to eliminate the EPA? Or at least the criminal penalties that are warrant putting a guy who lives in China on the list?

LOL, Oh the hysterical right wing has its pantie's all in a knot.

First of all, it's a felony because that's the law.
\
That certainly makes me feel better, but it fails the Turing test.

Second, it's dangerous. Gas mixed with methane gas in a closed environment has the potential to explode.

You should ask your programmer to put in some info about chemistry, gasoline vapors mixed with methane cannot spontaneously explode.

Third, it drains into rivers, rivers which use to catch fire before it became illegal to do so and harms the environment.

Rivers used to catch fire before it was illegal to to light rivers on fire?

Finally, some industries would continue to dump toxic and volatile substances into rivers, sewers, lakes and oceans if it were only a misdemeanor. Felonies carry much greater fines and longer periods of confinement.

This is not an industry, it is a single guy who dumped a few gallons of gas into a storm drain.

It wasn't hard to track down Jun Wang the first time he ran from the crime that would eventually land him on U.S. EPA's list of wanted fugitives.

Wang fled after employees of a Kettering, Ohio, tire shop confronted him as he drained gasoline from his delivery truck into a storm sewer near their store on Nov. 18, 2003.

Amid the commotion, the panicked Wang failed to replace his fuel-tank plug, and his truck trailed gasoline through a parking lot and through the streets of Kettering.

He didn't replace the plug until his next food delivery stop. But it was too late. Authorities weren't far behind.

Wang, a Chicago native, was eventually charged with one count of criminal violation of the Clean Water Act. Facing up to three years in prison and a quarter-million dollars in fines, he ran a second time.

Epa: Pursuit of gasoline dumper spurs debate over fugitives list -- 01/11/2012 -- www.eenews.net

Good question. Do some research. Find out why. Come back and let us know.

Can you provide a link to someone fined hundreds of thousands of dollars for dumping "a little gas in the storm drain"?

Did you miss the part where the EPA filed a charge that carries a maximum fine of $250,000? I posted another article recently about a guy that got prison time behind pumping out a flooded basement in a retirement home, I might have run myself under those circumstances, especially with a lawyer telling me it does not matter if I intended to do anything wrong.

New Topics

Forum List

Back