Entitlements must be cut drastically. Here's why...

Sorry, you selfish assholes. We are in severely bad economic times, yes, caused by Reagan's "trickle down" bullshit and the banks' shenanigans. We lost 2.3 MILLION jobs just to China alone during just a tiny portion of shrub's glorious reign (2001-2003). The firsrt thing that should be cut is the billions upon billions of dollars given out as corporate welfare. No company making billions in profit should be receiving ANY tax breaks of ANY kind, nor subsidies of ANY kind.

I completely agree. That doesn't change the reality of where our safety net program money is going

This war on the needy who are TRULY STRUGGLING is really pissing me off. It's time we put people before corporate interests for a change. God, what has this country become???

Again the simple fact is most of them aren't 'truly struggling'. Not in the sense that there simply aren't any ways of improving their financial position. We can cut entitlements significantly by not rewarding apathy or poor decision making, just like you suggest we do for the corporate world. Such behavior should not be enabled by the government regardless of the income bracket you fall in.

Last edited:
get off of your soapbox and take a look at my post number 8.....

You dont know nearly as much as you think you know.

I obviously know more than you. Read a book once in a while that isn't shouty untruths and conervative screed. Why don't you read up on what the corn subsidies are doing to our farmers, our health, and our environment. Read up on the surge in farmers' suicides and what those subsidies are doing to the land. Read up on where the profits from those subsidies GO. Read up on the profits of the ones who solely benefit from those subsidies. Then come back and crow about yanking the safety net out from under those that already have NOTHING. I won't even get started on the banks...

Peepers....like I said...read my sentiments on this topic and stop spouting about things that have nothing to do with this topic.

Many seem to believe that the solution to the welfare issue and those that abuse it is to pump more money into the system to cover everyone...including those that abuse it.

I believe money should be spent on monitoring the system and eliminating as much of the abuse as possible.

this is not a thread about those that need assistance...it is a thread about those that abuse the entitlement system.

Funny, you don't seem to know the difference. I would bet you everything that there are more millionaires and billionaires gaming the "system" - and for a shit-ton more money, than the entire population of people on what you refer to as "welfare".

And that needs to be stopped TOO... not instead of eliminating welfare entitlements

Nothing says Christmas like hating on the poor.

I don't hate the poor. You libs simply need to pull your heads out of the sand. The poor are not comprised entirely of people in a single situation. Some need temporary assistance between careers, some truly can not help themselves. MANY are leeching off of the system. These are people that make bad choices and abuse the system. People who could and are able to do better but refuse to. The reality is that's who mostly comprise the welfare roles and I refuse to to made to feel like some grinch for not wanting to further enable such behavior financially by people like you who are oblivious to reality.

Peepers....like I said...read my sentiments on this topic and stop spouting about things that have nothing to do with this topic.

Many seem to believe that the solution to the welfare issue and those that abuse it is to pump more money into the system to cover everyone...including those that abuse it.

I believe money should be spent on monitoring the system and eliminating as much of the abuse as possible.

Corporate welfare is off topic??? I really wish some brave soul would put together a side-by side comparison of what we throw away in corporate welfare vs. what is given as assistance to the needy. I'll bet it would blow your mind. Of course abuse should be rooted out. But corporate "entitlement" abuse (which corporate welfare itself is a shameful abuse in the first place) is never even considered nor MENTIONED. Why?

Sorry, you selfish assholes. We are in severely bad economic times, yes, caused by Reagan's "trickle down" bullshit and the banks' shenanigans. We lost 2.3 MILLION jobs just to China alone during just a tiny portion of shrub's glorious reign (2001-2003). The firsrt thing that should be cut is the billions upon billions of dollars given out as corporate welfare. No company making billions in profit should be receiving ANY tax breaks of ANY kind, nor subsidies of ANY kind. This war on the needy who are TRULY STRUGGLING is really pissing me off. It's time we put people before corporate interests for a change. God, what has this country become???

Well then contact your Senators and Representatives and tell em to get rid of the tax loopholes, tax breaks and all subsidies. You might want to let Barry know that he really should get another jobs Tzar. Immelt ain't cuttin it.

If your so concerned about the needy then start your own charity dude. Whip out YOUR wallet and checkbook and you pay for em. . I'm not interested in paying anyones bills.

Corporate welfare is off topic??? I really wish some brave soul would put together a side-by side comparison of what we throw away in corporate welfare vs. what is given as assistance to the needy. I'll bet it would blow your mind. Of course abuse should be rooted out. But corporate "entitlement" abuse (which corporate welfare itself is a shameful abuse in the first place) is never even considered nor MENTIONED. Why?

ok...so lets reform corporate entitlement...fine...

Now...lets just say we did....no more coporate entitlements...done..

OK...so how does that stop the abuse of welfare and food stamps......which is the topic of this thread?

Well then contact your Senators and Representatives and tell em to get rid of the tax loopholes, tax breaks and all subsidies.

What do you think OWS is all about? Add in get all money out of our electoral system and you've got it the whole point of it covered. Problem is, our congress is full of rich assholes making money off of these very things - and who are in collusion / writing legislation for the very companies benefiting. See the problem?

If your so concerned about the needy then start your own charity dude. Whip out YOUR wallet and checkbook and you pay for em. . I'm not interested in paying anyones bills.

I do give what I can to charity AND I volunteer. I'd much rather throw in a couple of pennies pay someone's heating bill that can't make ends meet than boost some CEO's salary. That is for damn sure.

Sorry, you selfish assholes. We are in severely bad economic times, yes, caused by Reagan's "trickle down" bullshit and the banks' shenanigans. We lost 2.3 MILLION jobs just to China alone during just a tiny portion of shrub's glorious reign (2001-2003). The firsrt thing that should be cut is the billions upon billions of dollars given out as corporate welfare. No company making billions in profit should be receiving ANY tax breaks of ANY kind, nor subsidies of ANY kind. This war on the needy who are TRULY STRUGGLING is really pissing me off. It's time we put people before corporate interests for a change. God, what has this country become???

Well then contact your Senators and Representatives and tell em to get rid of the tax loopholes, tax breaks and all subsidies. You might want to let Barry know that he really should get another jobs Tzar. Immelt ain't cuttin it.

and, of course, when prices rise becuase of corporate welfare reform.....Peepers will be complaining about that as well.

And in the meantime...people will STILL be abusing the welfare and food stamp systems.

Well then contact your Senators and Representatives and tell em to get rid of the tax loopholes, tax breaks and all subsidies.

What do you think OWS is all about? Add in get all money out of our electoral system and you've got it the whole point of it covered. Problem is, our congress is full of rich assholes making money off of these very things - and who are in collusion / writing legislation for the very companies benefiting. See the problem?

I do give what I can to charity AND I volunteer. I'd much rather throw in a couple of pennies pay someone's heating bill that can't make ends meet than boost some CEO's salary. That is for damn sure.

that is true for all of us.

I just dont get where you are going with this.

OK...so how does that stop the abuse of welfare and food stamps......which is the topic of this thread?

The point is, corporate welfare is where the real money is, abuse-wise. Let's reign that in while we root out welfare and food stamp abuse. I just don't believe that the "abuse" is as wide-spread as you think. People getting this assistance aren't exactly living high on the hog.

The point is, corporate welfare is where the real money is, abuse-wise. Let's reign that in while we root out welfare and food stamp abuse. I just don't believe that the "abuse" is as wide-spread as you think. People getting this assistance aren't exactly living high on the hog.

Like I said...read my post number 8. I ALSO dont think it is as widespread as people think.
We have evaluated the unemployment issue and have found about 1/3 of those on unemployment are not doing their best to find a job. However 2/3 are busting their butts to get a job.
Finding a job is a job in itself. IN essence, you are being paid a salary (unemployment insurance) to use your time to find a job. We have about 1/3 of those on unemplyment passing on job i nterviews for things such as ...going to the beach, going to Six Flags, out of town, babysitting for cash.
If they were working, they would be doing those things on the weekend.
That is abuse...and it is evident with nearly 1 on 3 candidates.

and, of course, when prices rise becuase of corporate welfare reform.....Peepers will be complaining about that as well.

Oh really? Got some proof?

no.

But I have read enough of your posts to know that you are an anti capitalist, anti business owner, anti maximizing profits.

So I see it as a sound hypothesis.

It's really bad. You should leave hastily.

And again that's the fundmental difference between conservatives and liberals. Liberals seem to view the bulk of poor people as down on their luck, victims of circumstance who simply aren't capable of improving their lot in life. Conservatives on the other hand believe the poor are comprised signifanctly of people that have made bad life decisions and are capable of improving their position in life, but won't. And there is such a thing as enabling bad behavior. It doesn't mean people want to be poor. It's like a drug addict; most of them don't want to be drug addicts they've simply become dependent on them and breaking the habit is harder than just staying on them. Along with that addicts have people in their lives that may not intentionally do so, but regardless enable their addiction and dependence. They continue enable their addicted friend or family member by give the money for 'food' or 'gas'. People get duped into the same arguments by libs when it comes to welfare. "Are you really gonna let these poor people starve?" So we keep giving them money, even though it's not going to help them. It's being used to allow them to keep doing what got them where they are in the first place.

The issues is bigger than to give or not poor people money. It's about how you change a pattern of behavior and where the line is between enabling bad behavior and helping foster better behavior.

Musta been all those libs who promised to flee the country if Bush was elected.

Nothing ELSE could possibly have inspired companies to leave, could they?

Like I said...read my post number 8. I ALSO dont think it is as widespread as people think.
We have evaluated the unemployment issue and have found about 1/3 of those on unemployment are not doing their best to find a job. However 2/3 are busting their butts to get a job.
Finding a job is a job in itself. IN essence, you are being paid a salary (unemployment insurance) to use your time to find a job. We have about 1/3 of those on unemplyment passing on job i nterviews for things such as ...going to the beach, going to Six Flags, out of town, babysitting for cash.
If they were working, they would be doing those things on the weekend.
That is abuse...and it is evident with nearly 1 on 3 candidates.

That's just one prorgam though, unemployment insurance. We're also talking about the abuses in prorgrams like WIC and food stamps. That's where the abuse is most obvious. Again all you have to do is be a cashier at a grocery store and look at what decisions people are making with the assistance their receiving.

Forum List

Back