obama Wants Republican e-mail addresses

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
by Keith Koffler on December 14, 2011, 10:13 am

The Obama presidential campaign is launching an effort to collect Republican email addresses by inviting its supporters to submit information about their Republican associates to the Obama 2012 website.

The effort could help the Obama campaign build a database that would enable it to target Republican voters during the general election campaign. But, more perniciously, it could also become part of an Democratic effort to influence Republican primary voters to select a candidate Democrats think Obama could most easily defeat.

Obama Campaign Collecting GOP Emails | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

I wonder how he feels about being reported as spam?

This is gonna go the same way as Attackwatch.

by Keith Koffler on December 14, 2011, 10:13 am

The Obama presidential campaign is launching an effort to collect Republican email addresses by inviting its supporters to submit information about their Republican associates to the Obama 2012 website.

The effort could help the Obama campaign build a database that would enable it to target Republican voters during the general election campaign. But, more perniciously, it could also become part of an Democratic effort to influence Republican primary voters to select a candidate Democrats think Obama could most easily defeat.

Obama Campaign Collecting GOP Emails | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

I wonder how he feels about being reported as spam?

This is gonna go the same way as Attackwatch.

A SNIP from the link and that wolf in sheeps clothing:

Who inspires you to give?

This holiday season, we’re giving you a chance to have a little fun at the expense of a Republican in your life by letting them know they inspired you to make a donation to the Obama campaign.

Simply enter their name and email address below. Then, we’ll send them a message letting them know they inspired you to donate.

Thank you for supporting this campaign, and happy holidays.

Important: By making a donation today, you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to have dinner with Barack and Michelle Obama. By clicking on the “Submit” button below or otherwise participating in the promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements.

Dear Friend

Thank you for inspiring me to donate also. We should all support the candidate of our choice. Because of your generosity I have not only sent as much as I could to Newt Gingrich, but will do so on a regular basis.

It's pretty crass, but I doubt that it will be used to attack the Republicans (other than the initial emails). Generally, when campaigns launch a dirty tricks campaign, they don't do it publicly with their candidate's name on it.

I don't view it as a trick. In this day and age, does anyone not expect to get spam from a site like that?

Give your email, get spam. Internet rule #132.

I don't view it as a trick. In this day and age, does anyone not expect to get spam from a site like that?

Yes, but "You" are not giving your email. he's asking your friends and acquaintances to give "your" email to his organization.

Yes, but "You" are not giving your email. he's asking your friends and acquaintances to give "your" email to his organization.
Pretty much ANY email provided to a site like that is guaranteed to get spam.

That's a corollary to Internet rule #132, rule #132B. ;)

Pretty crass my ass. It's downright sleazy don't ewe think?

Sleazy | Define Sleazy at Dictionary.com
Crass | Define Crass at Dictionary.com

No, I would say crass but not sleazy. Sleazy means "contemptibly low, mean, or disreputable." Helping someone to send a single mildly mocking email to a personal acquaintance does not meet that standard, in my opinion. Of course, if the campaign ended up using the emails for more than that, that could be something sleazy.

Pretty much ANY email provided to a site like that is guaranteed to get spam.

That's a corollary to Internet rule #132, rule #132B. ;)

I am curious what #132A is :confused:

So, Obama is making a list.... will he be checking it twice? Does he need to find out which Republicans have been naughty and nice?

Obama is Santa! I did not see that one coming!

Forum List

Back