Energy secretary shows why electric cars do not beat gas cars.

That explains their positions on civil rights, gender equality, universal health care, universal education and the environment as compared to those of, say, you.
It proves that are idiot Moon Bats that are always wrong on everything.

Liberals don't know jackshit about Economics, History, Climate Science, Biology, Ethics or the Constitution.

They sure as hell don't know anything about basic science to not understand that L-I technology is terrible technology for vehicles.

L-I technology is fine for hand power drills and weed trimmers but not for vehicles except maybe a golf cart.

L-I vehicle are going the way of Betamax and eight track tape players. Great for awhile when they first came out but once everybody realized they sucked stopped buying.

The Big 3 operate at the command of the .gov.

At least Toyoda did not take the smelly .gov bait and is concentrating on Hybrids.....Which makes a lot more sense.
This corruption Potatohead has with massive government subsidies to GM, Chrysler and Ford is a big time scam.

The filthy ass UAW is a cash cow for the despicable Democrat Party.

The government subsidies to the car companies for EVs come with a stipulation that they settle massive wage and benefit demands with the UAW. See the corruption?

By the way, Toyota is working hard on Solid State battery technology. If they can get it engineered right at a reasonable price point it will blow these stupid L-I vehicle out of the market place.

Anybody that has bought a L-I vehicle now is like the guy that bought a Betamax back in the day.

It proves that are idiot Moon Bats that are always wrong on everything.

Liberals don't know jackshit about Economics, History, Climate Science, Biology, Ethics or the Constitution.

They sure as hell don't know anything about basic science to not understand that L-I technology is terrible technology for vehicles.

L-I technology is fine for hand power drills and weed trimmers but not for vehicles except maybe a golf cart.

L-I vehicle are going the way of Betamax and eight track tape players. Great for awhile when they first came out but once everybody realized they sucked stopped buying.

Except there wasn't a government mandate ban to force you to buy betamax......there will be for electric cars and trucks.

You are an idiot....no wonder you back the misanthopic, global warming cult....

1. Capacity. As a consequence of being heavier, electric trucks can’t carry as much freight as diesel trucks. The head of the trade association for California drayage truckers said that companies will need to double the size of their fleets just to haul the same amount of freight they currently do.

You guys are people hating idiots......you don't care that you will cost middle and lower income huge amounts for basic goods and services......

Today, a clean diesel truck can spend 15 minutes fueling anywhere in the country and then travel about 1,200 miles before fueling again. In contrast, today’s long-haul battery electric trucks have a range of about 150-330 miles and can take up to 10 hours to charge.

A new, clean-diesel long-haul tractor typically costs in the range of $180,000 to $200,000. A comparable battery-electric tractor costs upwards of $480,000. That $300,000 upcharge is cost-prohibitive for the overwhelming majority of motor carriers. More than 95% of trucking companies are small businesses operating ten trucks or fewer.

Complying with these mandates will push many carriers out of business and tighten capacity nationwide, causing severe price inflation for all goods.

Weight factors are another inconvenient truth. Battery-electric trucks, which run on two approx. 8,000-lb. lithium iron batteries, are far heavier than their clean-diesel counterparts.

Since trucks are subject to strict federal weight limits, mandating battery-electric will decrease the payload of each truck, putting more trucks on the road and increasing both traffic congestion and tailpipe emissions.

A diesel semi-truck will pull 100 tons ... easy ... so you're saying electric only pulls 50 tons .. fine ...

The weight limit on most roads in the United States is 34 tons (36 tons in Idaho) ... only illegal haulers will need to buy more trucks ... stupid ...

Salt water, since salt is a mineral will create a cuircut.
Imagine having a nice new EV that cost you $60,000 and be worried about parking it in your garage as it might catch fire and burn your house down with you in it.

Imagine living in Florida and ordered to evacuate as a force 5 hurricane is a day away. You get stuck in traffic and run your EV battery dead. You are marooned on the side of a freeway and the nearest exit ramp is ten miles away. Time to break out your Bible and start praying. You are not the only EV in that condition.

You are waiting at a parking lot and some fool rear ends your EV. You find the battery is now unreliable and your insurance company doesn’t want to pay to replace it.

What a bunch of crap....

All other long-distance passenger service and, with rare exceptions, all freight is hauled by diesel-electric locomotives.

Tax rebates for electric cars? Really.......80,000 dollar car, here's your 7 grand....now middle and low income, go get your electric car.....
Perhaps you will have 30 years to pay off your car loan just like your house. The problem is that currently an EV’s battery will last about 8 years. Replacement cost currently ranges from $5000 to upward of $15,000.

I’ll bet old gasoline powered cars will be quite popular in the future and still around.

Imagine having a nice new EV that cost you $60,000 and be worried about parking it in your garage as it might catch fire and burn your house down with you in it.

Imagine living in Florida and ordered to evacuate as a force 5 hurricane is a day away. You get stuck in traffic and run your EV battery dead. You are marooned on the side of a freeway and the nearest exit ramp is ten miles away. Time to break out your Bible and start praying. You are not the only EV in that condition.

You are waiting at a parking lot and some fool rear ends your EV. You find the battery is now unreliable and your insurance company doesn’t want to pay to replace it.

Perhaps you will have 30 years to pay off your car loan just like your house. The problem is that currently an EV’s battery will last about 8 years. Replacement cost currently ranges from $5000 to upward of $15,000.

I’ll bet old gasoline powered cars will be quite popular in the future and still around.

Gasoline burns as well ... and it will burn your house down ...

You can suck a valve, overheat or blow a head gasket while evacuating as well ... why'd'ya wait until the last day to leave? ... and please explain how sitting in traffic drains an EV battery? ... we don't have to idle electric motors ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

I fly my rig on blocks every six months ... mainly to change the motor oil and filter ... and checking water hoses, vacuum lines, fuel lines, exhaust components, check the air filter, spark plugs, EEG, EKG, EGR, PCV ... electric motors have none of that ...

I have a Skil 77 saw right here in front of me, bought used in 1988 ... I've checked the oil once, it was fine ... otherwise, 40 years faithful service ... just the nature of electric motors ... no damn carburetor ...

Is it your parents that take care of the maintenance on your car or something? ... or do you just not maintain your rig? ... it's a couple hundred dollars to get your transmission fluid and filter changed, and I think that component is common to both kinds of rigs ...

What a bunch of crap....
I WAS referring to diesel electric trains. The point was that there is nothing inherent in electric motors that prevent them from hauling loads. They are, in fact, ideal for the task.
Tax rebates for electric cars? Really.......80,000 dollar car, here's your 7 grand....now middle and low income, go get your electric car.....
The average US price for a new car is over $47,000. The cheapest cars on the market are over $20,000. The current average for a single family home is over $410,000. You're living in the past.

My son bought a Tesla about three years ago. It cost over $60K. He is planning on getting rid of it and no more EVs.

He charges it every night in his garage and he is worried about it catching fire. Another thing, insurance is sky high on that thing. If a Tesla has a fender bender then they are almost always totaled.

My son bought a Tesla about three years ago. It cost over $60K. He is planning on getting rid of it and no more EVs.

He charges it every night in his garage and he is worried about it catching fire. Another thing, insurance is sky high on that thing. If a Tesla has a fender bender then they are almost always totaled.
Tell Elon about it. He seems like a reasonable fellow, always open to suggestions and very caring of his fellow man...

Tell Elon about it. He seems like a reasonable fellow, always open to suggestions and very caring of his fellow man...

The thing is, Ms Moon Bat, of all the shitty EVs on the market Elon produces the best. If they ain't worth a shit then none are.

Just wait until all the government subsidized GM/Ford/Chrysler EVs get on the road. Talk about a national fuck up.

The thing is, Ms Moon Bat, of all the shitty EVs on the market Elon produces the best. If they ain't worth a shit then none are.

Just wait until all the government subsidized GM/Ford/Chrysler EVs get on the road. Talk about a national fuck up.
Don't fret. It'll be fine. Just fine. And who is Ms Moon Bat?

Don't fret. It'll be fine. Just fine. And who is Ms Moon Bat?

Look Missy Moon Bat. L-I is terrible technology for vehicles. Absolutely worthless for anything bigger than a golf cart.

Potatohead's dingbat Secretary of Energy is finding that out on her little EV road trip, isn't she? LOL!

There may good vehicle battery technology one of these days like the Solid State that Toyota is trying to engineer but that is a long way from that stupid L-I shit. The Betamax of vehicles.

Look Missy Moon Bat. L-I is terrible technology for vehicles. Absolutely worthless for anything bigger than a golf cart.
Per a number of manufacturers, it seems to be worth 50-100,000 dollars per. And since they've sold several million of them at that price, they are not alone in that assessment.
Potatohead's dingbat Secretary of Energy is finding that out on her little EV road trip, isn't she? LOL!
I am not familiar with Secretary Granholm's "little EV road trip", so I couldn't say.
There may good vehicle battery technology one of these days like the Solid State that Toyota is trying to engineer but that is a long way from that stupid L-I shit. The Betamax of vehicles.
Toyota's new batteries will be sold in vehicles in 2027, a good deal sooner than "one of these days". Mercedes-Benz, VW, BMW and others have all invested heavily in solid state battery technology and I suspect that by 2030 you will have difficulty finding a new car sporting a Li-ion battery.

You make a poor analogy BtW. Betamax was significantly, technically superior to VHS but failed in the marketplace. EV's powered by LI batteries are doing amazingly well in the market place but are hamstrung by both sides of the charging issue (time and facility access).

Per a number of manufacturers, it seems to be worth 50-100,000 dollars per. And since they've sold several million of them at that price, they are not alone in that assessment.

I am not familiar with Secretary Granholm's "little EV road trip", so I couldn't say.

Toyota's new batteries will be sold in vehicles in 2027, a good deal sooner than "one of these days". Mercedes-Benz, VW, BMW and others have all invested heavily in solid state battery technology and I suspect that by 2030 you will have difficulty finding a new car sporting a Li-ion battery.

You make a poor analogy BtW. Betamax was significantly, technically superior to VHS but failed in the marketplace. EV's powered by LI batteries are doing amazingly well in the market place but are hamstrung by both sides of the charging issue (time and facility access).
Missy, is this you?

Perhaps in a decade or so there will be many advancements with EV batteries but in my view at this moment they are not quite ready for prime time.

Perhaps in a decade or so there will be many advancements with EV batteries but in my view at this moment they are not quite ready for prime time.
What is pathetic is that these Environmental Wackos will not admit how bad these L-I vehicles are now because of their obsession with what they erroneously think is "green".

They are idiots.

Missy, is this you?
No, that's me in my avatar photo, with a beard, moustache and bald head. It slays me that you and Elektra think you're scoring points by pretending to be female. It take it you're both misogynistic gays?

No, that's me in my avatar photo, with a beard, moustache and bald head. It slays me that you and Elektra think you're scoring points by pretending to be female. It take it you're both misogynistic gays?
You are a stupid uneducated Environmental Wacko that never gets anything right.

You Moon Bats don't know any more about Climate Science than you know about Economics, History, Biology, Ethics or the Constitution.

This Potatohead administration is using Environmental Wackosim as an excuse to Socialize our economy and to pay off his filthy greedy special interest groups and the American people get nothing for it. That is wrong and utterly idiotic!

The free market should determine the demand for vehicles, not misguided government polices.

L-I technology for vehicles sucks donkey dicks. The government giving subsidies to build the stupid things and spending billions to buy charging stations that will never work is absolute madness.

Stupid Moon Bats like you being allowed to vote is the reason we have these yoyos in government that are screwing up this country.

This Potatohead administration is using Environmental Wackosim as an excuse to Socialize our economy
How has he done that? Executive Order? If a bill, there were Republicans votes required.
and to pay off his filthy greedy special interest groups
What special interest groups and how did he pay them?
and the American people get nothing for it.
Nothing? How about jobs, no tax increases (even after Trump's cuts for the 1%) and inflation rapidly checked?
That is wrong and utterly idiotic!
What is?
The free market should determine the demand for vehicles, not misguided government polices.
Not when those particular cars represent a threat to all.
L-I technology for vehicles sucks donkey dicks.
Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one and they're full of shit and stink.
The government giving subsidies to build the stupid things and spending billions to buy charging stations that will never work is absolute madness.
Their are already almost 7 million of the things on our roads and last year they made up 20% of all vehicles bought. That's a bit much to ignore. And, btw, they were bought and are being used by the American citizens for whom you claim to care.
Stupid Moon Bats like you being allowed to vote is the reason we have these yoyos in government that are screwing up this country.
Being allowed to vote? Being allowed to vote? Who the FUCK do you think you are, you traitorous fucking anti-American ASSHOLE ?!?!?!

Forum List

Back