"Ender's Game" Boycott

[

You sound like one of the pretentious assholes that said no one would be reading Twain by now.

Not really, since Twain has a bunch of memorable quotes... and Card.. Um... um...

Well, I think there are his defenses of Mormonism. Those are always good for a laugh.

There are currently 14 books in the Ender's series, all of which are best sellers.

You really should stop acting like you know everything.

There are currently 14 books in the Ender's series, all of which are best sellers.

Do you realize how few books you have to sell to have a "best-seller"?

Frankly, anyone who milks a franchise for 14 books doesn't really have any talent.

^ What a fucking ignorant and baseless thing to claim. :cuckoo:

JoeBitch really is a silly petty little know nothing bitch.

Frankly, anyone who milks a franchise for 14 books doesn't really have any talent.

Frankly, that is a statement of ignorance.

Unless, that is, you want to argue that Agatha Christie was a talentless hack.

Incidently the Perry Rhodan series has 2700 installments. Almost no one considers them "Good".

John Norman wrote 32 Gor novels... considered highly misogynistic by most people... No one considers them good.

No one considers them good?

A brief perusal of reviews on Amazon disproves your nonsense quite handily.

Incidently the Perry Rhodan series has 2700 installments. Almost no one considers them "Good".

John Norman wrote 32 Gor novels... considered highly misogynistic by most people... No one considers them good.

I could come up with a lot of bad things to say about the Gor series, misogynistic wouldn't even be on the list.

You weren't challenged to prove that SOME folks who write 14 novels in a series are talentless.

YOUR idiotic and ignorant and baseless contention was "anyone who milks a franchise for 14 books doesn't really have any talent."

And that is facially false and you are obviously just a dolt.

No one considers them good?

A brief perusal of reviews on Amazon disproves your nonsense quite handily.

It only counts if he thinks they are good.

I could come up with a lot of bad things to say about the Gor series, misogynistic wouldn't even be on the list.

Considering the fact that millions of copies have been sold, somebody must like them.

Not to mention, off the top of my head...
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Holmes: four novels, 56 short stories)
Ian Fleming (Bond: 12 and two)
Lilian Jackson Braun (The Cat Who... murder mysteries, 29)

In current books, I am a fan of David Weber, and his Honor Harrington series has passed 14 books if you count the anthologies(although some feel it has stretched too far, and I can understand that. :lol:)

You could as easily argue that it takes a particular talent to be able to continue a series so long and keep it fresh enough to remain enjoyable.

You weren't challenged to prove that SOME folks who write 14 novels in a series are talentless.

YOUR idiotic and ignorant and baseless contention was "anyone who milks a franchise for 14 books doesn't really have any talent."

And that is facially false and you are obviously just a dolt.

A writer who has to keep revisiting the same not terribly interesting characters because they are a brand has little talent.

Agatha Christie didn't write about just one character...

It wouldn't?

Really?

Of course, you probably don't think Rush LImbaugh is misogynistic...

Witness of Gor ? John Norman ? The Hathor Legacy

"Sometimes, these mysterious forces aren’t so mysterious. Women on Gor are slaves. Sure, there are “free women” – but, as you’re reminded over and over again throughout the course of the series, a free woman is just a slave without a collar. And they love it. Only in slavery and in submission do women (both Earth and Gorean) realize their true femininity. Men are real men – they’re beasts, brutes, and warriors, chockfull of honor and honest-to-goodness manhood, not the tepid stuff men from our world try to play off as masculinity. So sometimes? Those mysterious forces have a not-so-mysterious motivation: profit. Gorean slavers often raid Earth in order to kidnap its women, who are known for their “hot bellies” (ease of arousal) and overall craving for REAL MEN."

SOunds like it belongs on a GOP Reading list.

Agatha Christie didn't write about just one character...

She wrote 40 books about Poirot. The fact that you didn't know that just proves my point about your ignorance.

Hercule Poirot series by Agatha Christie

It wouldn't?

Really?

Of course, you probably don't think Rush LImbaugh is misogynistic...

Witness of Gor ? John Norman ? The Hathor Legacy

"Sometimes, these mysterious forces aren’t so mysterious. Women on Gor are slaves. Sure, there are “free women” – but, as you’re reminded over and over again throughout the course of the series, a free woman is just a slave without a collar. And they love it. Only in slavery and in submission do women (both Earth and Gorean) realize their true femininity. Men are real men – they’re beasts, brutes, and warriors, chockfull of honor and honest-to-goodness manhood, not the tepid stuff men from our world try to play off as masculinity. So sometimes? Those mysterious forces have a not-so-mysterious motivation: profit. Gorean slavers often raid Earth in order to kidnap its women, who are known for their “hot bellies” (ease of arousal) and overall craving for REAL MEN."

SOunds like it belongs on a GOP Reading list.

If you seriously want your ass handed to you over Gor feel free to start another thread. I will invite all the Gorean people who actually know the subject in to hand you your ass. My guess is you won't be surprised to find out you know less about Gor than you do about Agatha Christie.

In current books, I am a fan of David Weber, and his Honor Harrington series has passed 14 books if you count the anthologies(although some feel it has stretched too far, and I can understand that. :lol:)

You could as easily argue that it takes a particular talent to be able to continue a series so long and keep it fresh enough to remain enjoyable.

Certainly does, though I never got into Weber's writing.

Forum List

Back