End of Fox News as we know it?

How Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes Failed at Setting Up a Strong Republican Candidate for 2012 -- New York Magazine

The circus Roger Ailes created at Fox News made his network $900 million last year. But it may have lost him something more important: the next election.

Ailes is the most successful executive in television by a wide margin, and he has been so for more than a decade. He is also, in a sense, the head of the Republican Party.....

I stopped right there :rolleyes:

This has legs! Fox is TOAST!!

:lol:

Fox isn't toast.

But I agree they will change. It's inevitable if they wish to remain profitable and at the head of the ratings game.

Follow your audience. Media 101.

As long as FOX refuses to drool over the president or describe a tingle up their leg when he appears, the left wingnuts will complain about the only fair and balanced news source on cable. You can't please the left with anything but suicide. Here's an example of fair and balanced. Chris Wallace is so concerned with his non partisan image that he has left wing commentator Juan Williams help him grill a republican guest. The left hates Juan Williams for joining FOX but believe me he is a partisan left winger. What do you get on NPR? Communists?

Hey, I'm NOT an Obama lover and I have absolutely no plans for voting for the guy. Just thought I'd get that out of the way.
If any of you Fox News apologist would admit that Fox News has never come close to treating Obama the way they treated Bush, I would fall off my chair. Even after the obvious aftermath results of Bush's policies, Fox News still treats "W" with kid gloves.
There has been no consistency at all between the treatment of both presidents. Who in the hell do they think they are,,,,MSNBC?

Obama keeps wanting to raise gas prices, raise taxes, and stick it to da man.

That is as far as you can get from being a great human being.

Conservatives want leaders who are also supportive of America, the founders, the Bill of Rights, and are fiscally accountable to the American people.

Obama keeps going back to his liberal files for wisdom. It just isn't there.

I hope when the next vote rolls around, the American people send a message about how angry they are over getting lip service, but not much satisfaction. Nobody is proud of bankruptcy.

Obama has problems none of the rest of us can fix. I don't want to hurt Obama for any reason, but I want him out of that office. He's used American allies for his punching bag when his cronies want to punish someone, and that is neither the mark of a great man.

We can't fix Obama.

We can vote him out of office, however, and I hope by this time in 2013 his policies of high taxation and punitive measures against the oil and gas energy end.

We're sick of empty rhetoric, high gas prices, flambuoyant healthcare white papers in place of legislation with instructions from idiots not to read, just to pass the sicko piece of crap that Obama care was. That woman is Nancy Pelosi, and the only way to get around her while Californians in her district slime the country with her goop, is to elect a 90% conservative Congress that won't allow bad bills on the docket, much less pass such insulting gobbledygook that had so many viruses it threatens to shut down America and make us all wards of the state, and a pretty vicious state at that.

In fact, this country needs conservatives on a long term basis to prevent the criminality that surrounds the liberals willing to cheat their antiAmericanism into law.

If Fox News goes any further to the left, I hope a good conservative Republican does start a competitive News Channel that pays attention to vote fraud, defining when life begins, and holds the flame to the feet of those foisting Communism as a way of life on the American people.

Commentators on Fox News who take their eyes of the frauds being perpetuated against Americans will hopefully retire soon, and someone will take their place who are ever-vigilant, no-nonsense people who tell the truth and warn voters against those spoonfeeding schoolchildren anti-American barf.

I rest my case

Any more evidence needed that Fox News needs to change?

Sorry but Fox rules cable news and Bill O. in particular. :)***
By Paul Bedard
Posted May 20, 2011 03:03 PM ET

In a stunning rejection of network news and nightly news anchors, cable news, driven by the Fox News Channel and mouthy Bill O'Reilly, is now the top most trusted source—by a mile.In a new poll from Boston's Suffolk University, more than a quarter of the nation says Fox is tops when it comes to who they trust the most and O'Reilly is the most believable.

"This poll shows two things: first, the network news have completely lost their brand. Second, the only network with any intensity is Fox News," says Brent Bozell, president of the conservative Media Research Center. "Bottom line: the more they attack Fox, the stronger it is getting," he adds.

much more: Poll: Fox, O'Reilly Most Trusted News Sources - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Fox isn't toast.

But I agree they will change. It's inevitable if they wish to remain profitable and at the head of the ratings game.

Follow your audience. Media 101.

If they wish to remain profitable and at the head of the ratings game, they don't need to change a bit.

So their lineup will remain stagnant?

That is what I was talking about.
Ahhh. Okay, sure, they can fiddle with the details. But the kind of change the OP is talking about?

Never happen. We already have one MSDNC. We don't need another.

In a new poll from Boston's Suffolk University, more than a quarter of the nation says Fox is tops when it comes to who they trust the most and O'Reilly is the most believable.

"This poll shows two things: first, the network news have completely lost their brand. Second, the only network with any intensity is Fox News," says Brent Bozell, president of the conservative Media Research Center. "Bottom line: the more they attack Fox, the stronger it is getting," he adds.

SNIP:

But of the top 10 most trusted new sources, O'Reilly is king, at 9 percent. CNN's Anderson Cooper followed at 6 percent, Fox's Mike Huckabee at 4 percent, Fox's Sean Hannity at 4 percent, Wolf Blitzer was sixth at 3 percent, followed by MSNBC's Chris Matthews at 3 percent, NBC newsman Tom Brokaw at 3 percent, CBS anchor Katie Couric at 3 percent and ABC's Diane Sawyer at 3 percent.

Poll: Fox, O'Reilly Most Trusted News Sources - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Last edited:
In a new poll from Boston's Suffolk University, more than a quarter of the nation says Fox is tops when it comes to who they trust the most and O'Reilly is the most believable.

SNIP:

But of the top 10 most trusted new sources, O'Reilly is king, at 9 percent. CNN's Anderson Cooper followed at 6 percent, Fox's Mike Huckabee at 4 percent, Fox's Sean Hannity at 4 percent, Wolf Blitzer was sixth at 3 percent, followed by MSNBC's Chris Matthews at 3 percent, NBC newsman Tom Brokaw at 3 percent, CBS anchor Katie Couric at 3 percent and ABC's Diane Sawyer at 3 percent.

Poll: Fox, O'Reilly Most Trusted News Sources - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)
Watch for more calls for the Fairness Doctrine to be brought back.

But from the moment of Obama’s inauguration, Fox went on the offensive. Its pundits pushed stories including tales of voter intimidation by the New Black Panther Party, ACORN fraud, Obama’s czars, and Obama’s rumored $200 million–per–day trip to India. As the summer of 2009 unfolded, with tea-party anger over the stimulus and health care ratcheting up, Fox and the White House went to war. In June 2009, Obama gave an interview to CNBC’s John Harwood and lashed out. “I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration,” he said. “That’s a pretty big megaphone. You’d be hard-pressed, if you watched the entire day, to find a positive story about me on that front.”

I thank God there is one network that doesn't kiss Obama's ASS...
And the Left doesn't like the fact there is that one network that stands up to this administration.

Thanks FOX.....:clap2:

SNIP:

Is there really a school called Suffolk University?

Do the kids run around in sweatshirts with "Suffolk U" on it?

Last edited:
OH Boy! Fox News is Number 1!
As I have continuously pointed out, just because something is popular doesn't mean there is quality.
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Don't Worry, Be Happy
National Enquirer
Twinkies
Jersey Shores
Tiny Tim
Hot Dogs

Do you see what I mean?
Those who are screaming about how big Fox News audience is, are using the weakest argument of them all.

As long as FOX refuses to drool over the president or describe a tingle up their leg when he appears, the left wingnuts will complain about the only fair and balanced news source on cable. You can't please the left with anything but suicide. Here's an example of fair and balanced. Chris Wallace is so concerned with his non partisan image that he has left wing commentator Juan Williams help him grill a republican guest. The left hates Juan Williams for joining FOX but believe me he is a partisan left winger. What do you get on NPR? Communists?

Hey, I'm NOT an Obama lover and I have absolutely no plans for voting for the guy. Just thought I'd get that out of the way.
If any of you Fox News apologist would admit that Fox News has never come close to treating Obama the way they treated Bush, I would fall off my chair. Even after the obvious aftermath results of Bush's policies, Fox News still treats "W" with kid gloves.
There has been no consistency at all between the treatment of both presidents. Who in the hell do they think they are,,,,MSNBC?

Obama keeps wanting to raise gas prices, raise taxes, and stick it to da man.

That is as far as you can get from being a great human being.

Conservatives want leaders who are also supportive of America, the founders, the Bill of Rights, and are fiscally accountable to the American people.

Obama keeps going back to his liberal files for wisdom. It just isn't there.

I hope when the next vote rolls around, the American people send a message about how angry they are over getting lip service, but not much satisfaction. Nobody is proud of bankruptcy.

Obama has problems none of the rest of us can fix. I don't want to hurt Obama for any reason, but I want him out of that office. He's used American allies for his punching bag when his cronies want to punish someone, and that is neither the mark of a great man.

We can't fix Obama.

We can vote him out of office, however, and I hope by this time in 2013 his policies of high taxation and punitive measures against the oil and gas energy end.

We're sick of empty rhetoric, high gas prices, flambuoyant healthcare white papers in place of legislation with instructions from idiots not to read, just to pass the sicko piece of crap that Obama care was. That woman is Nancy Pelosi, and the only way to get around her while Californians in her district slime the country with her goop, is to elect a 90% conservative Congress that won't allow bad bills on the docket, much less pass such insulting gobbledygook that had so many viruses it threatens to shut down America and make us all wards of the state, and a pretty vicious state at that.

In fact, this country needs conservatives on a long term basis to prevent the criminality that surrounds the liberals willing to cheat their antiAmericanism into law.

If Fox News goes any further to the left, I hope a good conservative Republican does start a competitive News Channel that pays attention to vote fraud, defining when life begins, and holds the flame to the feet of those foisting Communism as a way of life on the American people.

Commentators on Fox News who take their eyes of the frauds being perpetuated against Americans will hopefully retire soon, and someone will take their place who are ever-vigilant, no-nonsense people who tell the truth and warn voters against those spoonfeeding schoolchildren anti-American barf.

You might want to review the Republican agenda.

Republicans FOR civil rights? Hilarious.

Supportive of the American people? Yea, if you are a billionaire.

I love you guys. You believe your own swill. Good we know the "truth".

OH Boy! Fox News is Number 1!
As I have continuously pointed out, just because something is popular doesn't mean there is quality.
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Don't Worry, Be Happy
National Enquirer
Twinkies
Jersey Shores
Tiny Tim
Hot Dogs

Do you see what I mean?
Those who are screaming about how big Fox News audience is, are using the weakest argument of them all.
You sound bitter that left-dominated media ratings suck. :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

SNIP:

Is there really a school called Suffolk University?

Do the kids run around in sweatshirts with "Suffolk U" on it?

Remember when you went to Sam Houston Institute of Technology? :lol:

If Fox News is to become a real news channel, they're going to have to change their line up otherwise they will remain an outlet for right wing commentary.

Yeah, just like the rest of the networks will remain such a bastion of left-wing views (like they have for the last fifty years) that they should use a hammer and sickle as their brand emblem! Fox is about the only news that isn't pro-liberal and pro-democrat all the way from the surface to the core. I suppose next, you'll try to sell Matthews and Olbermann as "moderates"? How about Rachel Maddow? Real unbiased, that one!. The problem you people have, is that you can't stand for anyone on the political right to have a voice of any kind; you want a media controlled by the Left! Typical democrat, statist, elitist, liberal nonsense! Personally, I like ANYTHING that sticks in the craw of democrats, period. YOur side of the political spectrum started the whole business of confusing editorial opinion with reporting news in the first place; what's the matter, can't take what your side dishes out?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Media Matters is threatening advertisers who do business with FOX..........Orbitz put out a statement basically telling MM to stick it.

And now that O'Reilly exposed it this evening, many more will no doubt follow suit.

You go FOX!.......NEVER tow the liberal PC line.......If Obama steps on his dick, as he constantly does, report it!

Forum List

Back