End of Fox News as we know it?

Fox News is the big leader in news because they're NOT a lock step, liberal mouth piece. If Fox News ever did become another lock step, liberal mouth piece, their ratings would tank to the same crappy levels as the other lock step, liberal mouth pieces. That would also leave a huge door open for another enterprising individual or company to come along and simply follow Fox News' old formula of "fair and balanced" and cash in on the void left by Fox News turning liberal.

No, dems, sorry... but you will NEVER totally eliminate the conservative voice. People want to hear the TRUTH, and they KNOW they're not going to get the truth, the whole truth, and only the truth from all the lock step, liberal mouth piece, lame stream media outlets, so there is always going to be a LARGE market open for anyone that is willing to simply report the news without the liberal bias. That's what the VAST MAJORITY wants to hear.

I had no idea Fox presented 'News,' I must have missed that segment, was it on recently?

In a new poll from Boston's Suffolk University, more than a quarter of the nation says Fox is tops when it comes to who they trust the most and O'Reilly is the most believable.

"This poll shows two things: first, the network news have completely lost their brand. Second, the only network with any intensity is Fox News," says Brent Bozell, president of the conservative Media Research Center. "Bottom line: the more they attack Fox, the stronger it is getting," he adds.

SNIP:

But of the top 10 most trusted new sources, O'Reilly is king, at 9 percent. CNN's Anderson Cooper followed at 6 percent, Fox's Mike Huckabee at 4 percent, Fox's Sean Hannity at 4 percent, Wolf Blitzer was sixth at 3 percent, followed by MSNBC's Chris Matthews at 3 percent, NBC newsman Tom Brokaw at 3 percent, CBS anchor Katie Couric at 3 percent and ABC's Diane Sawyer at 3 percent.

Poll: Fox, O'Reilly Most Trusted News Sources - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Is there really a school called Suffolk University?

Do the kids run around in sweatshirts with "Suffolk U" on it?

Remember when you went to Sam Houston Institute of Technology? :lol:

Love it....

Gimme an S..........Gimme an H......Gimme an I......Gimme a T

Whats that spell? whats that spell?

Looks like Fox will gradually move towards the right center by giving larger roles to Shep Smith and Britt Hume

Look for Hannity to be the next big name ejected and O'Reilly to moderate his rhetoric

Chris Wallace has show quite a bit of growth as a journalist as well.

In a new poll from Boston's Suffolk University, more than a quarter of the nation says Fox is tops when it comes to who they trust the most and O'Reilly is the most believable.

"This poll shows two things: first, the network news have completely lost their brand. Second, the only network with any intensity is Fox News," says Brent Bozell, president of the conservative Media Research Center. "Bottom line: the more they attack Fox, the stronger it is getting," he adds.

SNIP:

But of the top 10 most trusted new sources, O'Reilly is king, at 9 percent. CNN's Anderson Cooper followed at 6 percent, Fox's Mike Huckabee at 4 percent, Fox's Sean Hannity at 4 percent, Wolf Blitzer was sixth at 3 percent, followed by MSNBC's Chris Matthews at 3 percent, NBC newsman Tom Brokaw at 3 percent, CBS anchor Katie Couric at 3 percent and ABC's Diane Sawyer at 3 percent.

Poll: Fox, O'Reilly Most Trusted News Sources - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

There is your magical 25% again. You find them in every poll

It is the same 25% who thought George Bush was doing a great job till the very end
It is the same 25% who think Sarah Palin would make a great President
It is the same 25% who are avid Tea party members

It shows you that Fox is doing a great job convincing people that they are "fair and balanced"

Fox News is NOT the most trusted news, PBS is the most trusted.

Our Second Annual TV News Trust Poll
PPP's annual look at the public's trust in various TV news outlets finds that Fox News' credibility is on the decline, that the traditional networks are seeing an up tick in their numbers, and that PBS is at the top of the heap.

Public Policy Polling: Our Second Annual TV News Trust Poll

So there we have it, PBS is first, followed by NBC, CNN and then Fox.

Also, exactly what awards has Fox News won for it's journalism such as the Edward R Murrow or Peabody?

No wonder the conservatives want to stop all funding for PBS.

Again quantity in viewership doesn't mean quality.

Last edited:
OH Boy! Fox News is Number 1!
As I have continuously pointed out, just because something is popular doesn't mean there is quality.
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Don't Worry, Be Happy
National Enquirer
Twinkies
Jersey Shores
Tiny Tim
Hot Dogs

Do you see what I mean?
Those who are screaming about how big Fox News audience is, are using the weakest argument of them all.
You sound bitter that left-dominated media ratings suck. :lol:

Considering that I don't watch either MSNBC or Fox News shows that I don't need news that appeals to any ideologoy, means I want raw news, not something tailored to weaken my thinking process. I'd rather exercise my brain to actually think for myself. What a concept!!!!

PPP's annual look at the public's trust in various TV news outlets finds that Fox News' credibility is on the decline, that the traditional networks are seeing an up tick in their numbers, and that PBS is at the top of the heap.

Also, exactly what awards has Fox News won for it's journalism such as the Edward R Murrow or Peabody?

Hmmmm seems like Public Policy Polling might have a conflict of interest:

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is an American Democratic Party-affiliated polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Public Policy Polling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ooops

As I have continuously pointed out, just because something is popular doesn't mean there is quality.
American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Don't Worry, Be Happy
National Enquirer
Twinkies
Jersey Shores
Tiny Tim
Hot Dogs

Do you see what I mean?
Those who are screaming about how big Fox News audience is, are using the weakest argument of them all.

Considering that I don't watch either MSNBC or Fox News shows that I don't need news that appeals to any ideologoy, means I want raw news, not something tailored to weaken my thinking process. I'd rather exercise my brain to actually think for myself. What a concept!!!!

There is no such thing as raw news any longer when dealing with politics.

American Idol
Dancing with the Stars
Don't Worry, Be Happy
National Enquirer
Twinkies
Jersey Shores
Tiny Tim
Hot Dogs

Do you see what I mean?

Yeah. Isn't it funny, then, that your diatribe is against just Fox News and not all corporate media?

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is an American Democratic Party-affiliated polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Ooops
I'm sure they can be trusted to be accurate and not push an agenda.

Yeah, I couldn't type that with a straight face. :lol:

Ooops

That showed true last year when Fox News won the top spot last, right?

Ooops

Ooops is right.

One has to wonder why one lone RIGHT leaning news organization draws so much fire from so many??

After all FOX is one among many. Oh wait. I forgot. All the rest lean LEFT.

FOX must have em all surrounded.

Ooops

That showed true last year when Fox News won the top spot last, right?

It's a campaign year, Kiwi. All things will get distorted this year and next year with the media.

Ooops

Ooops is right.

One has to wonder why one lone RIGHT leaning news organization draws so much fire from so many??

As far as I'm concerned MSNBC is in the same boat as Fox News as far as skewing the news towards their target audiences ideology and having totally one-sided commentary shows. I can't stand either network. Personally, I think both networks suck the Big One and I'm disappointed that so many people are so weak minded that they MUST only watch filtered news that presents news that appeals to the way they want the news. Whatever happened to unfiltered raw news? I guess a fantasy world is more appealing to people.
Now if it bothers you so much that there are threads on Fox News, why not start one on MSNBC?

"I forgot. All the rest lean LEFT." Only in the minds of the far right because that's what they have been told by whom? Fox News and their ongoing battle with MSM. In other words if a news source is centered, it's too far to the left of Fox News and too far to the right of MSNBC, therefore they MUST be biased.

Last edited:

Ooops

Ooops is right.

As far as I'm concerned MSNBC is in the same boat as Fox News as far as skewing the news towards their target audiences ideology and having totally one-sided commentary shows. I can't stand either network. Personally, I think both networks suck the Big One and I'm disappointed that so many people are so weak minded that they MUST only watch filtered news that presents news that appeals to the way they want the news. Whatever happened to unfiltered raw news? I guess a fantasy world is more appealing to people.
Now if it bothers you so much that there are threads on Fox News, why not start one on MSNBC?

"I forgot. All the rest lean LEFT." Only in the minds of the far right because that's what they have been told by whom? Fox News and their ongoing battle with MSM. In other words if a news source is centered, it's too far to the left of Fox News and too far to the right of MSNBC, therefore they MUST be biased.

UCLA is not a conservative school.

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist
"I suspected that many media outlets would tilt to the left because surveys have shown that reporters tend to vote more Democrat than Republican," said Tim Groseclose, a UCLA political scientist and the study's lead author. "But I was surprised at just how pronounced the distinctions are."
Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

New Topics

Forum List

Back