"EMERGENCY" Stimulus Passes on Friday.... Obama signs it 4 days later????

and bobby buys it hook, line, and sinker

Actually no, but believe that lie so you can make yourself look better.

I have my doubts just as much as anyone. But to just merely swat the idea and say it's impossible is ignorant.

Many of us thought it would be impossible for the son of a poor single mother to rise above many obstacles to become President; Obama proved them wrong.

Many thought it would be impossible for a man to move millions in order to follow his every order, eventually killing over ten million of his fellow human beings in genocide alone. However, Hitler proved us wrong.

Many thought not even 30 years ago that the idea of China becoming a Superpower was impossible and laughable at best. Now China holds more and more of American interests while America crumbles.

Many thought that Man would never step foot on the moon. Yet JFK called upon America and NASA to do such a thing; and NASA did in less then 10 years by 1969.

My point is, what may sound impossible today; is the reality tomorrow many times.

China will hold a lot more American interests after Obama is finished with these "stimuli"

China will hold a lot more American interests after Obama is finished with these "stimuli"

As I said before, we haven't even felt the full effect of the Bush Administration yet. Where do you think all that money for Iraq and Afghanistan came from? The sky?

The bill authorizes the government to do something. The government has been shut down for three days - Saturday, Sunday and Monday (President's Day is a Federal Holiday - Banks are shut, courts are shut, congress and the Supreme Court are adjourned). Whether Obama signed the bill on Saturday, Sunday, Monday or Tuesday is irrelevant - nothing can go into effect until Tuesday when the government re-opens.

Someone compared this to Katrina where people were dying because of government inaction due to a storm. If Bush had acted ASAP to grant emergency help to New Orleans, far less people would have died.

This whole process of giving aid to states for infrastructure, lowering taxes for the middle class and so on is going to take months to happen. There's nothing Obama can do to make the money move any faster. Shovel ready projects won't begin until summertime. But that's why Obama had Congress push this bill through so they would have jobs in time for Summer, which will give more people more money to spend come this holiday season which will save jobs in the retail sector. Jobs saved in the retail sector spreads throughout the entire economy and hopefully by summertime next year, we'll be out of this recession.

Chris, this bill had nothing to do with banks or the rich.

Also Obama is unveiling a new, $100 billion program to help people with delinquint mortgages re-finance the monthly payments on their home to be 33% of their monthly income. If we stop foreclosures, we'll stablize the housing market which is the cause of this whole mess. Yeah, it sucks - people made stupid choices, they didn't read the fine print on their mortgage application and there were a lot of shady sub-prime lenders. But if we keep this whole "don't rescue the housing market" attitude like so many conservatives have had in the past year or so, we're not going to get out of this recession. Just bend over and take it so by 2010 we're out of this recession.

How does the ripple effect take?

What do you mean? You mean at the end of the day when we finally leave both countries and the debt is tallying up? It's going to be quite ugly.

As I said before, if America is not back on her feet and running by the time China becomes an independent superpower not reliant on America's products; then America is screwed when China comes calling for debt payment.

Though when they come to break America's kneecaps, I wonder which states that means.

As I said before, we haven't even felt the full effect of the Bush Administration yet. Where do you think all that money for Iraq and Afghanistan came from? The sky?

The Iraq War has only cost us $600 billion. That's chump change compared to what we've spent in the past year. The war in Afghanistan is a necessity and Obama will be increasing troops there. Iraq should end sooner than later, but apparently the generals know something more than we do to have made Obama re-consider his 16-month withdrawl proposal. Maybe there really IS something going in Iraq connected to Al Queda and terrorism... something Obama wasn't privvy to during his status as a United States Senator.

The Iraq War has only cost us $600 billion. That's chump change compared to what we've spent in the past year. The war in Afghanistan is a necessity and Obama will be increasing troops there. Iraq should end sooner than later, but apparently the generals know something more than we do to have made Obama re-consider his 16-month withdrawl proposal. Maybe there really IS something going in Iraq connected to Al Queda and terrorism... something Obama wasn't privvy to during his status as a United States Senator.

Only $600 billion huh David? :cuckoo:

I do hope you realize that the entire $750 billion has not been spent yet. And furthermore, Al-Qaeda does have bases in Iraq now but it's because WE ARE THERE.

They didn't have them before the Iraq War in 2003, that's for sure.

How does the ripple effect take?

What do you mean? You mean at the end of the day when we finally leave both countries and the debt is tallying up? It's going to be quite ugly.

As I said before, if America is not back on her feet and running by the time China becomes an independent superpower not reliant on America's products; then America is screwed when China comes calling for debt payment.

Though when they come to break America's kneecaps, I wonder which states that means.

If it came to that, it wouldn't mean states, it would mean war. :eek:

During the trasition, Obama's demeanor changed DRASTICALLY. which is frightening, actually.

so, if Bush burnt it further, why do you think Obama puoring gas on the fire will put it out

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The thing is, he isn't pouring gas on the fire.
hes doing the exact same stupid shit
if you werent such a partisan hack you would see it
what Bush did at the end of his term was a mistake
just as this one is
but you cant see that because you are smitten

Well that too, but China doesn't want that. Too many countries would be going after China if America damaged it enough.

America is still the military superpower of the world and will most likely be for a very long time as all other countries are far and behind. We are no longer the economic superpower we were once though.

Suggested Reading: How to Make War by James F. Dunnigan.

A great portion of military future however is in cyber terrorism. China easily has the advantage on that one though, and Obama needs to make strides in catching up.

Cyber terrorism would cripple the U.S. if ever fully implemented against us. I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of untold damage that could be taken against us.

so, if Bush burnt it further, why do you think Obama puoring gas on the fire will put it out

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The thing is, he isn't pouring gas on the fire.
just as this one is

It is just going to take a while for people to come out of the euphoria of not having Bush anymore, the first African american president, an eloquent president, etc.

sooner or later, and I think sooner, the American people are going to see Obama for what he really is and hold him accountable.

During the trasition, Obama's demeanor changed DRASTICALLY. which is frightening, actually.

It means two things:

1.) Things have gotten alot worse then what he originally knew.

2.) We as American citizens don't even know the half of the shit going/gone wrong with this country.

Well that too, but China doesn't want that. Too many countries would be going after China if America damaged it enough.

America is still the military superpower of the world and will most likely be for a very long time as all other countries are far and behind. We are no longer the economic superpower we were once though.

Suggested Reading: How to Make War by James F. Dunnigan.

A great portion of military future however is in cyber terrorism. China easily has the advantage on that one though, and Obama needs to make strides in catching up.

Cyber terrorism would cripple the U.S. if ever fully implemented against us. I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of untold damage that could be taken against us.

I'll make a note of that book. but it has to sit behind "The Nazi rise to power", hitler's army, The racial state, and I still have to read the communist manifesto because I lost a bet regarding the election. Fucking Obama!!:lol:

just as this one is

Again, call me a partisan hack if it makes you sleep better at night but doesn't make it true.

I'm not smitten with Obama and have a few problems with a couple things he has done so far.

However, looking back at the past eight years and the election; I'm glad he's in charge.

I wouldn't trust Bush/Cheney ever, they screwed up this country enough.

I wouldn't trust McCain/Palin, and I thank God everyday her ass isn't near the White House.

I wouldn't trust Pelosi or Reid to be running the show, hell I don't trust them to take out my garbage.

Whether you think it's sad or not; Obama is the best choice we currently have to man the ship. Unless you have a better alternative?

And don't even name the GOP at this point. They are fucking useless and crying in the corner with their toys because they don't want to play because they got spanked in this last election by the American people. They want Obama to fail for 2010 so they can take back Congress and 2012 to take back the White House. Which is one reason I despise political parties in general.

Last edited:
just as this one is

Again, call me a partisan hack if it makes you sleep better at night but doesn't make it true.

I'm not smitten with Obama and have a few problems with a couple things he has done so far.

However, looking back at the past eight years and the election; I'm glad he's in charge.

I wouldn't trust Bush/Cheney ever, they screwed up this country enough.

I wouldn't trust McCain/Palin, and I thank God everyday her ass isn't near the White House.

I wouldn't trust Pelosi or Reid to be running the show, hell I don't trust them to take out my garbage.

Whether you think it's sad or not; Obama is the best choice we currently have to man the ship. Unless you have a better alternative?

And don't even name the GOP at this point. They are fucking useless and crying in the corner with their toys because they don't want to play because they got spanked in this last election by the American people. They want Obama to fail for 2010 so they can take back Congress and 2012 to take back the White House. Which is one reason I despise political parties in general.

something is wrong. I didn't say that. that is dive's post.

I'll make a note of that book. but it has to sit behind "The Nazi rise to power", hitler's army, The racial state, and I still have to read the communist manifesto because I lost a bet regarding the election. Fucking Obama!!:lol:

:lol: Communist Manifesto huh

Well if it makes you feel better, Jesus was a commie. :rofl:

It means two things:

1.) Things have gotten alot worse then what he originally knew.

2.) We as American citizens don't even know the half of the shit going/gone wrong with this country.
or maybe Obama had no fucking clue what was really happening because of national security

Forum List

Back