Don't worry. God and Chris Brown will work it all out

bobbymcgill

Aug 23, 2008
Accused woman beater, Chris Brown, is going through the motions. Motions that are as American as apple pie and enormous debt.

Brown is now member to the ever expanding group of public figures who over the years have been shunned for moronic behavior, and tried to rectify it by trotting out their friends and family for the press, shedding a few tears, and finding God.

And a good PR firm.

Brown, hired a public relations company that specializes in crisis management to issue a five-sentence statement of contrition in which he expressed regret, while claiming that many media and blog reports have been wrong about him. (Surely not mine)

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person."

The statement went on: "Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong. While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writings under my name are frauds."

It is not surprising that Brown hired someone to craft his apology. He doesn't write his own songs, I guess he can't be expected to write his own apologies.

What he (or his PR firm) neglects to say is, "I screwed up," or anything remotely close to an admission of wrongdoing. God could not be reached for comment.

I am curious though. Does this new deal he has with God mean that Chris Brown will stop singing songs that promote the degradation of women? Will he donate his sizable wealth to charity? Not likely.

As Hip Hop historian, Dave "Davey D" Cook wrote, this whole mess will fade all too soon from America’s short-term collective memory.

"Chris Brown is a hot commodity making money in a crumbling industry that celebrates abusive culture, i.e. pimping. He’ll be protected and held up to high esteem just like Ike Turner, Dr. Dre and Big Pun and numerous other artists and entertainers accused of domestic violence."

Do the crime, pay your fine, shed a few tears, find God and move on. True Americana.

Idle Wordship

First Bobby Brown, Then Chris Brown, who is next, Charlie Brown?

GangstaCharlieBrown.png

Forum List

Back