"EMERGENCY" Stimulus Passes on Friday.... Obama signs it 4 days later????

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KMAN, Feb 16, 2009.

1. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Must have been a real emergency... This is just more proof that the Dems wanted to rush this thing vote so nobody would have a chance to read it... Some transparency...

WHAT'S THE RUSH? - New York Post

2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    We are informed that things are so bad that failure to pass this legislation will be disasterous for the economy

That might be true.

But that suggests that we also do not REALLY know how bad things really are, too, doesn't it?

Now if you ask the question: Are our banks insolvent?

Their answer is "NO, don't be concerned...you are protected by FDIC."

That's not really very comforting. That means that banks are depending on the taxpayers to recover the taxpayers money from banks which really can't cover the deposits, doesn't it?

So things are either VERY BAD, and this bailout is their best plan to fix it the mess that they've made of our economy..

OR..

Things are not so very bad, and this bailout is just an excuse to make some insiders very wealthy.

Personally, given the fact that BUSH II was persuaded to change the game of supply side capitalism to the game of Kensyian capitalism, I SUSPECT that the economy is in fact, much more untenable than we're being lead to believe.

The government is up on a titerope.

On one hand it doesn't want to create a panic, but on the other it needs to convince us to spend a couple TRILLION dollars to keep the system going.

You cannot have it both ways.

Things are either so bad that they've got to change the rules, or they're not.

And if we're about the business of changing the rules, then by all means let's ALSO change the fundamentals which caused this failure of our system to begin with.

But they don't WANT to change THOSE fundamentals, because those fundamentals are what make the stupidly wealthy elites so stupidly wealthy to begin with.

Basically they went from merely extremely wealthy to obscenely wealthy by abandoning the working class and investing in industrial growth in other nations.

NOW, thanks to that stupid move, the American people are too broke to keep the consumer drven economy going.

It isn't like we weren't warned this would inevitably happen, ya' know. Remember: "That great sucking sound" ?

And yet I still hear nothing about changing that fundamental flaws in our systemwhich gave capital every advantage at the expense of the working classes.

And if you look at who is getting the lions share of this bailout money, we see it going to whom?

To CAPITAL, of course.

Per usual, I hope I'm wrong.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  3. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    editec, you are right.

Look who is getting bailed out.....the bankers.

Millions of homeowners are going into foreclosure and nothing is going to help them, yet.

4. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    That's almost as bad as Bush taking 3 days to react to Katrina.:cuckoo:

If he signed a bill on Saturday or Sunday.........................

More anti meaningless drivel from the K.:lol:

5. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    B.S.

As to transparency. If you can't read the bill or have it summarized for you in two weeks......How many times did the right just push a bill through when they were in charge and say fuck you dems?

Fucking hypocrisy from the losing right.

6. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    So you think it's ok for Democrats to pass a bill costing us nearly $800 billion with absolutely no chance to actually read it, so long as they do it in response to Republicans having done something similar?

I personally feel that if you don't have the time to read a bill entirely then it is your obligation to vote "No," whether you're a Democrat or a Republican. And I certainly don't want anyone playing party politics when it comes to nearly $800 billion.

7. Goodfella

Goodfella Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I was wondering about this over the weekend. Obama stated that it was imperative that we get this bill passed immediately. Now we wants to take 4 or 5 days before he signs it.

I really want this stimulus plan to work. I hope it fixes our economy. But if you don't think Congress shouldn't have had more time to understand what exactly is in this bill, then you are not sane (no offense). Passing it 2 weeks later would do much less damage than if this thing doesn't work.

8. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Damn GW. He should have been there filling sand bags to keep the levies from breaking. I'm so sick of hearing how Katrina was his fault. If you want to argue that he hired a moron to run FEMA and that they could have done more, you have a legitimate point. Whether GW was on the ground the day after or three days after makes no damn difference except as to perception.

9. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    same ole rayboy... just go spouting off at the mouth without providing any backup.... lol by the way bush wasn't trying to scare anyone into signing any bill regarding katrina... big difference... sorry you are not bright enough to see that.... do you even think about what you are saying before you type???? you are now officially in the jillian and booboo category...congrats.

10. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    By the way what are the odds that he has read the bill during his 3 day vacation??????