"EMERGENCY" Stimulus Passes on Friday.... Obama signs it 4 days later????

From what Rod heard today at the meeting. When the full package was delivered to the senators offices it contained 1,200 lbs of paper. There is no way they could have read it all before it was voted on.
that would be 1200 PAGES not lbs
;)
Thanks. Possibly the senator was a bit flustered after Rod got done speaking today. His office has effectively avoided us and kept us from speaking with him for some years at this point. Rod said he turned a bit pale today.

The bill was rushed through just like the Patriot Act. So much for transparency.

That it was rushed through like the Patriot Act.

I don't know what I find scarier.

That

or

The fact that most of the resident Republicans don't really give a damn about that fact. I find it odd that people somehow still find faith in any political party at all; never mind these two.

I agree with PR, he wanted to rush this through so that it could not be read and debated on. This is a scam that will cost a great deal of national treasure.

THAT is to be determined. Obama however is risking much of his political capital on this.

If he fails, he essentially knows he has a horrible shot at 2012.

If he succeeds, he'll be seen as a political genius and mastermind and seen as one of the best presidents in the past 100 years. Not only that, but this country will be well on it's way to being highly successful again.

I agree with PR, he wanted to rush this through so that it could not be read and debated on. This is a scam that will cost a great deal of national treasure.

THAT is to be determined. Obama however is risking much of his political capital on this.

If he succeeds, he'll be seen as a political genius and mastermind and seen as one of the best presidents in the past 100 years. Not only that, but this country will be well on it's way to being highly successful again.
its almost the same crap that Bush pushed through
so, if what Bush did was bad, how is this better?

Would it be correct to say that Obama is "out Bushing" Bush?

The bill was rushed through just like the Patriot Act. So much for transparency.

That it was rushed through like the Patriot Act.

I don't know what I find scarier.

That

or

The fact that most of the resident Republicans don't really give a damn about that fact. I find it odd that people somehow still find faith in any political party at all; never mind these two.
i guess you missed all the conservatives bitching about that back when it happened

Would it be correct to say that Obama is "out Bushing" Bush?
thats what it looks like to me
he's just doing more of the same

Obama plans on tracking every dollar, and it's going towards the American people/things America needs.

Bush gave billions to the banks UNREGULATED. Which is simply like pouring a wheelbarrow of money over and over into a never filled hole.

Obama plans on tracking every dollar, and it's going towards the American people/things America needs.

Bush gave billions to the banks UNREGULATED. Which is simply like pouring a wheelbarrow of money over and over into a never filled hole.
:rolleyes:
you actually believe that bullshit?

I'd like to see ANYONE track all 780 billion dollars. Obama's so full of shit.

At the moment, despite the several flaws in Obama's Administration; it is still leaps and bounds better then Bush.

So right now, I'll take Obama on his word and see if he does set up the website among other things.

I can tell you this though, Obama has talked more about regulation when it comes to these bailouts more then I ever see Bush did. Bush basically wrote Wall Street a blank check and said "Now, don't go spending that all in one place now" when they were suppose to spend it on fixing the house; they just further burnt it down.

and bobby buys it hook, line, and sinker

It's possible, it would take alot of people and work but it can be done.

If history has taught us anything Elvis, nothing is impossible.

At the moment, despite the several flaws in Obama's Administration; it is still leaps and bounds better then Bush.

So right now, I'll take Obama on his word and see if he does set up the website among other things.

I can tell you this though, Obama has talked more about regulation when it comes to these bailouts more then I ever see Bush did. Bush basically wrote Wall Street a blank check and said "Now, don't go spending that all in one place now" when they were suppose to spend it on fixing the house; they just further burnt it down.
so, if Bush burnt it further, why do you think Obama puoring gas on the fire will put it out

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

That's like taking Al Capone at his word.

and bobby buys it hook, line, and sinker

Actually no, but believe that lie so you can make yourself look better.

I have my doubts just as much as anyone. But to just merely swat the idea and say it's impossible is ignorant.

Many of us thought it would be impossible for the son of a poor single mother to rise above many obstacles to become President; Obama proved them wrong.

Many thought it would be impossible for a man to move millions in order to follow his every order, eventually killing over ten million of his fellow human beings in genocide alone. However, Hitler proved us wrong.

Many thought not even 30 years ago that the idea of China becoming a Superpower was impossible and laughable at best. Now China holds more and more of American interests while America crumbles.

Many thought that Man would never step foot on the moon. Yet JFK called upon America and NASA to do such a thing; and NASA did in less then 10 years by 1969.

My point is, what may sound impossible today; is the reality tomorrow many times.

Forum List

Back