Emanuel to Hillary Holdouts: "They're just going to stick to their knitting"

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Obams's New Chief of Staff from MSNBC:

Rep. Rahm Emanuel of Illinois, a Democratic House leader who helped orchestrate the party's strategy for winning control of Congress in 2006, argues against reading too much into the holdouts. He said most of them always stay out of national politics and that the party is generally unified around Obama.

"They're just going to stick to their knitting," he said. "It's not that they're anti-Obama."

See last paragraph of story here

That seems to be his pathetic modus operandi.

I find it amusing that he can't stfu for even one day.

but he'll put more people who think he's a crackpot on ignore. :clap2:

:lol:

He's like the Bush Administration.

Ignore any opposition, eventually their voices will no longer be heard in your head. :lol:

but he'll put more people who think he's a crackpot on ignore. :clap2:

Only one crackpot on ignore right now.

Surely you don't mind there being a loyal opposition?

Loyal Opposition and Blind Partisan hackery are two different things paperboy.

Making one simple thread and saying for a few hours that Obama is now the president so we should respect him while bashing him 99% of the time doesn't let you go around making such bullshit while not expecting to be called on it.

loyal to what? the idea of propaganda?

the man hasn't been sworn in yet. perhaps you wouldn't seem like such a partisan freak if you actually waited until he took some action you disagree with to begin your assault. Why engage in propaganda in advance? Are you afraid that he might actually be successful?

By george, I think I've got it!

The problem is that your party is now the party of only the right wing extremist evangelical christians. I think you'll find that people would like to have a president who isn't an embarrassment.

but he'll put more people who think he's a crackpot on ignore.
Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals:
"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Rule 5: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
It would have been better just to point out that the story is from June 12th. But you didn't bother to read it did you?
[/FONT]

Loyal Opposition and Blind Partisan hackery are two different things paperboy.

Making one simple thread and saying for a few hours that Obama is now the president so we should respect him while bashing him 99% of the time doesn't let you go around making such bullshit while not expecting to be called on it.

When Obama announces a policy I agree with I will support the policy.

Naming as your Chief of Staff an ultra partisan insider hardly seems to be go with the "change" mantra.

I applaud Obama for his historic victory. I think the symbolism of it is wonderful for the country. But that doesn't mean I agree with him on his stated economic positions. Why would his election change that for me?

If he does in fact follow through aggressively with his economic agenda he will likely follow in the footsteps of Carter. Just my opinion. We are still allowed to have opinions, aren't we Robert?

When Obama announces a policy I agree with I will support the policy.

Naming as your Chief of Staff an ultra partisan insider hardly seems to be go with the "change" mantra.

I applaud Obama for his historic victory. I think the symbolism of it is wonderful for the country. But that doesn't mean I agree with him on his stated economic positions. Why would his election change that for me?

If he does in fact follow through aggressively with his economic agenda he will likely follow in the footsteps of Carter. Just my opinion. We are still allowed to have opinions, aren't we Robert?

Stop acting like I'm trying to take away your opinion, I'm not.

And your not saying "I think" you're representing this as FACT.

You have a opinion, however don't expect me to sit idle by while you post partsian hackery bullshit.

Stop acting like I'm trying to take away your opinion, I'm not.

And your not saying "I think" you're representing this as FACT.

You have a opinion, however don't expect me to sit idle by while you post partsian hackery bullshit.

Robert,

I keep trying to take you seriously but it's tough. Your guy won and you post like he lost. Try posting without swearing or throwing bombs. It's seriously boring.

Robert,

I keep trying to take you seriously but it's tough. Your guy won and you post like he lost. Try posting without swearing or throwing bombs. It's seriously boring.

Without swearing? The best word to describe bullshit is BULLSHIT.

Simple concept Paperboy.

the man hasn't been sworn in yet. perhaps you wouldn't seem like such a partisan freak if you actually waited until he took some action you disagree with to begin your assault. Why engage in propaganda in advance? Are you afraid that he might actually be successful?

The problem is that your party is now the party of only the right wing extremist evangelical christians. I think you'll find that people would like to have a president who isn't an embarrassment.

Yawn.

Without swearing? The best word to describe bullshit is BULLSHIT.

Simple concept Paperboy.

Somehow I think the Obamas would prefer me as a guest at their family dinner table over you, Jillian and others who can't seem to utter a sentence without a swear word or personal insult involved.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Rep. Rahm Emanuel, a combative member of the Democratic congressional leadership, is in line to become President-elect Barack Obama's chief of staff, party sources said.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Rep. Rahm Emanuel, a combative member of the Democratic congressional leadership, is in line to become President-elect Barack Obama's chief of staff, party sources said.

"Rahm is one of the most partisan politicians in the country and a consummate Washington insider," said Kevin Smith, spokesman for House Republican Leader John Boehner.

"It would be an ironic and controversial choice, to say the least, for a presidential candidate running on a promise to change Washington," Smith said.

Emanuel would bring tough edge to White House job | Reuters

While this choice is not what I would call a choice that would unite anyone other than Democrats behind the new President-Elect, it does make sense. If the new President doen't want a congress to run roughshod with power over him , what is the best way to keep them from over-reaching? IMHO it would be to have a known insider with a reputation for knocking heads to keep them in check. This however is just and opinion.

Somehow I think the Obamas would prefer me as a guest at their family dinner table over you, Jillian and others who can't seem to utter a sentence without a swear word or personal insult involved.

Right, because the Obamas would prefer someone who has constantly bashed them while making BULLSHIT partisan hackery comments. :cuckoo:

I can utter a sentence without a swear word and have done such.

And I'm not sorry if MY OPINION doesn't jive with you paperboy.

Let me throw this question back to you.

Am I STILL ALLOWED TO HAVE A OPINION? :confused:

Hmm, I'm not an evangelical, nor am I 'right wing' in the way I think you mean. Yet if I hear you correctly, I shouldn't have a voice? Well I intend to, both with my representatives, neighbors, and in my party. Whether or not that's the Republican or a third party? Well that is their choice to make.

Right, because the Obamas would prefer someone who has constantly bashed them while making BULLSHIT partisan hackery comments. :cuckoo:

I can utter a sentence without a swear word and have done such.

And I'm not sorry if MY OPINION doesn't jive with you paperboy.

Let me throw this question back to you.

Am I STILL ALLOWED TO HAVE A OPINION? :confused:

Yawwwwwn.

Obams's New Chief of Staff from MSNBC:

See last paragraph of story here

.... is the idea here that knitting is a bad thing??? <puzzled>

If he had said they're just going to stick to their target practice, would that have been better?

What have you got against knitting?

Forum List

Back