Elizabeth Warren proposes canceling student loan debt and offering free public college

I wonder if any of the geniuses here have considered the possibility that this might be a good investment?

How is paying for college for some ungrateful millennial going to pay off for me?

If you want to go to college then you invest in yourself don't ask me to invest in your education unless you can guarantee me an actual return

I wonder if any of the geniuses here have considered the possibility that this might be a good investment?
Too many variables to make a good investment.

Well then.....you've clearly studied the matter and we can simply call it stupid to ensure that we have an educated populace which
doesn't have tremendous education loan debt. Silly me.
Those who are going to college now and racking up the debt are clearly there for a purpose.

Those (if you had your way) had free college, they could go a year or two
taking basket weaving and clay modeling getting c's and d's and drop out
in two years.....that's not a good investment. Let me dummy this down for you.
That WOULD not be fair for the taxpayers or our national debt.

How is paying for college for some ungrateful millennial going to pay off for me?

If you want to go to college then you invest in yourself don't ask me to invest in your education unless you can guarantee me an actual return
Winner!

Simple minds think alike.

Well then.....you've clearly studied the matter and we can simply call it stupid to ensure that we have an educated populace which
Those who are going to college now and racking up the debt are clearly there for a purpose.

Of course....you have absolutely dumbed it down.

So why don't you start a go fund me to get other people to pay for your kids' college?

Let's see hw many people actually want to pay for college for other peoples' kids

Of course....you have absolutely dumbed it down.
Great....then even you understand. (didn't know what it would take)

Now you're on to deflection and can't bring up an argument. typical

So why don't you start a go fund me to get other people to pay for your kids' college?

Let's see hw many people actually want to pay for college for other peoples' kids

Ohhhh! You stumped me with major simple!!

I'm not deflecting. I'm waiting for an intelligent comment.

I have, and I've concluded it's a terrible "investment". With the dysfunctional state of US politics, I don't want government making theses kinds of decisions for society.

It is all so simple!!

If you say so. But it seems too subtle for some.

The "free shit" approach to government is actually very insidious - especially when the political landscape is as fractured and contentious as ours. Government subsidies increase prices, which in turn increases the need for subsidies, which further justifies more subsidies. All of these subsidies lead to greater and greater dependence on government for our basic needs. Which means every four years our basic needs are subject to the whim of whichever populist nut job can con the most voters. No thanks.

It's so simple you can't answer the question I guess

What do I get for footing the bill for some other's person's kid to go to college?

You get what you give

Higher education like so many other industries in the US, is a scam. What has gone up higher in cost over these past few decades, than college tuition? Except for HC costs, the national debt, and the wealth of the transnational capitalist class, nothing has increased greater than college tuition.

Scams are UNFAIR! Time to terminate them.

Higher education like so many other industries in the US, is a scam. What has gone up higher in cost over these past few decades, than college tuition? Except for HC costs, the national debt, and the wealth of the transnational capitalist class, nothing has increased greater than college tuition.

Scams are UNFAIR! Time to terminate them.
If you want the cost of anything to go up all you have to do is convince everyone they need to buy that thing.

The truth is not everyone needs to go to college.

Sure cancel their debt so they don't have to pay back the money they borrowed.

Free my ass. We tax payers will be footing the bills.
The biggest impediment to college kids having the freedom to use what they have spent millions of dollars on (college tuition) is crushing tuition debt.

Imagine the explosion of talent if those kids were freed from that. Imagine the boost to the economy?

Why though when we could borrow another trillion for bombing brown people instead? That's what real nationalism is about, right?

No, it isn’t. It’s flat out irresponsible to pile on that kind of debt on top of the 22 trillion this country already owes. It’s mortgaging our future even more to win votes from idiots like you today.
They should investigate why college tuition is so high.
Are the students being ripped-off?
I think our education system has become largely a life support system for shitforbrains deadbeat academics who can't contribute anything worthwhile to society or hold down a real job. This is true from preschool right through our colleges and universities. They have become social engineers more concerned with their own survival than actually contributing anything of worth to society. It's time for a much needed overhaul of the whole shebang.

It's so simple you can't answer the question I guess

What do I get for footing the bill for some other's person's kid to go to college?

An educated populace with the skills needed for today's jobs and a greatly increased tax base far into the future.

That's what we all get for footing the bill for our fellow Americans to become highly educated and skilled.

Think beyond your simpleton schnozz, ya weirdo.

You get what you give

Incorrect.

Forum List

Back