Electors (R) TX, NOT Voting for Trump - Fox News

These electors are just the first of many who will regret their vote for this pigheaded tyrant. You stupid people made a very serious mistake. Just listen to what the people at Carrier and their union leaders are now saying about Trump. Trump is a vile, vicious despot and you fuckers own him.

In breaking news Chris Suprun of Dallas was found hanging from a Mesquite tree with a sign reading "traitor" on it. Police ruled the death obvious suicide.
that's what most electors that do not want to cast their vote for Trump, ARE AFRAID OF.......ending up dead....:eek:

As far as I know Texas requires electors to vote as the state did. They take a pledge to do so. Suprun is breaking his pledge to vote the will of the state.
Dear tinydancer according to this article, Texas does not mandate that. There are other states that fine Electors or replace them if they don't vote as the state voted.

It makes sense to me that the POINT of human Electors voting IS to check against some extreme case of fraud. If it were automatic we wouldn't need people, we'd just have a point system where the minute the candidate wins a majority of the state vote, the minute it's confirmed, then "automatically" the number of Electoral votes or points gets added to their score. We wouldn't need humans to vote. The point of that is to allow one more check.

So in case something goes wrong like in other countries how an oppressive dictator forces everyone to vote for them or die, if corruption that bad were to skew the votes by force, for example, the Electors could still check against that abuse.

No they signed a pledge to vote the will of the State. And I find it absolutely appalling that this elector has the arrogance to break his pledge.

He's a lying piece of garbage. Like Kasich. The person he is voting for.

And to think that electors can and should go against the will of the people is outrageous. Faithless to be sure.

Is the will of the people in any way like the popular vote? Sorry, can't have it both ways, trailer trash.
Why can't we have both the will of the people and will of the state? WaitingFor2020
If people already organize by parties, and that represents their collective will from precinct to state to national levels, why can't we use the party system and structure to set up representation for people to negotiate policy reforms with other parties at all levels?

Why can't that be a way of communication between people and govt that is more organized and streamlined than millions of people trying to communicate as individuals.

From a Texas relative: The Texas Republican Party has stated that if Suprun persists in his plan to not vote for Trump, they are going to replace him.

As far as I know Texas requires electors to vote as the state did. They take a pledge to do so. Suprun is breaking his pledge to vote the will of the state.
Dear tinydancer according to this article, Texas does not mandate that. There are other states that fine Electors or replace them if they don't vote as the state voted.

It makes sense to me that the POINT of human Electors voting IS to check against some extreme case of fraud. If it were automatic we wouldn't need people, we'd just have a point system where the minute the candidate wins a majority of the state vote, the minute it's confirmed, then "automatically" the number of Electoral votes or points gets added to their score. We wouldn't need humans to vote. The point of that is to allow one more check.

So in case something goes wrong like in other countries how an oppressive dictator forces everyone to vote for them or die, if corruption that bad were to skew the votes by force, for example, the Electors could still check against that abuse.

No they signed a pledge to vote the will of the State. And I find it absolutely appalling that this elector has the arrogance to break his pledge.

He's a lying piece of garbage. Like Kasich. The person he is voting for.

And to think that electors can and should go against the will of the people is outrageous. Faithless to be sure.

Is the will of the people in any way like the popular vote? Sorry, can't have it both ways, trailer trash.

The will of the people of that state douche bag.

In breaking news Chris Suprun of Dallas was found hanging from a Mesquite tree with a sign reading "traitor" on it. Police ruled the death obvious suicide.
that's what most electors that do not want to cast their vote for Trump, ARE AFRAID OF.......ending up dead....:eek:

No, that's a Cinton modus operandi
yeah yeah yeah, yadahdahdahdahdah....

so R electors who choose to vote their conscience and NOT vote for trump, are not in any risk of being shot or killed, or run out of town, huh?

No, that's a Cinton modus operandi
yeah yeah yeah, yadahdahdahdahdah....

so R electors who choose to vote their conscience and NOT vote for trump, are not in any risk of being shot or killed, or run out of town, huh?

He signed a pledge to vote for the will of the state. And he's breaking his pledge.

Texas Republican elector says he won't cast vote for Trump

One resigned, another isn't voting for Trump, because TX laws don't mandate but leave it free to Electors.

===========

AUSTIN, Texas – A Republican member of the Electoral College from Texas said Monday that he won't cast one of his state's 38 electoral votes for Donald Trump because "I am here to elect a president, not a king."

Dallas paramedic Chris Suprun previously indicated he would support Trump. But he now says the president-elect's postelection attacks on the First Amendment and the country's electoral process, as well as the billionaire businessman's continued promotion of his brand and business interests overseas, changed his mind.

Texas law doesn't mandate that electors vote according to the results of the state's presidential election, which Trump won by nine percentage points over Hillary Clinton. Suprun and the GOP's other electors signed pledges at the state Republican convention in Dallas this summer promising to vote for their party's nominee, but those aren't legally binding.

"I'm expecting backlash, but that has been par for the course this campaign. People are unhappy. They're angry. But I'm angry, too," said Suprun, who said that prior to changing his mind he had received hundreds of emails, letters and phone calls urging him not to support Trump.

Suprun said the Electoral College system "is fine as it currently exists." His problem is just with its winner.

"I was told if we elected Donald Trump he would transform his personality into being presidential. He isn't," Suprun said. "I wanted him to be presidential, but since the election he hasn't grown into our institution, he's attacked them. I am here to elect a president, not a king."

Another Texas Republican elector, Art Sisneros, resigned last week rather than vote for Trump. Electors will vote to replace Sisneros when they convene Dec. 19 in Austin and in state capitals across the country to vote for president.

Suprun said he was not resigning but also won't be voting for Hillary Clinton.

"I am not sure of who I will vote for, but would have to strongly consider someone like (Ohio Gov. John) Kasich who has both executive and legislative experience bringing people together," he said.

Suprun said he was waiting to see if other electors will revolt and rally behind a Trump alternative like Kasich.

"I'm looking for someone we can all unify behind," he said.

Yo, is Hillary trying to payoff these electors? She has the money from the Clinton Foundation to start buying them off?

"GTP"
View attachment 101119

I doubt Hillary could change any Republican elector's mind about supporting Trump--LOL. This one is on Trump.

I think a lot of Republicans & others that voted for Trump thought that others would be able to control him, or convince him to change his ways, and that has proved unsuccessful. In the last 3 weeks he has gone completely bizerk with his tweety fingers & mouth and has done a complete 180 degree turn against solid conservative principles.

1. Threatening American corporations with a 35% penalty tax.
2. Tariffs
3. Tweeting out a world wide message against an American corporation (Boeing) to cancel a contract with them, citing their planes are too expensive.
4. Tonight tweeting out another attack on an American citizen, who happens to be a union leader for steel workers, who politely stated that Trump was wrong on the amount of jobs that were saved in Indiana.
5. Today, going on the Today show, to complain about Saturday Night Live.

No President does these kinds of things.

This is not a conservative, or an emotionally stable President--this is insanity. Clearly Trump is not qualified to be President. But of course you knew that before you voted for him.

I don't blame them at all for questioning their electoral college votes.

Last edited:

One resigned, another isn't voting for Trump, because TX laws don't mandate but leave it free to Electors.

===========

AUSTIN, Texas – A Republican member of the Electoral College from Texas said Monday that he won't cast one of his state's 38 electoral votes for Donald Trump because "I am here to elect a president, not a king."

Dallas paramedic Chris Suprun previously indicated he would support Trump. But he now says the president-elect's postelection attacks on the First Amendment and the country's electoral process, as well as the billionaire businessman's continued promotion of his brand and business interests overseas, changed his mind.

Texas law doesn't mandate that electors vote according to the results of the state's presidential election, which Trump won by nine percentage points over Hillary Clinton. Suprun and the GOP's other electors signed pledges at the state Republican convention in Dallas this summer promising to vote for their party's nominee, but those aren't legally binding.

"I'm expecting backlash, but that has been par for the course this campaign. People are unhappy. They're angry. But I'm angry, too," said Suprun, who said that prior to changing his mind he had received hundreds of emails, letters and phone calls urging him not to support Trump.

Suprun said the Electoral College system "is fine as it currently exists." His problem is just with its winner.

"I was told if we elected Donald Trump he would transform his personality into being presidential. He isn't," Suprun said. "I wanted him to be presidential, but since the election he hasn't grown into our institution, he's attacked them. I am here to elect a president, not a king."

Another Texas Republican elector, Art Sisneros, resigned last week rather than vote for Trump. Electors will vote to replace Sisneros when they convene Dec. 19 in Austin and in state capitals across the country to vote for president.

"I am not sure of who I will vote for, but would have to strongly consider someone like (Ohio Gov. John) Kasich who has both executive and legislative experience bringing people together," he said.

Suprun said he was waiting to see if other electors will revolt and rally behind a Trump alternative like Kasich.

Yo, is Hillary trying to payoff these electors? She has the money from the Clinton Foundation to start buying them off?

"GTP"
View attachment 101119

I doubt Hillary could change any Republican elector's mind about supporting Trump--LOL. This one is on Trump. I think a lot of Republicans that voted for Trump thought that others would be able to control him, or convince him to change his ways, and that has proved unsuccessful. In the last 3 weeks he has gone completely bizerk with his tweety fingers & mouth and has done a complete 180 degree against solid conservative principles.

1. Threatening American corporations with a 35% penalty tax.
2. Tariffs
3. Tweeting a world wide message out against an American corporation (Boeing) to cancel a contract with them, citing their planes are too expensive.
4. Tonight tweeting out another attack on an American citizen, who happens to be a union leader for steel workers, who politely stated that Trump was wrong on the amount of jobs that were saved in Indiana.
5. Today, going on the Today show, to complain about Saturday Night Live.

This is not a President--who does these kinds of things.

This is not a conservative, or an emotionally stable President--this is insanity. I don't blame them at all for questioning their electoral college votes.
Dear oreo Where Trump uses or abuses his executive power of office, of course other people on left and right can take action to stop him.

Where he plays the celebrity card in the media, as long as he stays within the bounds of legal free speech he can speak for himself where the same rules apply to all people: no slander/libel defamation of character by false statements, no fraud or false advertising, no deceptive trade practice or misrepresentation, no criminal stalking abuse or harassment, etc.

Now when he's talking with heads of other countries in his official capacity, he should follow the protocol.

What I could see happening is forming coalitions around Trump and around the areas and issues we all need to address as a nation, not just him. Then connecting citizen groups across states and perhaps nations to work out business plans with each other, the same way Trump likes to deal directly with people one on one.

Why can't we all do the same, as individuals with ideas to share, or groups with whole projects or models for reform to offer to govt

===========

==================

Here's the guy I would still support for President:
voteforvern.com | take America back

I can attest he can work with prochoice progressive Democrats because I am one.
And he argues, but tolerates and includes my views where we stick to the Constitution.
He is biased toward prolife, but will allow for prochoice where it doesn't impose proabortion.

He is a veteran and supports the idea of Trump donating his salary to create
Jobs for Vets to reform the VA and other institutions that need massive overhaul!
He can't vote for Kasich. Kasich wasn't on the ballot. This idiot is just blowing a lot of hot air.

From a Texas relative: The Texas Republican Party has stated that if Suprun persists in his plan to not vote for Trump, they are going to replace him.
How can they do that, when Texas does not have BOUND electors?
Obviiosly, if the law allows, a recalcitrant elector can be replaced.
The people in Texas voted for Trump. They place their trust in the electors to do their duty and vote the will of the people.
The electors will not be permitted to renege on that trust.
Try as the losers may, Donald Trump WILL be the 45th POTUS..
Oh One EV is not going to make a difference.

Will be interesting.

Under elector responsibilities -

Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector.

It's predictable that there's no link to this since it's completely incoherent.

There is no way the Constitution would "require that electors be completely free to act as they choose". Constitutions are not written in negatives.. That's absurd. The reality is, and this has been tested and affirmed in SCOTUS, that all the Constitution requires is that the several states choose their allotted number of electors and then transmit their votes to the Congress. Exactly how they choose those electors and exactly how they vote, is completely up to the state. The Constitution says nothing about what it "doesn't-not-require", nor should it.
The electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for two persons, of whom one at least shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves. And they shall make a list of all the persons voted for, and of the number of votes for each; which list they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates, and the votes shall then be counted. The person having the greatest number of votes shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed; and if there be more than one who have such majority, and have an equal number of votes, then the House of Representatives shall immediately choose by ballot one of them for President; and if no person have a majority, then from the five highest on the list the said House shall in like manner choose the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by States, the representation from each state having one vote; A quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. In every case, after the choice of the President, the person having the greatest number of votes of the electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal votes, the Senate shall choose from them by ballot the Vice President.

The Congress may determine the time of choosing the electors, and the day on which they shall give their votes; which day shall be the same throughout the United States.
Article II
So even if these Electors decide in protest, they can either be replaced. Or if enough of them try some funny business, Congress steps in and elects the person to be POTUS.

The guy is being an asshole. WHY? Because he can.
I wonder how much longer he will get to keep his job.
I doubt it if he's going to find life very comfortable among his co-workers.

U. S. Electoral College: Who Are the Electors? How Do They Vote?

Will be interesting.

Under elector responsibilities -

Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector.

It's predictable that there's no link to this since it's completely incoherent.

There is no way the Constitution would "require that electors be completely free to act as they choose". Constitutions are not written in negatives.. That's absurd. The reality is, and this has been tested and affirmed in SCOTUS, that all the Constitution requires is that the several states choose their allotted number of electors and then transmit their votes to the Congress. Exactly how they choose those electors and exactly how they vote, is completely up to the state. The Constitution says nothing about what it "doesn't-not-require", nor should it.
So much for pogo's little temper tantrum and wishful thinking.
I find it amazing that these liberals just cannot accept defeat.
And it is THEY who chortled like hungry chicks in a nest when Trump refused to answer as to whether or not he would accept the results of the vote.
Hypocrisy of the left shows up as a bull in a China shop......Again

Forum List

Back