Electors (R) TX, NOT Voting for Trump - Fox News

In breaking news Chris Suprun of Dallas was found hanging from a Mesquite tree with a sign reading "traitor" on it. Police ruled the death obvious suicide.
The guy is being an asshole. WHY? Because he can.
I wonder how much longer he will get to keep his job.
I doubt it if he's going to find life very comfortable among his co-workers.

Yeah Donald Trump will be our first lame duck President ever sworn into office--LOL Mitch McConnell hates Donald Trump, and Paul Ryan isn't going to be kissing anyone's ass. The Reich wing tried to primary him.

So they'll be putting Trump and company on ignore, and do what they can to fix Obamacare--(they won't be able to repeal it, they don't have the votes)--and work on the budget. That's something they've been wanting to do for the last 6 years, and they're going to take this two year opportunity for that.

Because in 2018--the payback is coming and they know that. They've got 2 years before the Senate and the house go to Democrats. Then in 2018 Trump supporters will be happy to see that Trump will work better with Democrats, because he was never a conservative, much less a Republican--LOL Trump may get them to agree with his 35% penalty tax on American corporations, and tariffs.

Trump-RINO-2016.png

Last edited:
As far as I know Texas requires electors to vote as the state did. They take a pledge to do so. Suprun is breaking his pledge to vote the will of the state.
And as it appears, he will be removed and replaced. So much for his little crusade.

Yeah it's not going to do anything, except it shows that Trumps approval rating is crumbling, right before our eyes, and he's not even sworn in yet. That usually happens (after they're sworn in) LOL. I don't believe that's ever happened before. Where electoral college participants started questioning their loyalty to the voters, & are in favor of going rogue to make a statement.

Holy shit this is funny.

cngkvdbu8aaphcf-clay-bennett.jpg

Yeah that guy wrote an editorial a couple of days ago.. His whole statement is here.

>> The United States was set up as a republic. Alexander Hamilton provided a blueprint for states’ votes. Federalist 68 argued that an Electoral College should determine if candidates are qualified, not engaged in demagogy, and independent from foreign influence. Mr. Trump shows us again and again that he does not meet these standards. Given his own public statements, it isn’t clear how the Electoral College can ignore these issues, and so it should reject him.

.... Fifteen years ago, I swore an oath to defend my country and Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. On Dec. 19, I will do it again. <<​

Yo, what happen when they elected Obama?

"GTP"

Nothing. Nobody came up with this kind of objection. About either candidate.

"GFY"

That's because Republicans are simply a better class of people than are Democrats. They don't run around protesting and showing their collective asses the way the Democrats do.

No they just lie and attack and lie and undermine, spending taxpayers money on phone investigations, gerrymandering, suppressing minority votes, and lie, and thwart the Constitution.

Much more effective than simply demonstrating.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Texas Republican elector says he won't cast vote for Trump

One resigned, another isn't voting for Trump, because TX laws don't mandate but leave it free to Electors.

===========

AUSTIN, Texas – A Republican member of the Electoral College from Texas said Monday that he won't cast one of his state's 38 electoral votes for Donald Trump because "I am here to elect a president, not a king."

Dallas paramedic Chris Suprun previously indicated he would support Trump. But he now says the president-elect's postelection attacks on the First Amendment and the country's electoral process, as well as the billionaire businessman's continued promotion of his brand and business interests overseas, changed his mind.

Texas law doesn't mandate that electors vote according to the results of the state's presidential election, which Trump won by nine percentage points over Hillary Clinton. Suprun and the GOP's other electors signed pledges at the state Republican convention in Dallas this summer promising to vote for their party's nominee, but those aren't legally binding.

"I'm expecting backlash, but that has been par for the course this campaign. People are unhappy. They're angry. But I'm angry, too," said Suprun, who said that prior to changing his mind he had received hundreds of emails, letters and phone calls urging him not to support Trump.

Suprun said the Electoral College system "is fine as it currently exists." His problem is just with its winner.

"I was told if we elected Donald Trump he would transform his personality into being presidential. He isn't," Suprun said. "I wanted him to be presidential, but since the election he hasn't grown into our institution, he's attacked them. I am here to elect a president, not a king."

Another Texas Republican elector, Art Sisneros, resigned last week rather than vote for Trump. Electors will vote to replace Sisneros when they convene Dec. 19 in Austin and in state capitals across the country to vote for president.

Suprun said he was not resigning but also won't be voting for Hillary Clinton.

"I am not sure of who I will vote for, but would have to strongly consider someone like (Ohio Gov. John) Kasich who has both executive and legislative experience bringing people together," he said.

Suprun said he was waiting to see if other electors will revolt and rally behind a Trump alternative like Kasich.

"I'm looking for someone we can all unify behind," he said.
==================

Here's the guy I would still support for President:
voteforvern.com | take America back

I can attest he can work with prochoice progressive Democrats because I am one.
And he argues, but tolerates and includes my views where we stick to the Constitution.
He is biased toward prolife, but will allow for prochoice where it doesn't impose proabortion.

He is a veteran and supports the idea of Trump donating his salary to create
Jobs for Vets to reform the VA and other institutions that need massive overhaul!
He can't vote for Kasich. Kasich wasn't on the ballot. This idiot is just blowing a lot of hot air.
Dear thereisnospoon and SmokeALib
Yes and No.
While some states MAY allow writeins,
it's up to the House to approve the vote
or in the case nobody wins a majority,
the House is supposed to vote on the top three.

Most of this lobbying is to make public statements, and possibly influence Trump to work on his image and demeanor and unifying approach, instead of people losing faith.

Not a single vote is wasted, but is a chance to influence or represent something, which is still part of inclusion in the Democratic process.

Yeah that guy wrote an editorial a couple of days ago.. His whole statement is here.

>> The United States was set up as a republic. Alexander Hamilton provided a blueprint for states’ votes. Federalist 68 argued that an Electoral College should determine if candidates are qualified, not engaged in demagogy, and independent from foreign influence. Mr. Trump shows us again and again that he does not meet these standards. Given his own public statements, it isn’t clear how the Electoral College can ignore these issues, and so it should reject him.

.... Fifteen years ago, I swore an oath to defend my country and Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. On Dec. 19, I will do it again. <<​

"GTP"

"GFY"

That's because Republicans are simply a better class of people than are Democrats. They don't run around protesting and showing their collective asses the way the Democrats do.

No they just lie and attack and lie and undermine, spending taxpayers money on phone investigations, gerrymandering, suppressing minority votes, and lie, and thwart the Constitution.

I think Trump is trying to thwart the 1st amendment. He doesn't like to be criticized.

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- President-elect Donald Trump lashed out Wednesday at a union leader who has criticized Trump's Carrier job deal as a promise "half-way delivered."

But shortly after he appeared on CNN's "Erin Burnett Out Front" program Wednesday night, the president-elect appeared to blame union leaders like Jones for companies leaving the U.S. "Chuck Jones, who is President of United Steelworkers 1999, has done a terrible job representing workers. No wonder companies flee country!"
Trump unleashes tweet on Carrier union boss who blasted him | Veooz

This man says it all about Trump: A MUST WATCH:

"GTP"

"GFY"

Dragonlady Yet they are STILL better at calling out and checking their own party against abuses
Than Democrats are who take the Fifth when it comes to violations among them!
If you think GOP is abusive, what about the Dems who can't speak out against their own,
Or they get silenced as Clinton undercut Sanders.

Doesn't that make Dems even worse?

"GTP"

"GFY"

I think Trump is trying to thwart the 1st amendment. He doesn't like to be criticized.

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- President-elect Donald Trump lashed out Wednesday at a union leader who has criticized Trump's Carrier job deal as a promise "half-way delivered."

But shortly after he appeared on CNN's "Erin Burnett Out Front" program Wednesday night, the president-elect appeared to blame union leaders like Jones for companies leaving the U.S. "Chuck Jones, who is President of United Steelworkers 1999, has done a terrible job representing workers. No wonder companies flee country!"

This man says it all about Trump: A MUST WATCH:

They are both using free speech as equal human beings.
oreo

The beauty of this is there is nothing to censor one person or the other. They both exercise free speech in speaking out, for good or bad, and the public is equally free to investigate and form opinions on who is lying or manipulating here.

No one is being censored. It's up to us the viewing public to determine what's true or false here. If Trump is blowing smoke, he only hurts himself.

As far as I know Texas requires electors to vote as the state did. They take a pledge to do so. Suprun is breaking his pledge to vote the will of the state.
Dear tinydancer according to this article, Texas does not mandate that. There are other states that fine Electors or replace them if they don't vote as the state voted.

It makes sense to me that the POINT of human Electors voting IS to check against some extreme case of fraud. If it were automatic we wouldn't need people, we'd just have a point system where the minute the candidate wins a majority of the state vote, the minute it's confirmed, then "automatically" the number of Electoral votes or points gets added to their score. We wouldn't need humans to vote. The point of that is to allow one more check.

So in case something goes wrong like in other countries how an oppressive dictator forces everyone to vote for them or die, if corruption that bad were to skew the votes by force, for example, the Electors could still check against that abuse.

No they signed a pledge to vote the will of the State. And I find it absolutely appalling that this elector has the arrogance to break his pledge.

He's a lying piece of garbage. Like Kasich. The person he is voting for.

And to think that electors can and should go against the will of the people is outrageous. Faithless to be sure.

Is the will of the people in any way like the popular vote? Sorry, can't have it both ways, trailer trash.
Did Hillary win the popular vote in Texas? Moron.

"GTP"

"GFY"

Dragonlady Yet they are STILL better at calling out and checking their own party against abuses
Than Democrats are who take the Fifth when it comes to violations among them!
If you think GOP is abusive, what about the Dems who can't speak out against their own,
Or they get silenced as Clinton undercut Sanders.

Doesn't that make Dems even worse?

What's worse than a President Elect who just settled a 25 million dollar settlement, and who was up for Fraud and Racketeering charges over Trump University. What's worse than a President Elect who recently had a cease and desist order put on his Foundation from the New York State attorney General's office--where they have a cancelled check in the amount of $258K dollars in charitable contributions, that were used to settle non related legal claims, and to purchase 2 full sized portraits of himself.

What's worse than a President Elect that just went out on attack of an American corporation, Boeing aircraft, because the CEO of that company disagreed with Trump over a trade policy. So the President Elect, vindictive as he is, put out a world-wide tweet, stating cancel the order, your planes are too expensive.

Trump unleashes tweet on Carrier union boss who blasted him

Last edited:
is it just me or does anyone else think that when an elector decides to vote against what his/her district wants, this individual is throwing out the voice of many just to make his own preference heard?
I mean, if I was an elector and my district would have come up with Hillary as the choice, thats exactly how I would have cast that electoral vote, for hillary. My personal vote would have been for trump, but my responsibility would be to the voters and to bring their voice to the table, not mine.
Or am I just wrong here.

And as it appears, he will be removed and replaced. So much for his little crusade.

Yeah it's not going to do anything, except it shows that Trumps approval rating is crumbling, right before our eyes, and he's not even sworn in yet. That usually happens (after they're sworn in) LOL. I don't believe that's ever happened before. Where electoral college participants started questioning their loyalty to the voters, & are in favor of going rogue to make a statement.

Holy shit this is funny.

What? Polls show Trump's support is crumbling? Just like Hillary's poll numbers showed her winning yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge?

:lmao:

Holy shit this is funny.

What? Polls show Trump's support is crumbling? Just like Hillary's poll numbers showed her winning yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge?

:lmao:

Did I mention polls dumbass? When electoral college participants are going rogue on Trump that shows his support is crumbling. This guy was a die hard Trump supporter, and he explains well why he is going rogue.

Here is the former labor secretary blasting Trump over his tweets, and he explains why Trump went after Boeing aircraft.

Robert Reich to Trump: Stop acting 'thin-skinned and vindictive' - CNNPolitics.com

One resigned, another isn't voting for Trump, because TX laws don't mandate but leave it free to Electors.

===========

AUSTIN, Texas – A Republican member of the Electoral College from Texas said Monday that he won't cast one of his state's 38 electoral votes for Donald Trump because "I am here to elect a president, not a king."

Dallas paramedic Chris Suprun previously indicated he would support Trump. But he now says the president-elect's postelection attacks on the First Amendment and the country's electoral process, as well as the billionaire businessman's continued promotion of his brand and business interests overseas, changed his mind.

Texas law doesn't mandate that electors vote according to the results of the state's presidential election, which Trump won by nine percentage points over Hillary Clinton. Suprun and the GOP's other electors signed pledges at the state Republican convention in Dallas this summer promising to vote for their party's nominee, but those aren't legally binding.

"I'm expecting backlash, but that has been par for the course this campaign. People are unhappy. They're angry. But I'm angry, too," said Suprun, who said that prior to changing his mind he had received hundreds of emails, letters and phone calls urging him not to support Trump.

Suprun said the Electoral College system "is fine as it currently exists." His problem is just with its winner.

"I was told if we elected Donald Trump he would transform his personality into being presidential. He isn't," Suprun said. "I wanted him to be presidential, but since the election he hasn't grown into our institution, he's attacked them. I am here to elect a president, not a king."

Another Texas Republican elector, Art Sisneros, resigned last week rather than vote for Trump. Electors will vote to replace Sisneros when they convene Dec. 19 in Austin and in state capitals across the country to vote for president.

"I am not sure of who I will vote for, but would have to strongly consider someone like (Ohio Gov. John) Kasich who has both executive and legislative experience bringing people together," he said.

Suprun said he was waiting to see if other electors will revolt and rally behind a Trump alternative like Kasich.

==================

And he argues, but tolerates and includes my views where we stick to the Constitution.
He is biased toward prolife, but will allow for prochoice where it doesn't impose proabortion.

Jobs for Vets to reform the VA and other institutions that need massive overhaul!
One or two of these bozo's here and there is not surprising.

Yo, is Hillary trying to payoff these electors? She has the money from the Clinton Foundation to start buying them off?
No, that would be George Soros...He paid good money to seal this election in his favor (to appoint the USSC Justices he wants to rule our nation with an iron fist) and by fucking GOD he's not going to be denied his Will...

Don't worry, Texas will appoint a new elector to fill the seat of the resigned one. So that's one gained (paid for?) electoral vote for Hillary she didn't have before..
Dear Silhouette
There was already an Elector who resigned.
This guy wants to wait and see if others
Vote for Kasich. There are people petitioning to remove and replace Suprun.

If neither Trump or Clinton gets 270 votes it will go to the House that has to approve the Electors vote anyway.

Suprun is basically using his position to make a public statement, which is a good thing.

I credit Trump also for setting the atmosphere where anyone can use free speech and media to issue statements and influence public perception and opinion.

This is a good step toward self representation and self govt. Trump is not going to censor the media as Clinton and Soros were skewing the media.

So we will see the doors and mic 's open up to everyone speaking out and changing how we interact as people in relation to govt!
Are any of these rogue electors talking about voting for Hillary ??

Or is all the banter about Trump or Kasich ??

===========

==================

You just refuse to watch a 3 minute video from the former Labor Secretary of this nation. You don't give a rats ass that Trump tweeted out a world wide message that he was going to cancel Boeing's contract because their planes were too expensive, (because Trump was insulted) when the CEO of that company disagreed with him on a trade policy. Boeing is LOCATED in South Carolina.

Because of Trump's tweets, Boeing is going to have a much harder time getting new contracts, and keeping their jobs in South Carolina.

Robert Reich to Trump: Stop acting 'thin-skinned and vindictive' - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited:

===========

==================

You just refuse to watch a 3 minute video from the former Labor Secretary of this nation. You don't give a rats ass that Trump tweeted out a world wide message that he was going to cancel Boeing's contract because their planes were too expensive, (because Trump was insulted) when the CEO of that company disagreed with him on a trade policy. Boeing is LOCATED in South Carolina.

Because of Trump's tweets, Boeing is going to have a much harder time getting new contracts, and keeping their jobs in South Carolina.

Progressives like you love waste, fraud and abuse…

I hate to have to admit this but I think it is the right thing to do.
After all this time on the forum that I have been arguing with the liberals over their thinking that republicans were ok with disenfranchising voters, it looks like they were right and I was wrong. I defended the republicans because I honestly thought that the idea of taking away someones vote was just foolish. And as far as Voter ID disenfranchising people, I still maintain that it does not.
However, as far as the republicans not having a problem with other methods of taking away peoples votes, I evidently have been seriously mistaken. It would appear that this one electorate is more than willing to do just that. It also is interesting that the republican party is not stepping up and slapping his ignorant ass to the ground for doing it, so the party as a whole must be ok with it.
I do however also find it interesting that no liberals have stepped up and said anything, considering all of the arguing they have done about how a persons vote has to be allowed and counted, you would think they would be a bit concerned over this too.
And for the record, I would certainly be chastising an electorate that was obligated by his districts votes to vote for Hillary but refused and voted for Trump instead.
The fact that this is allowed is somewhat of an issue too. Why dont we just save time and money every four years and bypass the general elections and just go right to the electorates for their vote only. I see no difference.

===========

==================

I am not a Progressive, I am a fiscal conservative independent, former Republican and have been on this board since 2007 with over 13,000 posts, and that's why I know a lot more than you do.

You have elected a man that cannot take any criticism at all. And before even being sworn in has attacked an American jobs producing company stationed in South Carolina with a world wide message tweet to "cancel the order your planes are too expensive." Why? Because the CEO of that company criticized him on a trade policy, so your dip shit President Elect decided to get even.

You people really deserve Trump

trump_stupid-stupid-people_091715.jpg

===========

==================

I am not a Progressive, I am a fiscal conservative independent, former Republican and have been on this board since 2007 with over 13,000 posts, and that's why I know a lot more than you do.

You have elected a man that cannot take any criticism at all. And before even being sworn in has attacked an American jobs producing company stationed in South Carolina with a world wide message tweet to "cancel the order your planes are too expensive." Why? Because the CEO of that company criticized him on a trade policy, so your dip shit President Elect decided to get even.

...spend and spend frivolously?

===========

==================

...spend and spend frivolously?

You just elected one. Not too many Republicans got on FOX News the Bill O'reilly show and praised Obama's 878 billion dollar economic stimulus bill. In fact there was only one Republican in congress that voted for it, and he promptly lost his seat thereafter.
That Time Donald Trump Praised The Stimulus Package On Fox News
utm_term=.qcMbP0yZ#.goD3YDZL

Trump-RINO-2016.png

Forum List

Back