Electoral College

You're wrong again Crept. It is directly proportional for all states based on population. The fact that you call lower population states rednecks shows your huge bias against America, and Americans. We're not Europe, nor Canada and we are not meant to be!

I think there are more moderate voters and too many nutters that forget we are a Republic and with individual States that make up this union and that is why we have the Electoral College so bigger States can not bully smaller states...
By making it possible, even likely, that smaller states bully the bigger ones? By allowing the will of the majority if the people to go by the wayside?

1. You were never suppose to vote for the President and that was later granted.

2. The voice of the people is the House and not the Oval Office.

3. Had Hillary not won California by the four million votes she won by she might have lost the Popular Vote in 2016.

( she only won the National Popular Vote by three million )

------

So as you write about the will of the people the reality is more States voted against Hillary Clinton while the bigger populated states voted for her.

So should California have the final say when more States said no?

In your opinion yes but if you truly understood the system you would know it keep States like California from deciding the election and leave it to where you must win the State vote to earn that Electoral College vote, well in most cases

We are a Republic and not a Democracy.
None of those things address my point.

It did!

You just do not like the fact I disagree with you!

So tell me did the Electoral College fail when it elected Clinton and Obama?

No, so the system works and the fact is California is the only reason why Hillary won the Popular vote and Electoral College showed that Trump won more States.

So Hillary was just very Popular in California.
The electoral college is nothing more than affirmative action for red States at this point.

That is ludicrous. The Electoral College prevents 8 of the most populous states from being able to dictate to the other 42.

By making it possible, even likely, that smaller states bully the bigger ones? By allowing the will of the majority if the people to go by the wayside?

3. Had Hillary not won California by the four million votes she won by she might have lost the Popular Vote in 2016.

------

So as you write about the will of the people the reality is more States voted against Hillary Clinton while the bigger populated states voted for her.

In your opinion yes but if you truly understood the system you would know it keep States like California from deciding the election and leave it to where you must win the State vote to earn that Electoral College vote, well in most cases

It did!

No, so the system works and the fact is California is the only reason why Hillary won the Popular vote and Electoral College showed that Trump won more States.

The electoral college is nothing more than affirmative action for red States at this point.

That is ludicrous. The Electoral College prevents 8 of the most populous states from being able to dictate to the other 42.
And allows the minority to dictate to the majority.

------

It did!

That is what your party is all about, Crepitus? The whole Trans rights, etc.?

------

It did!

Not hardly. It gives the minority an equal voice AND it protects Rights that would be stolen through mob rule.

The Electoral College has worked exactly as it was intended, and should since the Constitution mandated it. If you want to get rid of it, lobby your politicians to call a Constitutional Convention. The Constitution. Has been amended many tomes before, so it can happen again, For example we amended it to install Prohibition, then amended it again to repeal it, so it can be done.

However, be careful what you wish for, as others have said, no matter where you live, nor what you want NYC, and L.A. Metro areas will dictate to you and do what is good for them, not you. We will become one Collective morass, and your state will be meaningless. The only politicians that will matter will be in D.C. and good luck pressuring them. They are too far away, and too insulated to care about you.

again, LA and NYC constitute less than 10% of the population... and they don't vote in monolithic blocks. Any more than the people of Texas vote in a Monolithic block.

While I would PREFER to eliminate the EC through Constitutional Amendment, the interstate compact would accomplish the same thing.

The states can allocate their electors any way they see fit.. Maine and Nebraska do it by congressional district, while the other states are winner take all. But if the states decide, "Whoever wins the national popular vote gets our electors", that would work, too.

Again, if you’re Jane Doe and are in Oklahoma which votes for Trump 60-40…

Wouldn’t you think that if the OK electors vote for someone other than Trump, that would be…simply put; wrong?

I think the interstate compact is an intriguing idea and I’m not questioning the intelligence of voting for one person or another or whatever but shouldn’t the candidate that gets the most votes in the individual states get the state’s electoral votes?

And also, Im just asking…. (I have no clue if there is anything codified or not) but who says that there has to be congressional districts? Currently Georgia has 14 congressional districts. Couldn’t Georgia just have—for the sake of argument—an election for House Seats and take the top 14 vote-getters regardless of the location of their residences? Put another way, if Illinois wanted to do it, could they have a system where all of their Reps come from Cook County (6 million people) instead of having some live in Joliet, East St. Louis, Skokie, etc…?

Letting the States make these rules is fine with me. I’d like it if the Governors had an “electoral college” made up of the Counties as well where the Gov would have to have a broad appeal from border to border. But it does open the door (or is the door already open?) to allowing all sorts of creativity in the electoral processes.

The Electoral Votes each states get are based on their population. It is a very fair, and wise system.
The only problem is that they count illegal aliens when the number electoral votes are apportioned.

For example, California gets a couple of extra electoral votes because of their very large illegal alien population.

It did!

Equal rights for all.

It did!

Not hardly. It gives the minority an equal voice AND it protects Rights that would be stolen through mob rule.
No, it weights the votes of the minority more heavily than the majority.

It's affirmative action for rednecks.

It did!

You sound like a dumb ass. The founders were not rednecks, but people with extensive experience living under tyranny. America became the envy of the world, the place the rest of the world longed for.

We are guaranteed a Republican Form of Government (see Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution.)

To understand what this poster is REALLY pissed off about is to look at a map of georgia's last gubernatorial election.

How Georgia counties voted in the 2018 Georgia Gubernatorial election

See how little in land mass Stacey Abrams represented, but her votes are all concentrated in very small areas. This allows the masses an unfair advantage in federal elections unless there is a fail safe for the minority.

Go back to the states electing U.S. Senators and the process will be much more fair.

It did!

Equal rights for all.

No. Because when you allow a biological boy to play against my girls in hoops my 10 players are at a major disadvantage so where are their rights? Eclipsed by those of a small minority. The boy who identifies as a girl. Nice try though.

You sound like a dumb ass. The founders were not rednecks, but people with extensive experience living under tyranny. America became the envy of the world, the place the rest of the world longed for.

We are guaranteed a Republican Form of Government (see Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution.)

To understand what this poster is REALLY pissed off about is to look at a map of georgia's last gubernatorial election.

See how little in land mass Stacey Abrams represented, but her votes are all concentrated in very small areas. This allows the masses an unfair advantage in federal elections unless there is a fail safe for the minority.

Go back to the states electing U.S. Senators and the process will be much more fair.
Not the founders ding-bat, you kids. Conservatives.

And you've got the nerve to say I sound like a dumbass.

SMH.

Equal rights for all.

No. Because when you allow a biological boy to play against my girls in hoops my 10 players are at a major disadvantage so where are their rights? Eclipsed by those of a small minority. The boy who identifies as a girl. Nice try though.
That wasn't me. I've said all along that should not happen. Equal rights, not unfair advantage.

Equal rights for all.

That wasn't me. I've said all along that should not happen. Equal rights, not unfair advantage.

Most in your party disagree with you. Correct?

Equal rights for all.

Not as far as I know. Ask around.

Equal rights for all.

You do the same..

You’re the first to address this logically

SMH.

It does sound like a dumb ass argument you're making. Most of the time you sound like you have a higher IQ than what you're demonstrating, but the founders clearly did not intend to turn this country into a democracy - which is what you're advocating.

I'm not a part of the whole phony conservative v. liberal, right v. left, D v. R discussion, so bear that in mind. Today's "conservatives" are no more conservative than the Clintons were in the 1990s, yet the conservatives of today make the same, exact Clinton talking points.

Equal rights for all.

Equal men are not free and free men are not equal.

Equal rights for all.

You do the same..

You’re the first to address this logically
I put up a poll, let's see what folks say.

It's here. Transgendered people is sports, should they compete in their chosen gender or not?

SMH.

It does sound like a dumb ass argument you're making. Most of the time you sound like you have a higher IQ than what you're demonstrating, but the founders clearly did not intend to turn this country into a democracy - which is what you're advocating.

I'm not a part of the whole phony conservative v. liberal, right v. left, D v. R discussion, so bear that in mind. Today's "conservatives" are no more conservative than the Clintons were in the 1990s, yet the conservatives of today make the same, exact Clinton talking points.

We are a representative democracy.
Unless we have "one person, one vote" then we aren't very representative

Forum List

Back