Electoral College

kaliesq

Rookie
Feb 1, 2013
I have started a petition on change.org to the U.S. Senate and House to eliminate the Electoral College or alternatively to write legislation that all Electoral College votes be for the Presidential candidate that wins the popular vote. I would appreciate everyone signing the petition and letting others know about it.
This will benefit all parties by ensuring that the candidate the people vote for is elected.

Thank you.

Yea! Lets let NYC and LA run our country!
And what is the difference between not havin an EC, and all the EC votes goes to the one that gets the popular?

The electoral college serves the valuable purpose to isolate voter fraud. If going to the Maine/Nebraska model makes people happy by making it more popular vote representative, fine. Even that would have the tradeoff of subjecting the EC to gerrymandering.

I have started a petition on change.org to the U.S. Senate and House to eliminate the Electoral College or alternatively to write legislation that all Electoral College votes be for the Presidential candidate that wins the popular vote. I would appreciate everyone signing the petition and letting others know about it.
This will benefit all parties by ensuring that the candidate the people vote for is elected.

Thank you.

Writing legislation wouldn't work. There would have to be a new constitutional amendment. Which is possible, but never easy.

Would be a good idea since the electoral college gives certain peoples vote more power than others.

And what is the difference between not havin an EC, and all the EC votes goes to the one that gets the popular?

The population of the US is 308 million.

The combined populations of NYC and LA, if they got every citizen to vote the same way, is less than 15 million.

Not sure how a popular vote lets two cities run everything.

But I think it's just you don't like them city people with their edumacation and their culture, is that it, Cleetus?

Better to let 10 backwater states decide the election.

The electoral college serves its purpose well, so there is no need to change.

The combined populations of NYC and LA, if they got every citizen to vote the same way, is less than 15 million.

But I think it's just you don't like them city people with their edumacation and their culture, is that it, Cleetus?

You don't think 15 million votes could sway an election? And remember, in Chicago the vote isn't limited to the living. Like most libtards, you obviously feel that voter fraud is a perfectly acceptable means to your preferred ends.

You don't think 15 million votes could sway an election? And remember, in Chicago the vote isn't limited to the living. Like most libtards, you obviously feel that voter fraud is a perfectly acceptable means to your preferred ends.

I see that you have no trouble ignoring facts.

I think when you say stuff like this, you forfeit the right to be taken seriously.

While the "Cemetary vote" is a fun thing and alll, fact is, it really doesn't happen even in Chicago.

One Person. One Vote. Really, the only way to do it.

Thank you.

So how did that work out for you?

The Electoral College prevents a minority of highly-populated geographic areas in the U.S. from tyrannic rule of a small geographic area but less densely populated area over a less populated but much larger geographic area.

Last edited:

Thank you.

How's the petition going? LOL

It's not two cities, it's all the individuals in the US.

Are you thinking there are more democrats than republicans?

Come on, NY and LA and SF are all radical leftist cities ruled by radical leftist politicians.

Getting rid of the EC rids the minority votes.
It has nothing to do with what your party is.

Come on, NY and LA and SF are all radical leftist cities ruled by radical leftist politicians.
So you don't think there are any conservatives there?

Forum List

Back