Electoral College

And allows the minority to dictate to the majority.

That is what your party is all about, Crepitus? The whole Trans rights, etc.?
Equal rights for all.

No. Because when you allow a biological boy to play against my girls in hoops my 10 players are at a major disadvantage so where are their rights? Eclipsed by those of a small minority. The boy who identifies as a girl. Nice try though.
That wasn't me. I've said all along that should not happen. Equal rights, not unfair advantage.

Equal men are not free and free men are not equal.
I agree to a point, but that's not exactly what we were talking about there.

The United STATES was intended to be fifty separate sovereign nations, essentially. Well, we didn't have fifty back then but you understand what I mean. We were supposed to be a loose collection of separate states, not a giant, centralized, COLLECTIVE. State's rights has eroded since the beginning, and now we aren't much different in concept at least from the USSR.

Our MAIN Government was our State, not the Feds. The concept being that closer representation is more easily accessed by THE PEOPLE. If we didn't like our state we could vote with our feet and go to a different one more aligned with our politics. That is why the EC exists. If it goes away we are the USSR.

Not really. The USSR was 17+ Nations held together with an iron fist.

The US is a pretty unified culture..

The only question is, do we continue with an anachronistic system that gives more votes to a minority, that produces awful results?

Or do we modify it so we have THE PEOPLE elect the president.

This isn't a complicated issue.

It did!

You just do not like the fact I disagree with you!

So tell me did the Electoral College fail when it elected Clinton and Obama?

well, no, because Obama won the popular vote by a pretty substantial margin. Clinton, you could make the argument that because Ross Perot split the vote, he won when he shouldn't have, but you solve that problem by having a runoff election.

The Electoral Votes each states get are based on their population. It is a very fair, and wise system.

Well, not really. Wymoing get 3 electoral votes for 600,000 people, or one elector for every 200,000 people. California gets 55 Electoral votes for 27 million people. Or one for every 500,000 folks.

Also, it's kind of stupid in that you get the same result if you barely win a state that you get if you absolutely crush it in a state.

You sound like a dumb ass. The founders were not rednecks, but people with extensive experience living under tyranny. America became the envy of the world, the place the rest of the world longed for.

The Founding Slave Rapists didn't live under "tyranny". They were a bunch of assholes who didn't want to pay their taxes, and got stupid poor people to fight their wars for them.

Kind of like Rich people today,when you come to think of it.

I have started a petition on change.org to the U.S. Senate and House to eliminate the Electoral College or alternatively to write legislation that all Electoral College votes be for the Presidential candidate that wins the popular vote. I would appreciate everyone signing the petition and letting others know about it.
This will benefit all parties by ensuring that the candidate the people vote for is elected.

Thank you.
Why would I participate in the downfall of individual freedom in the US?

Keep your fucking mob rule.

No. Because when you allow a biological boy to play against my girls in hoops my 10 players are at a major disadvantage so where are their rights? Eclipsed by those of a small minority. The boy who identifies as a girl. Nice try though.
That wasn't me. I've said all along that should not happen. Equal rights, not unfair advantage.

Most in your party disagree with you. Correct?
Not as far as I know. Ask around.

You do the same..

You’re the first to address this logically
I put up a poll, let's see what folks say.

It's here. Transgendered people is sports, should they compete in their chosen gender or not?

Only the conservatives seem to be opining thus far? Thank you for the thread.

You do the same..

It's here. Transgendered people is sports, should they compete in their chosen gender or not?

The conservatives realize the Constitution has worked for hundreds of years, and the Electoral College is part of that. Just because Hillary lost is no reason to change it now all of a sudden. This is all about assuring one party, Democrat rule. PERIOD!

You do the same..

Yeah, some of my fans showed up and kinda clouded the issue.

You do the same..

Yeah, some of my fans showed up and kinda clouded the issue.

LOL...we all have our "fans"....

Not hardly. It gives the minority an equal voice AND it protects Rights that would be stolen through mob rule.
No, it weights the votes of the minority more heavily than the majority.

It's affirmative action for rednecks.

You sound like a dumb ass. The founders were not rednecks, but people with extensive experience living under tyranny. America became the envy of the world, the place the rest of the world longed for.

We are guaranteed a Republican Form of Government (see Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution.)

To understand what this poster is REALLY pissed off about is to look at a map of georgia's last gubernatorial election.

How Georgia counties voted in the 2018 Georgia Gubernatorial election

See how little in land mass Stacey Abrams represented, but her votes are all concentrated in very small areas. This allows the masses an unfair advantage in federal elections unless there is a fail safe for the minority.

Go back to the states electing U.S. Senators and the process will be much more fair.
Not the founders ding-bat, you kids. Conservatives.

And you've got the nerve to say I sound like a dumbass.

SMH.

It does sound like a dumb ass argument you're making. Most of the time you sound like you have a higher IQ than what you're demonstrating, but the founders clearly did not intend to turn this country into a democracy - which is what you're advocating.

I'm not a part of the whole phony conservative v. liberal, right v. left, D v. R discussion, so bear that in mind. Today's "conservatives" are no more conservative than the Clintons were in the 1990s, yet the conservatives of today make the same, exact Clinton talking points.

We are a representative democracy.
Unless we have "one person, one vote" then we aren't very representative

IF we are a democracy, we are living under a de facto / illegal government. See Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution

The United STATES was intended to be fifty separate sovereign nations, essentially. Well, we didn't have fifty back then but you understand what I mean. We were supposed to be a loose collection of separate states, not a giant, centralized, COLLECTIVE. State's rights has eroded since the beginning, and now we aren't much different in concept at least from the USSR.

Our MAIN Government was our State, not the Feds. The concept being that closer representation is more easily accessed by THE PEOPLE. If we didn't like our state we could vote with our feet and go to a different one more aligned with our politics. That is why the EC exists. If it goes away we are the USSR.

Not really. The USSR was 17+ Nations held together with an iron fist.

The US is a pretty unified culture..

The only question is, do we continue with an anachronistic system that gives more votes to a minority, that produces awful results?

Or do we modify it so we have THE PEOPLE elect the president.

This isn't a complicated issue.
It's not complicated at all once you read the Constitution and find out you're living in a representative republic and not a democracy. DUH!

Last edited:

The Founding Slave Rapists didn't live under "tyranny". They were a bunch of assholes who didn't want to pay their taxes, and got stupid poor people to fight their wars for them.

Kind of like Rich people today,when you come to think of it.

Yet they provided a nation where you could spew such idiotic horseshit.
The disrespect for the founders only tells me if you have that big of a problem, you should leave and find some country whose government you'd rather live under.

My forefathers escaped the tyranny of Europe and the British Isles to proclaim Liberty. They did not start the slave trade, but they were instrumental in stopping it. And, while it did exist here, the average slave ate better and lived better than their blue collar white counterparts. Too bad you can't understand reality.

No, it weights the votes of the minority more heavily than the majority.

It's affirmative action for rednecks.

We are guaranteed a Republican Form of Government (see Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution.)

To understand what this poster is REALLY pissed off about is to look at a map of georgia's last gubernatorial election.

See how little in land mass Stacey Abrams represented, but her votes are all concentrated in very small areas. This allows the masses an unfair advantage in federal elections unless there is a fail safe for the minority.

Go back to the states electing U.S. Senators and the process will be much more fair.

SMH.

It does sound like a dumb ass argument you're making. Most of the time you sound like you have a higher IQ than what you're demonstrating, but the founders clearly did not intend to turn this country into a democracy - which is what you're advocating.

I'm not a part of the whole phony conservative v. liberal, right v. left, D v. R discussion, so bear that in mind. Today's "conservatives" are no more conservative than the Clintons were in the 1990s, yet the conservatives of today make the same, exact Clinton talking points.

IF we are a democracy, we are living under a de facto / illegal government. See Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution
A republic is a representative democracy.

SMH.

No, you are extremely wrong. Here is a link to an old Army manual that should help you understand the differences:

REPUBLIC VS. DEMOCRACY, U.S.ARMY ANALYSIS

SMH.

No, you are extremely wrong. Here is a link to an old Army manual that should help you understand the differences:

Your link is correct, we are not a direct democracy. Our republic is a form of representative democracy.

Your link is correct, we are not a direct democracy. Our republic is a form of representative democracy.

By law it is a representative REPUBLIC. IF it is a democracy, then it is an illegal / de facto government and would signal that it's time the citizenry take back the government and have those who agree with you either leave their posts or be tried for treason.

By law it is a representative REPUBLIC. IF it is a democracy, then it is an illegal / de facto government and would signal that it's time the citizenry take back the government and have those who agree with you either leave their posts or be tried for treason.
This is a nonsensical argument. Our constitutional republic is a form of representative democracy. That's just a fact, friend.

Forum List

Back