Election results North Carolina

Either there are very few gays that live in North Carolina or they just don't care about getting married.

Race Results - Latest Update: 05/08/2012 10:04pm

NC Marriage Amendment
Precincts Reporting: 2074 out of 2895 precincts 72%
Candidate Votes Vote % Winner
For 995,344 61%
Against 648,408 39%

Race Results - Latest Update: 05/08/2012 10:13pm

NC Marriage Amendment
Precincts Reporting: 2152 out of 2895 precincts 74%
For 1,017,370 61%
Against 662,408 39%

Race Results - Latest Update: 05/08/2012 10:13pm

NC Marriage Amendment
Precincts Reporting: 2152 out of 2895 precincts 74%
For 1,017,370 61%
Against 662,408 39%

Looks like the amendment is going to win.

Whenever the voters get a chance to vote on gay marriage, they vote against it.

You haven't completely read the whole Amendment, all 1 sentence of it. It removes rights and privileges from any unmarried couple, not just the homosexual ones. Rights of survivorship, health coverage, hospital visitation, joint tax returns, etc. Do any of you pinheads participate in oral sex? It's against the law, you know.

North Carolina passes ban on gay marriage - latimes.com

North Carolina has 222,800 unmarried couples, an increase of 55% over the last decade; 12% are same-sex couples, according to the 2010 census.

Officials at most local governments offering domestic partner benefits have indicated they will retain them despite the amendment. But they are likely to face lawsuits to force compliance, said Maxine Eichner, a family law professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

The family law professors said the amendment would spawn years of lawsuits. "When the dust clears," they concluded, unmarried couples will "have fewer rights over their most important life decisions."

So now, they'll need to do The Right Thing, and get married.

North Carolina passes ban on gay marriage - latimes.com

North Carolina has 222,800 unmarried couples, an increase of 55% over the last decade; 12% are same-sex couples, according to the 2010 census.

Officials at most local governments offering domestic partner benefits have indicated they will retain them despite the amendment. But they are likely to face lawsuits to force compliance, said Maxine Eichner, a family law professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

The family law professors said the amendment would spawn years of lawsuits. "When the dust clears," they concluded, unmarried couples will "have fewer rights over their most important life decisions."

So now, they'll need to do The Right Thing, and get married.

Really.
They can either get married, suck it up, or move.

You haven't completely read the whole Amendment, all 1 sentence of it. It removes rights and privileges from any unmarried couple, not just the homosexual ones. Rights of survivorship, health coverage, hospital visitation, joint tax returns, etc. Do any of you pinheads participate in oral sex? It's against the law, you know.

There are states that are acceptable to what you defend MOVE

i find it amusing that good christians use the bible to prop up their hate of gays....but then ignore totally other parts of the bible....

sorry to infer you are a christian there nc when you are not......sorry you have to hate people for something they do in their bedrooms....that is a unique kind of hate....i save my hate for those who hurt others.....

i find it amusing that good christians use the bible to prop up their hate of gays....but then ignore totally other parts of the bible....

sorry to infer you are a christian there nc when you are not......sorry you have to hate people for something they do in their bedrooms....that is a unique kind of hate....i save my hate for those who hurt others.....

Don't hate the sinner.

I don't hate them for what they do in their bedroom I hate them for what they do in plain sight, and trying to force non gays to accept their lifestyle. Such as those gay pride parades. How many Christian pride or straight pride parades are their?

Forum List

Back