Edwards to face criminal charges

I wonder if we would have a 14.7 trillion $$ Debt if Edwards was Junior PResident? Or Poverty, food stamps and foreclosures up?

Obama is a failure

Food for thought for the Obama-haters, isn't it?

Ya cause Obama is so much better?

The point is to be grateful for what you have. Obama's America is still a lot better than Kim's North Korea.

Considering just how bad the latter is, that's not saying much.Besides, what with school children being taught to sing hymns of praise to him, and those who still think he's the Messiah, Obama's cult of personality is not so far behind that of the "Dear Leader" at that.

Legitimate reasons to criticize Obama and his policies abound, but it doesn't help your cause to do it in a thread that's supposed to be about John Edwards.

Just saying.

remember when the USA was wealthy and respected?

that was before democrat occupation and Obama

You know, I was listening to the story in the car on my way to work this morning. And all I could wonder is... "was she worth it?". He wrecked his marriage. Hurt his kids. Destroyed his chances for future political office (at least that's how it looks now) and might be charged and/or convicted of a crime.

Sometimes smart people are really stupid.

Thats what happens when smart guys let their penis do the thinking. I have been guilty of that as well. Edwards is totally at fault but I am surprised a guy that powerful didn't have better people surrounding him. I had friends who tried to not get me tied up in a situation but I didn't listen.

But this happens to many men because they feel once they are that powerful and women throw themselves at you (which they do), its hard to turn down women but when you're that powerful, you have to do it. Destroyed that man's family and life.

I wonder if we would have a 14.7 trillion $$ Debt if Edwards was Junior PResident? Or Poverty, food stamps and foreclosures up?

Obama is a failure

The fuck is this? This has nothing to do with Obama yet must at the end of your post say "Obama is a Failure." What the hell does that have to do with Edwards facing criminal charges?

I think John Edwards is a disgusting opportunist. A dishonest, manipulative, con man. He always struck me as a scummy douchebag with his "two Americas" tripe. Still, I am not so sure we need to be prosecuting him for trying to hide his sexual indiscretions.

He is going to say that he was given "gifts" by friends - that these "gifts" were not campaign contributions. He then used that "gift" money to finance his mistress and their escapades. The people that gave him the "gifts" will back up his story. Is accepting gifts from well heeled friends a crime? Is it despicable? Yes, without question. But does it rise to the level of criminal??? I think not. At any rate, good luck proving it.........I think it's a waste of taxpayer money and that he's gonna walk.

Last edited:
I think John Edwards is a disgusting opportunist. A dishonest, manipulative, con man. He always struck me as a scummy douchebag with his "two Americas" tripe. Still, I am not so sure we need to be prosecuting him for trying to hide his sexual indiscretions.

He is going to say that he was given "gifts" by friends - that these "gifts" were not campaign contributions. He then used that "gift" money to finance his mistress and their escapades. The people that gave him the "gifts" will back up his story. Is accepting gifts from well heeled friends a crime? Is it despicable? Yes, without question. But does it rise to the level of criminal??? I think not. At any rate, good luck proving it.........I think it's a waste of taxpayer money and that he's gonna walk.

Accepting "gifts" of money from friends could be a crime if he didn't let the IRS folks in on their generosity.

What I've never understood about this issue is Edwards is extremely wealthy himself. He didn't need outsiders' money to support his babe and eventually baby.

Bill Clinton, impeached disbarred perjurer
John Edwards, Adulterating thief
John Kerry, Tax Cheat
Tom Daschle, Tax Cheat
Tim Geitner, Tax Cheat
Claire McCaskill, Tax Cheat
Charlie Rangal, Tax Cheat
Pete Stark, Tax Cheat
Robert Wexler, Tax Cheat
Obama Hussien, Real Estate thief

Why is anyone surprised here?

Democrats are scum

GOP_Sign_-_the_end_is_near-144x179.jpg
republican_seal-165x170.jpg

index.html-4.png

Abramoff, Jack
Adams, Tom
Adams, Jim
Aiken, Steve
Alishtari, Abdul Tawala Ibn Ali
Allen, Bob
Allen, Claude
Allen, Bill
Alonos, Miram
Anderson, Tom
Ankeney, Randal David
Aragoncillo, Leandro
Atchison, John David R.
Bakker, Jim
Barclay, Bruce
Barnes, Martin G.
Barter, Merrill Robert
Beaird, John
Bena, Parker J.
Beres, Lou
Beverage, Sam
Biggins, Bob
Binder, Alan
Bird, Calvin
Bland, Wilton Frederick
Blessing, Louis
Bloom, Philip H.
Blundell, Brian
Bobrick, Bill
Boggio, Scott
Botes, Stephan
Boylan, Joe
Brady, Kevin
Brock, Darrell
Broderick, Thomas
Brooks, Howard L.
Brown, Shawn
Bryan, John
Bundy, Ted
Burcham, Tom
Burghoff, Matthew
Burt, John Allen
Butler, John
Cagle, Charles "Chig"
Cappelli, Angelo
Carona, Deborah
Carona, Michael S.
Carpenter, Jared
Carroll, Cherie
Casamento, Ricahard
Casseday, Randall
Childers, W.D.
Childs, Keola
Cianci, Vincent
Clark, Donald Ross
Coan, Kevin
Collins, John J.
Colyandro, John
Condos, James
Constantine, Lee
Cooper, Nathan
Corrigan, Larry
Cortelyou, Scott Eller
Coughlin ,Paul
Coutretsis, Andrea
Cowdery, John
Craig, Larry
Cramer, Carey Lee
Crawford, Lester
Cunningham, Randy “Duke”
Curtin, John R.
Dasen Sr., Richard A.
Davis, Ronnie
Davison, Pat
DeLay, Tom
Delgaudio, Richard A.
DeShon, Ronnie Gene
Dibble, Peter
Dickens, Joshua
Disponett, Dave
Doolittle, John
Doyle, Dan
Doyle, Victoria
Doyle, Brian J.
Druce, Thomas
Druen, Dan
Elizondo, Nicholas
Ellef ,Peter
Elliott, Matthew Joseph
Ellis, James
Fabian, Alan
Fawell, Scott
Federici, Italia
Fields, Vincent
Fleischman, Donald
Fletcher, Earnie
Floren, Livvy
Flory, Michael
Floyd, Larry Dale
Foggo, Kyle “Dusty”
Fossella, Vito J.
Fox., Galen
Franklin, Larry
Gallagher, Dennis
Gardner, Richard
Garofalo, Dave
Gillin, William
Giordano, Philip
Glavin, Matthew
Gosek, John
Goyette, Richard R.
Graves, David
Grethen, Mark A.
Griles, J. Steven
Groe, Trish
Habay, Jeffrey
Hamilton Jr., John J.
Hansen, Shaun
Harbin, Ben
Harding, Russell
Harris, Mark
Hazlette, Tim
Healy, Chris
Heaton, William
Heldreth, Howard Scott
Hicks, Brian
Hiller, Bradley R.
Hintz, Mike
Hoffman, Debra V.
Holland, Robert
Holt, Delecia
Hooks Sr., Michael
Hopfengardner, Bruce D.
Horsley, Neal
Houchen, Pamela J.
Hughes, J. Marshall
Hurley, Steven M.
Iadanza, Richard
Matricarid, Edmund III
Isenhour, James K.
Jacoby, Mark
James, Rayfield
Janklow, Bill
Jensen, Scott
Jones, Jody
Juliano, Richard
Kaelin, Jeffrey
Kauffman, Allen D.
Kelty, Matt
Kerik, Bernie
Kidan, Adam
Kimmerling, Earl "Butch"
King, Lawrence E. "Larry" Jr.
Klaudt, Ted
Kline, Ronald C.
Kohring, Vic
Kontogiannis, Thomas
Kott, Pete
Knapp, Max
Lambert, James R.
Law, David
Lay ,Michael Aaron
Leonard, Richard
Leung, Katrina
Libby, I. Lewis "Scooter"
Limbaugh, Rush
Linnen, Stephen
Loeper Jr., F. Joseph
Looper, Byran "Low Tax"
Loren-Maltese, Betty
Lukens, Donald "Buz"
Luongo, Gerald J.
Malloy, Patrick G.
Malone, Lance
Manuel, Thomas G.
Martin, Hayes
Mathes Jr., James R.
Matricardi, Edmund III
Matthews, Jon
Maysky, Eugene
McCurnin, Joseph
McGee, Charles
McGuire, Patrick Lee
Meadows, Cory
Merla, John
Michael, John
Mixon, Michael
Monteleone Jr., Joseph
Morency, Nicholas
Murgatroyd, Dick
Murphy Jr., Glenn
Muschany, Scott
Nash, James J.
Neal, Rebecca
Newton, Chris
Ney, Bob
Nguyen, Tan
Nielsen, Jeffrey
Nighbert, Bill
Nixon Jr., Kenneth E.
Noe, Bernadette
Noe, Thomas
Noonan, Thomas J.
Novak, Lawrence
Nugent, Johnny
O’Grady, Raymond
Oleen, Lana
Ortloff, George Chris
Owens, Leonard Ray
Palughi, Anthony J.
Parker, Brent
Patti, Jeffrey
Pazuhanich, Mark
Privette, Coy
Prokos, Alexandra
Pugh, Edward
Rader, Dennis L.
Randall, Tom
Randall, Jeffrey Kyle
Rathmann, Rolf
Ravenel, Thomas
Raymond, Allen
Regola, Robert
Renzi, Rick
Rice, Steve
Ring, Kevin
Ringo, Robert R.
RoBold, Warren
Rosen, Steve
Rowland, John
Rudy, Tony
Russell, Beverly
Ryan, George
Safavian, David Hossein
Scanlon, Michael
Scannapieco, Matthew V.
Schepp, Brent
Schofield, Robert T.
Schrenko, Linda
Scott, Randy
Seidensticker, Mark
Shaner, Matt
Shortridge, Tom
Siljander, Mark Deli
Skandalakis, Mitch
Skiles, Paul
Slocum, William
Smeltzer Jr., Fred C.
Smith, Rick
Stanley, Roger “The Hog
Stevens, Ted
Stillwell, Roger
Stroupe Jr, Wade
Stumbo, Bobby
Sumrow, Ray
Swartz, David
Symington, Fife
Taff, Adam
Taft, Bob
Tanonaka, Dalton
Tate, Mark
Tebano, Armando
Teele, Arthur
Temple, Merle
Thompson, Joe
Thompson, Donald
Thomson, Gary Russell
Tobin, James
Treffinger, James
Trout, Harold Anthony "Tony"
Tristano, Michael
Turbyfill, Basil
Van Vleet, Rick D.
Vanderwall, Robin
Velella, Guy J.
Vellanoweth, Robert
Volz, Neil
Wade, Mitchell
Walker, Derek
Walters, Nick
Warner, Larry
Weissmann, Keith
Weldon ,Terance
Westberg, Craig
Westlake, John E. "Jack"
Westmoreland, Keith
Weyhrauch, Bruce
White, C. Stephen
Wilkes ,Brent
Williams, Robin
Wilson, Bob
Zachares, Mark
Zimmerman, Al

REPUBLICAN OFFENDERS - SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREDATOR BILL O'REILLY

Interesting. He thought he could get away with not only an affair, but using campaign donations to keep his affair secret.

"Mr. Edwards, 57, has been the subject of a two-year investigation into whether he used more than $1 million from political donors to hide his affair while he ran for president in 2008. Investigators have said that the money came from two top donors — Rachel Mellon, the heiress to the Mellon fortune known as Bunny, and Fred Baron, Mr. Edward’s finance chairman, who died in 2008.
Investigators contend that some of the money was used to support and essentially hide Ms. Hunter, as well as her daughter whom Mr. Edwards eventually admitted he had fathered. The money could be considered campaign contributions if prosecutors can show that Mr. Edwards helped orchestrate donations to hide Ms. Hunter or that he knew the money would be used to keep the affair hidden so it would not hurt his candidacy. "

Source

The whole thing was smarmy and pathetic... And the very best reason he did not deserve to be president is that he was so totally blackmailable by some "power," foreign or domestic...

The rest: One has to wonder what his real "remorse level" actually is. The child, what a set of sociopath genes that poor child inherited... If he is indicted, then Hunter should be too... co-equally culpable in the scam...

Thank God this douchebag didn't become President. What a legal mess we'd be in now if he had.

You got that right.

I can still see him on TV with his wife and children. Campaigning. Hell. They looked like homemade apple pie and the all American dream come true.

Douchebag is too good a word to describe Edwards.

What a fucking loser.

Accepting "gifts" of money from friends could be a crime if he didn't let the IRS folks in on their generosity.

What I've never understood about this issue is Edwards is extremely wealthy himself. He didn't need outsiders' money to support his babe and eventually baby.
He was hiding it from his wife- she probably kept a tight reign on the purse strings and was aware of every dollar spent. Sending $100k to his mistress would have raised red flags with her. This was easier, and sleazier.

As for the IRS - if he didn't pay taxes on the "gifts" he should! Along with interest and penalties. But I still don't think this rises to "criminal" action.

Yeah let's not pretend this is a partisan issue, both sides have their share and more of human scum.

Kudos to Edwards, it's hard to stand out from the rest of US politicians as immoral scum but he accomplished that feat. Seems the worst offenders are always the ones who prop themselves up the most as family men.

Forum List

Back