Edwards to face criminal charges

Wonky Pundit

USMB's Silent Snowden
Apr 30, 2011
Quisitive
Interesting. He thought he could get away with not only an affair, but using campaign donations to keep his affair secret.

"Mr. Edwards, 57, has been the subject of a two-year investigation into whether he used more than $1 million from political donors to hide his affair while he ran for president in 2008. Investigators have said that the money came from two top donors — Rachel Mellon, the heiress to the Mellon fortune known as Bunny, and Fred Baron, Mr. Edward’s finance chairman, who died in 2008.
Investigators contend that some of the money was used to support and essentially hide Ms. Hunter as well as her daughter, whom Mr. Edwards eventually admitted he had fathered. The money could be considered campaign contributions if prosecutors can show that Mr. Edwards helped orchestrate donations to hide Ms. Hunter or that he knew the money would be used to keep the affair hidden so it would not hurt his candidacy. "

Source

You know, I was listening to the story in the car on my way to work this morning. And all I could wonder is... "was she worth it?". He wrecked his marriage. Hurt his kids. Destroyed his chances for future political office (at least that's how it looks now) and might be charged and/or convicted of a crime.

Sometimes smart people are really stupid.

You know, I was listening to the story in the car on my way to work this morning. And all I could wonder is... "was she worth it?". He wrecked his marriage. Hurt his kids. Destroyed his chances for future political office (at least that's how it looks now) and might be charged and/or convicted of a crime.

My theory is that when people grow extremely narcissistic, they get the idea that whatever they do, they'll never get caught. Then they start testing that theory - and of course, they fail.

Poor guy's gonna be "loved" in prison.
He had so much going for him. Wife, popularity, etc.
I hate to see when people phuck-up their lives like this.

Interesting. He thought he could get away with not only an affair, but using campaign donations to keep his affair secret.

"Mr. Edwards, 57, has been the subject of a two-year investigation into whether he used more than $1 million from political donors to hide his affair while he ran for president in 2008. Investigators have said that the money came from two top donors — Rachel Mellon, the heiress to the Mellon fortune known as Bunny, and Fred Baron, Mr. Edward’s finance chairman, who died in 2008.
Investigators contend that some of the money was used to support and essentially hide Ms. Hunter as well as her daughter, whom Mr. Edwards eventually admitted he had fathered. The money could be considered campaign contributions if prosecutors can show that Mr. Edwards helped orchestrate donations to hide Ms. Hunter or that he knew the money would be used to keep the affair hidden so it would not hurt his candidacy. "

Source

What an idiot this guy is... despite the fact he screwed around on his wife, to do it while the woman is battling cancer is just despicable. I hope he gets what he deserves.

My theory is that when people grow extremely narcissistic, they get the idea that whatever they do, they'll never get caught. Then they start testing that theory - and of course, they fail.

Narcissistic... arrogant... they start believing their own press and are surrounded by sycophants.

O, when she is angry she is keen and shrewd; / She was a vixen when she went to school, / And though she be but little, she is fierce. — Shakespeare

Sure it's not Jane's Adiction?

It's a shame. Pride truly comes before the fall. I hope this is a lesson for everyone and not a moment where people are thinking "haha look at that loser". Anyone can fall because of hubris

would you consider voting for him for office in the future?

would you consider voting for him for office in the future?

me? it would depend. i tend not to vote for people based on whether they have an affair or not. if he's convicted, it's not likely he'll ever run for anything again. but the truth is that people have short memories and are pretty long on forgiveness. so who knows?

ollie north is a celebrity. he should have done jail time. :dunno:

as for whether i would vote for him. i never say never. it would depend what he was running for and who was running against him. and that's as honest as I can be on the subject.

Should Obama be on trial for his illegal Libyan War for European oil interests?

Or on trial for stealing 787 billion, calling it a shovel ready stimulus to create jobs, then giving it to his friends, fucking over the American people?

Your thoughts are welcomed

Source
This is what happens when men in powerful places become so arrogant, decide to think with their....you know. Member..Trying not to be crude.

Thank God this douchebag didn't become President. What a legal mess we'd be in now if he had.

My question is if he did, would his party rally around him like they did when Clinton committed crimes?

Bill Clinton, impeached disbarred perjurer
John Edwards, Adulterating thief
John Kerry, Tax Cheat
Tom Daschle, Tax Cheat
Tim Geitner, Tax Cheat
Claire McCaskill, Tax Cheat
Charlie Rangal, Tax Cheat
Pete Stark, Tax Cheat
Robert Wexler, Tax Cheat
Obama Hussien, Real Estate thief

Why is anyone surprised here?

Democrats are scum