Education is actually indoctrination

Might try reading my post again and If you still need help, let me know.

Education is dangerous. Do you know how many mothers broke their wooden spoons on their children's butts whilst inspiring then for education? And worse for you if you are the wooden spoon.

Do you want to try again? Who, on this thread, has indicated a fear of education? Read slowly and carefully.
I guess I'm going to end up trying to help you after all. I am talking about the population in general off and on these boards. These boards may indicates fear of education but is it a fear of education or a fear of spending money trying to educate those that might become liberal with education; is it a fear of labor unions becoming more powerful, what is the fear? Is it simply a case of I got my education so to educate more diminishes my status?

Fear of unions is fear of having decent working conditions. Some are fully against that.

Do you want to try again? Who, on this thread, has indicated a fear of education? Read slowly and carefully.
I guess I'm going to end up trying to help you after all. I am talking about the population in general off and on these boards. These boards may indicates fear of education but is it a fear of education or a fear of spending money trying to educate those that might become liberal with education; is it a fear of labor unions becoming more powerful, what is the fear? Is it simply a case of I got my education so to educate more diminishes my status?

In other words, nobody. You were just being a little drama-queen until shamed into being even somewhat honest.

Fear of unions is fear of having decent working conditions. Some are fully against that.

What union ever suggested that workers know accounting or that it be mandatory in the schools. JOBS are for income but isn't what is done with the money afterward important.

So the UAW members went into debt to buy cars designed to become obsolete like everyone else.

Public schooling is not here to learn and educate childeren, but to
make childrend dumb, conformists, a- creative , stupid and what have you,

It is here to indoctrinate children with bollocks and shite.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. -Mark Twain

If education = indoctrination, I do have to admity that you appear to be one of the least well-indoctrinated peopple here.

.....and all things considered, that is saying quite a lot!

and yes, people here first don't read very well.

I stated very well I am all for education! hank you very much.

Secondly, people still confuse indoctrination with education.

The WHOLE idea of public schools is indoctrinationm NOT education!

I am not afreaid for real education at all, as some very very very strange peolple have put up here. I am all for that!

I am against indoctrination.

Please give me a SPECIFIC example where a teacher tells lies.
What do you believe are not lies?

You did not answer these Q's:
Who are better for educating our kids than trained teachers?
Uneducated parents?

I DID answer: evolution, physics etc etc.

I really think uneducated parents are better then trained teachres, yes!

You don't seem to understand that trained teachers are here to dumb the children down.

provable so.

So, uneducated parents are much better!

They don't rape the children's mind!
I really think uneducated parents are better then trained teachres, yes

teachres

you were home skooled weren't you

It's not the same everywhere. This is what I was referring to in my last post about intelligence. Public school in most of Europe isn't like American public school from what I've read so saying it's all the same just to justify your rant deserves an ad hom.

Well. there are of course small cultural differences but the teachings are

at it's core the same.

But there is indeed one things the stupid american teachers do and that is
a very destructive way of teaching and it is called "common core"

That maked indoctrination even worse then it was!

Why do you think this? Common Core is pretty limited and isn't mandatory. I have more of a problem with too strong a focus on STEM subjects. Too many people today think public school is just for preparing a student for the workforce and the liberal arts focus just isn't there like it used to be in some districts.

I'd have to disagree about the focus on stem being the problem. I went to high school in the late 70s and took what would now be a very heavy stem type curriculum. I had time for art(no music, I have no talent), and played sports year around. From parents I speak to today the waste in their opinion is the over burden of "social" indoctrination. As I've heard parents say more than once, kids can tell you all about billies 2 mommies and anal sex but they can't read. Flippant I know but makes the point. Now I don't have a problem with billies 2 mommies but it shouldn't be the schools job. Teach them critical thinking skills let them make up their own minds.

I often hear it's worse at the university level. I recently watched a video where a prof was talking about a colleague who was required to incorporate social justice into her lecture on tuberous root vegetables. Youtube is full of videos of college students
that could not find texas on a map or tell you the date of the end of the civil war with 100 years, but they can tell you why saying God bless you when some one sneezes is a "micrro-agression. And the worst part is they speak of these social ideas with the same absolute certainty that a scientist would describing water evaporating. Teaching critical thinking skills is a thing of the past.
Teaching critical thinking skills is a thing of the past.
To teach critical thinking, children need to be exposed to different ideas, such as showing the other side of manifest destiny, the reality of poverty among minorities, both sides of the global warming and even evolutionary debates. Some parents would consider this "indoctrination" because they disagree with one side or the other. Think of the uproar in Virginia over a teacher having the high school students trace a Muslim phrase they didn't even know the translation of.
I intensely dislike having education called indoctrination. When the government allows only one side of an issue to be presented, it can be called indoctrination. When it asks that BOTH sides be presented, it is fair, challenging and what I would expect my child to learn. I work with a curriculum designed around Common Core expectations and there is nothing sinister about it. It is designed to address the problem of rote learning that has been mentioned here.
As for social indoctrination, your examples are grossly exaggerated and I would bet you money that you have never actually encountered a college student that was offended by God Bless You. Not being able to find Texas, alas, I believe.
A way of teaching is called curriculum. What you teach is called standards. Common Core is a set of standards.

Nope, it is an EXTREMELY STUPID set of standards
It is no different than the standards you were taught! They are just being set down in logical sequence by grade level. No one says it's easy to understand the language of the standards -- believe me, I know -- but there is nothing evil in them. They encourage rigor and analysis and creative thought. What you call "critical thinking."

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1

well [sic], ... then point out where my english [sic] is wrong and while you are at it, please state the level of you [sic] edu oeps [sic] indoctrination, thank you [sic].

There are at least five errors in that supposed sentence, you idiot.

It's not the same everywhere. This is what I was referring to in my last post about intelligence. Public school in most of Europe isn't like American public school from what I've read so saying it's all the same just to justify your rant deserves an ad hom.

Well. there are of course small cultural differences but the teachings are

at it's core the same.

But there is indeed one things the stupid american teachers do and that is
a very destructive way of teaching and it is called "common core"

That maked indoctrination even worse then it was!

Why do you think this? Common Core is pretty limited and isn't mandatory. I have more of a problem with too strong a focus on STEM subjects. Too many people today think public school is just for preparing a student for the workforce and the liberal arts focus just isn't there like it used to be in some districts.

I'd have to disagree about the focus on stem being the problem. I went to high school in the late 70s and took what would now be a very heavy stem type curriculum. I had time for art(no music, I have no talent), and played sports year around. From parents I speak to today the waste in their opinion is the over burden of "social" indoctrination. As I've heard parents say more than once, kids can tell you all about billies 2 mommies and anal sex but they can't read. Flippant I know but makes the point. Now I don't have a problem with billies 2 mommies but it shouldn't be the schools job. Teach them critical thinking skills let them make up their own minds.

I often hear it's worse at the university level. I recently watched a video where a prof was talking about a colleague who was required to incorporate social justice into her lecture on tuberous root vegetables. Youtube is full of videos of college students
that could not find texas on a map or tell you the date of the end of the civil war with 100 years, but they can tell you why saying God bless you when some one sneezes is a "micrro-agression. And the worst part is they speak of these social ideas with the same absolute certainty that a scientist would describing water evaporating. Teaching critical thinking skills is a thing of the past.
Teaching critical thinking skills is a thing of the past.
To teach critical thinking, children need to be exposed to different ideas, such as showing the other side of manifest destiny, the reality of poverty among minorities, both sides of the global warming and even evolutionary debates. Some parents would consider this "indoctrination" because they disagree with one side or the other. Think of the uproar in Virginia over a teacher having the high school students trace a Muslim phrase they didn't even know the translation of.
I intensely dislike having education called indoctrination. When the government allows only one side of an issue to be presented, it can be called indoctrination. When it asks that BOTH sides be presented, it is fair, challenging and what I would expect my child to learn. I work with a curriculum designed around Common Core expectations and there is nothing sinister about it. It is designed to address the problem of rote learning that has been mentioned here.
As for social indoctrination, your examples are grossly exaggerated and I would bet you money that you have never actually encountered a college student that was offended by God Bless You. Not being able to find Texas, alas, I believe.
A way of teaching is called curriculum. What you teach is called standards. Common Core is a set of standards.

Nope, it is an EXTREMELY STUPID set of standards
It is no different than the standards you were taught! They are just being set down in logical sequence by grade level. No one says it's easy to understand the language of the standards -- believe me, I know -- but there is nothing evil in them. They encourage rigor and analysis and creative thought. What you call "critical thinking."

I agree with a lot, but Common Core??? Pleeeassseeee

Forum List

Back