Education is actually indoctrination

It's not the same everywhere. This is what I was referring to in my last post about intelligence. Public school in most of Europe isn't like American public school from what I've read so saying it's all the same just to justify your rant deserves an ad hom.

Well. there are of course small cultural differences but the teachings are

at it's core the same.

But there is indeed one things the stupid american teachers do and that is
a very destructive way of teaching and it is called "common core"

That maked indoctrination even worse then it was!

Why do you think this? Common Core is pretty limited and isn't mandatory. I have more of a problem with too strong a focus on STEM subjects. Too many people today think public school is just for preparing a student for the workforce and the liberal arts focus just isn't there like it used to be in some districts.

Duh? Have yu even looked at Common Core?

Too many people today think public school is just for preparing a student for the workforce and the liberal arts focus just isn't there like it used to be in some districts

Of course it is! It is nothing more to prepare a child for slavery for the rest of his or her life.That is exactly what public schools are designed for!

It's not the same everywhere. This is what I was referring to in my last post about intelligence. Public school in most of Europe isn't like American public school from what I've read so saying it's all the same just to justify your rant deserves an ad hom.

Well. there are of course small cultural differences but the teachings are

at it's core the same.

But there is indeed one things the stupid american teachers do and that is
a very destructive way of teaching and it is called "common core"

That maked indoctrination even worse then it was!

Why do you think this? Common Core is pretty limited and isn't mandatory. I have more of a problem with too strong a focus on STEM subjects. Too many people today think public school is just for preparing a student for the workforce and the liberal arts focus just isn't there like it used to be in some districts.

Duh? Have yu even looked at Comon Core?

Too many people today think public school is just for preparing a student for the workforce and the liberal arts focus just isn't there like it used to be in some districts

Of course it is! It is nothing more to prepare a child for slavery for the rest of his or her life.That is exactly what public schools are designed for!

Your wording leads me to believe you don't know how Common Core works. I am aware of the way my state intends the standards be met.

Teaching to the workforce is actually pretty new here, last 15-20 years or so, even more recent in some states.

Teaching to the workforce is actually pretty new here, last 15-20 years or so, even more recent in some states.

What do you exactly mean with this?

STEM is the big thing now. Some schools don't even teach art or music anymore. Physical education is not what it used to be. My school is talking about making sports pay to play. The liberal arts focus is disappearing in some places.

Some states are really messed up. I'm in Michigan right now, I don't live or work here but I'll use it as an example. Michigan actually left the decision making process for adoption of common core standards to corporations. That's what I'm talking about, the public/private partnership in education is relatively new. It wasn't always this way.

That's what I'm talking about, the public/private partnership in education is relatively new. It wasn't always this way.

Actually, yes, it was always this way, but now, i is coming to the surface

And what to think about the more then ridicul;ous sex 'education' in schools?

All by deasign to destroy the child's brain!

That's what I'm talking about, the public/private partnership in education is relatively new. It wasn't always this way.

Actually, yes, it was always this way, but now, i is coming to the surface

And what to think about the more then ridicul;ous sex 'education' in schools?

All by deasign to destroy the child's brain!

This is why I suggested you stick to your own country on this discussion. you're obviously not familiar with American public education or its history.

You never got around to saying where you went to school. England?

[
This is why I suggested you stick to your own country on this discussion. you're obviously not familiar with American public education or its history.

You never got around to saying where you went to school. England?

No, as I said it is at it's core anywhere the same so it doesn't matter where
I went to school.

e.g. relativity bollocks is the same everywhere.

btw parents, ESPECIALLY IN AMERICA Have to watch this movie.

Very scary!

220px-Race_to_Nowhere_FilmPoster.jpeg

Race to Nowhere: The Film, The Movement

Btw in Finland children have nearly NO EXAMINATIONS or TESTS and

they are the best educated children in the world!

Now, there is something to ponder, right?

Yes, it does. I'm wondering why you mentioned this right after saying things are the same everywhere. Schools in the UK must really suck.

Public schooling is not here to learn and educate childeren, but to
make childrend dumb, conformists, a- creative , stupid and what have you,

It is here to indoctrinate children with bollocks and shite.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. -Mark Twain

Where did you go to school?

An Ad Hominem again!

Ah well, I studied physics and math at university level.................alas.

Now, are you able to stay on topic?

You'll find mostly diversion as a response to these kinds of issues. Some things just hit too close to home.

Last edited:
"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves therefore are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe their minds must be improved to a certain degree."
-- Thomas Jefferson, from 'Notes on the State of Virginia' Query 14

The primary function of public schooling is to fuel the war machine, to maintain a reliable supply of compliant workers and obedient soldiers.

The same people who claim education is indoctrination are the same people who want to home school and / or defund public education. School offers a diversity of points of view and liberal arts along with social science offer viewpoints that challenge conformity. But but this is America and education must create workers not thinkers, athletics not philosophers. Every time I return to online discussions I feel like Yogi Berra, deja vu all over....

'William Deresiewicz's 'Excellent Sheep: The Miseducation of the American Elite and the Way to a Meaningful Life'
The Liberal Arts vs. Neoliberalism | Commonweal Magazine

'Key & Peele Imagines What It’d Be Like if We Obsessed Over Teachers the Way We Do Athletes'
Key & Peele Imagines What It’d Be Like if We Obsessed Over Teachers the Way We Do Athletes

"Thirty years ago, 10 percent of California’s general revenue fund went to higher education and 3 percent to prisons. Today nearly 11 percent goes to prisons and 8 percent to higher education." Friedman/Mandelbaum in 'That Used To Be Us'

'The U.S. Is Letting Poor Kids Fall Further and Further Behind in Reading'
The U.S. Is Letting Poor Kids Fall Further and Further Behind in Reading

"The Nordic countries maintain their dynamism despite high taxation in several ways. Most important, they spend lavishly on research and development and higher education. All of them, but especially Sweden and Finland, have taken to the sweeping revolution in information and communications technology and leveraged it to gain global competitiveness. Sweden now spends nearly 4 percent of GDP on R&D, the highest ratio in the world today. On average, the Nordic nations spend 3 percent of GDP on R&D, compared with around 2 percent in the English-speaking nations." Jeffrey D. Sachs The Social Welfare State, beyond Ideology

"Consider how effectively America's future citizens are trained not to judge for themselves about anything. From the first grade to the twelfth, from one coast to the other, instruction in America's classrooms is almost entirely dogmatic. Answers are "right" and answers are "wrong," but mostly answers are short. "At all levels, [teacher-made] tests called almost exclusively for short answers and recall of information," reports Goodlad. In more than 1,000 classrooms visited by his researchers, "only rarely" was there "evidence to suggest instruction likely to go much beyond mere possession of information to a level of understanding its implications." Goodlad goes on to note that "the intellectual terrain is laid out by the teacher. The paths for walking through it are largely predetermined by the teacher." The give-and-take of genuine discussion is conspicuously absent. "Not even 1%" of instructional time, he found, was devoted to discussions that "required some kind of open response involving reasoning or perhaps an opinion from students.... The extraordinary degree of student passivity stands out." Why Johnny Can't Think

PoliticalChic's Review of "Waiting for Superman"
Education Then and Now
Education Then and Now
Conservatives Battle Liberals In The Classroom

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1

Yes, it does. I'm wondering why you mentioned this right after saying things are the same everywhere. Schools in the UK must really suck.

Well, Finland is indeed an exception, you are right there.

UK must suck? Why UK? they suck, nealy, everywhere.

The same people who claim education is indoctrination are the same people who want to home school and / or defund public education. School offers a diversity of points of view and liberal arts along with social science offer viewpoints that challenge conformity. But but this is America and education must create workers not thinkers, athletics not philosophers. Every time I return to online discussions I feel like Yogi Berra, deja vu all over....

'William Deresiewicz's 'Excellent Sheep: The Miseducation of the American Elite and the Way to a Meaningful Life'
The Liberal Arts vs. Neoliberalism | Commonweal Magazine

'Key & Peele Imagines What It’d Be Like if We Obsessed Over Teachers the Way We Do Athletes'
Key & Peele Imagines What It’d Be Like if We Obsessed Over Teachers the Way We Do Athletes

"Thirty years ago, 10 percent of California’s general revenue fund went to higher education and 3 percent to prisons. Today nearly 11 percent goes to prisons and 8 percent to higher education." Friedman/Mandelbaum in 'That Used To Be Us'

'The U.S. Is Letting Poor Kids Fall Further and Further Behind in Reading'
The U.S. Is Letting Poor Kids Fall Further and Further Behind in Reading

"The Nordic countries maintain their dynamism despite high taxation in several ways. Most important, they spend lavishly on research and development and higher education. All of them, but especially Sweden and Finland, have taken to the sweeping revolution in information and communications technology and leveraged it to gain global competitiveness. Sweden now spends nearly 4 percent of GDP on R&D, the highest ratio in the world today. On average, the Nordic nations spend 3 percent of GDP on R&D, compared with around 2 percent in the English-speaking nations." Jeffrey D. Sachs The Social Welfare State, beyond Ideology

"Consider how effectively America's future citizens are trained not to judge for themselves about anything. From the first grade to the twelfth, from one coast to the other, instruction in America's classrooms is almost entirely dogmatic. Answers are "right" and answers are "wrong," but mostly answers are short. "At all levels, [teacher-made] tests called almost exclusively for short answers and recall of information," reports Goodlad. In more than 1,000 classrooms visited by his researchers, "only rarely" was there "evidence to suggest instruction likely to go much beyond mere possession of information to a level of understanding its implications." Goodlad goes on to note that "the intellectual terrain is laid out by the teacher. The paths for walking through it are largely predetermined by the teacher." The give-and-take of genuine discussion is conspicuously absent. "Not even 1%" of instructional time, he found, was devoted to discussions that "required some kind of open response involving reasoning or perhaps an opinion from students.... The extraordinary degree of student passivity stands out." Why Johnny Can't Think

PoliticalChic's Review of "Waiting for Superman"
Education Then and Now
Education Then and Now
Conservatives Battle Liberals In The Classroom

very good!

Proof?

What would you consider proof? A teacher for 25 years in new york who found this out? or what?

Proof?

What would you consider proof? A teacher for 25 years in new york who found this out? or what?

I don't think you'll find a smoking gun but giving examples which led you to your opinion would be nice.

Forum List

Back