Ed Schultz Calls Out Hannity Twice To A Debate, Hannity Cowers Like A Bitch

When you're on the bottom of the TV ratings heap you do anything to get attention. When you're at or near the top however, you recognize the attempt for what it is and ignore it.

The nobodies always want to debate the incumbent. Helps their exposure.

I love all the excuses you right wing hacks are making up for that punk bitch Hannity running away like a pussy :lol:

It's not an excuse Black Label, it's a fact, deal with it.

Are you sure you wanted to put it that way? :lol:

Why should he debate with Ed Schultz, who has such a small amount of viewers compared to Hannity.
Ed is doing this to try and get better ratings, what a loser.
Ed Schultz - 127,000
Hannity 356,000
Ratings - TVNewser

You' re saying... audience size matters? :eek:

Whatever point you bring to a debate has nothing to do with how many people are watching. Not for the purpose of the point it doesn't. Now, if your goal in such debate is strictly entertainment and the point takes a back seat, well Bob's your uncle.

I'm saying popularity counts, that is how you get high ratings or low ratings.
Ed's points are so far out there and he is so boring, that many are not interested in what he has to say.
It's about competition Pogo and boring points do not interest anyone.

Why should he debate with Ed Schultz, who has such a small amount of viewers compared to Hannity.
Ed is doing this to try and get better ratings, what a loser.
Ed Schultz - 127,000
Hannity 356,000
Ratings - TVNewser

You' re saying... audience size matters? :eek:

Whatever point you bring to a debate has nothing to do with how many people are watching. Not for the purpose of the point it doesn't. Now, if your goal in such debate is strictly entertainment and the point takes a back seat, well Bob's your uncle.

Ed's points are so far out there and he is so boring, that many are not interested in what he has to say.

Points (rhetorical ones) are not what drives ratings anyway, so that's a non-issue.

There are two questions at work here: (1) should Hannity accept Schultz's challenge for the sake of ratings, and (2) should Hannity accept Schultz's challenge for the sake of ideology.

As far as ratings, you're quite correct that -- on the surface anyway-- Schultz would have more to gain than Hannity, like the political debate analogy. Schultz simply needs the bump more, commercially speaking. On the other hand, an argument on ideology is an entirely different question and has nothing to do with audience sizes or commercial impact.

That said, Hannity could certainly milk this match for points of his own, a chance to beat up on the enemy in a direct way, with his own counterpart. Don't think that wouldn't draw audience for its circus factor to his side too. So that leaves the ideological. If Hannity were confident in his ability to take it on, he could gain on both fronts.

Again, like the electoral analogy, the candidate who's comfortably ahead in the polls doesn't want to risk embarrassing questions being brought up and says no to debating his opponent.

Exactly. Infotainment isn't about politics, it's about gaining ratings by validating what the likely audience already believes. It's not that Schulz and people like him don't have a potential audience because they do, unfortunately for them that audience is watching "American Idol" and "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" instead of watching the news networks.

If Schultz really understood his own industry he'd want to debate Bruce Jenner or Kanye West in order to attract new viewers, not Sean Hannity.

Exactly. Infotainment isn't about politics, it's about gaining ratings by validating what the likely audience already believes. It's not that Schulz and people like him don't have a potential audience because they do, unfortunately for them that audience is watching "American Idol" and "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" instead of watching the news networks.

If Schultz really understood his own industry he'd want to debate Bruce Jenner or Kanye West in order to attract new viewers, not Sean Hannity.

Who the fuck is Bruce Jenner?

I'm only marginally familiar with Kanye West but what does he know about politics?

People don't want to hear the stupid things that Schultz says.
You never hear Hannity saying things like Schultz says "‘we ought to rip out Dick Cheney’s heart, stomp on it, and shove it back in him.’
You can't have a real debate with someone who says stupid things like Schultz says.

You never hear Hannity saying things like Schultz says "‘we ought to rip out Dick Cheney’s heart, stomp on it, and shove it back in him.’
You can't have a real debate with someone who says stupid things like Schultz says.

That would be a stupid thing to do. Why shove it back in? :confused:

I'm only marginally familiar with Kanye West but what does he know about politics?

He doesn't need to know anything about politics and neither does Schulz, that's the point. Schulz's job isn't politics, it's to make people feel good about what they already believe, as it is for every other talking head. That's why debating Hannity won't do anything for his ratings and won't do anything long-term for his salary, Schulz needs to go find other people in different audiences who might agree with him and start watching him if they knew he had a show.

When you're on the bottom of the TV ratings heap you do anything to get attention. When you're at or near the top however, you recognize the attempt for what it is and ignore it.

I love all the excuses you right wing hacks are making up for that punk bitch Hannity running away like a pussy :lol:[/QUOTE

He's probably afraid Schultz will bring up the waterboarding.

Did a quick peek over at Hannity.....they're afraid to even discuss it.

Last edited:

That would be a stupid thing to do. Why shove it back in? :confused:

Exactly :lol:, but that is exactly what Ed Schultz said.
This is the point we are making, Ed Schultz says stupid things like that all the time and his ratings are low because of his idiotic remarks.

Last edited:
Not that this is to anyone's surprise. Hannity like all those on the far right have been doing nothing but spreading outright lies and other BS. Schultz has been putting Hannity in his place and has now twice in the past month called out Hannity to debate him, and as expected, Hannity ran away like the punk bitch his is.

That's how those are on the far right, they act like tough guys, then roll over like cowards when they are called out,..

Sean Hannity Rejects ?Total Buffoon? Ed Schultz?s Debate Challenge | Mediaite

There is a tactic of war where you can frustrate the opposing general and gain advantage over his forces by denying them battle.

Hannity should avoid giving Schultz the appearance of equality.

Schultz is a compassionate man who uses his brain a bit, sometimes and to a limited level or degree.

Hannity is a smart man with a big heart.

Last edited:
Fuck Schultz and fuck Hannity.

Couple of damn blowhards who contribute nothing to the discourse.

No, that's a cop out and it won't help you get chicks either, I think.

Pick a side. Either side. Then you will be forced to find out whether you belong to that side or not.

Once you realize that the Democrat party is primarily a feminized party you will be better able to choose the right one for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I love all the excuses you right wing hacks are making up for that punk bitch Hannity running away like a pussy :lol:[/QUOTE

Judge the man by the forum? I don't think so bod.

If this "debate" were to come to fruition, I'll be sure not to watch it. Two simplistic, shallow, bombastic partisan ideologues shouting hyperbolic, boilerplate winger slogans at each other. A couple of narcissistic division pimps accomplishing absolutely nothing outside of firing up their sheep.

No thanks.

What turned me off on Schultzie was the shoo-in election the Demwits lost to replace the crook Duke Cunningham. Eddie suggested that the Party should have sent a skilled campaign manager, not even mentioning that the Donkeys' bimbo lost because she said we should have open borders and give citizenship to anyone with a wet back.

I love all the excuses you right wing hacks are making up for that punk bitch Hannity running away like a pussy :lol:

Hannity doesn't want to make people like you think Schultz is in the same league as Sean.

When you figure out it's not a matter of courage but of wits, you may be on your way to becoming a leader of men.

Before then you are not unlike an expendable chess piece.

Last edited:
Hannity is just too darn nice. I swear he is still too cutie patoutie. I like radio dudes like the red eye boys. Intelligent and witty and feisty.

Not that Sean doesn't have his place in the sun on radio. He is beyond fair and balanced. Really good guests and Hannity will engage now. Watched him grow all these years.

He's come a long way from Alabama baby!

Hannity doesn't want to make people like you think Schultz is in the same league as Sean.

When you figure out it's not a matter of courage but of wits, you may be on your way to becoming a leader of men.

Before then you are not unlike an expendable chess piece.

There's a reason he's right behind Rush.

He really is a good talker.

Forum List

Back