Easter - ABC Style

But other Religions are OK by the same non-christian taxpayers.

It is fine by libs to attack Christians

quit changing the subject and answer the fucking question.

HOW DOES CHANGING THE NAME OF THE DECEMBER SCHOOL VACATION FROM CHRISTMAS VACATION TO WINTER VACATION RUIN THE HOLIDAY FOR ANYONE?????

and I think that all religious observances should be kept out of school unless taught in some historical comparative context.

quit changing the subject and answer the fucking question.

HOW DOES CHANGING THE NAME OF THE DECEMBER SCHOOL VACATION FROM CHRISTMAS VACATION TO WINTER VACATION RUIN THE HOLIDAY FOR ANYONE?????

and I think that all religious observances should be kept out of school unless taught in some historical comparative context.

Translation - stop with the facts it is killing me

Translation - stop with the facts it is killing me

translation: RSR said that when a school changed the name of the december vacation from Christmas vacation to winter vacation, it RUINED the holiday for everyone.

I have been patiently trying to get him to explain how that could possibly happen and he continually runs away from answering it.

translation: RSR said that when a school changed the name of the december vacation from Christmas vacation to winter vacation, it RUINED the holiday for everyone.

I have been patiently trying to get him to explain how that could possibly happen and he continually runs away from answering it.

Translation - we libs have to make sure non Christians are not offended

If Christains are offended - screw em

can you please show me how the name changed ruined christmas? yes or no

Why are libs changing the name in the first place?

They want to remove any and all references of God from the public view

So they attack Christmas, now Easter

Why are libs changing the name in the first place?

They want to remove any and all references of God from the public view

So they attack Christmas, now Easter

I will answer your question:

It is not just liberals, but non-Christian taxpayers of all political persuasions who are complaining. Earlier in our history, we were nearly ALL Christians. In the last century, many people have moved to AMerica who are not Christians...many of them pay taxes and send their children to public school funded by their taxes. They only ask that CHristians keep their christianity in their OWN lives and not insert it into the lives of THEIR children. As a devout Christian myself, I have absolutely no problem with that. Christmas is a holiday that my family celebrates in our home, in our neighborhood, in out comunity and in our church. We do not feel that it needs to be in our schools as well.... because we understand and are sympathetic to non-Christians. There. I answered YOUR question.

Now...please just answer my question:

how does changing the name RUIN the holiday?

I will answer your question:

It is not just liberals, but non-Christian taxpayers of all political persuasions who are complaining. Earlier in our history, we were nearly ALL Christians. In the last century, many people have moved to AMerica who are not Christians...many of them pay taxes and send their children to public school funded by their taxes. They only ask that CHristians keep their christianity in their OWN lives and not insert it into the lives of THEIR children. As a devout Christian myself, I have absolutely no problem with that. Christmas is a holiday that my family celebrates in our home, in our neighborhood, in out comunity and in our church. We do not feel that it needs to be in our schools as well.... because we understand and are sympathetic to non-Christians. There. I answered YOUR question.

Now...please just answer my question:

how does changing the name RUIN the holiday?

But those same non Christians want their Religion in the schools - and the libs have no objection

If you move to America - do not try to change America to the way you want it

But those same non Christians want their Religion in the schools - and the libs have no objection

If you move to America - do not try to change America to the way you want it

I disagree...I know of no muslims or buddhists that wish their religions to be observed in schools to the exclusion of others.

and look....I answered your question...thoughtfully and honestly. WHy the FUCK can't you answer MINE?????

I disagree...I know of no muslims or buddhists that wish their religions to be observed in schools to the exclusion of others.

and look....I answered your question...thoughtfully and honestly. WHy the FUCK can't you answer MINE?????

You must have missed this one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOLIDAY BLUES
Christmas carols banned,
but Hanukkah songs OK
District axes 'dogmatic religious statements,' yet suggesting Jewish themes more cultural

Posted: December 6, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Religious-liberty attorneys have contacted a Wisconsin school district that consistently forbids Christian Christmas carols from being sung in music programs but finds nothing wrong with Hanukkah songs.

According to law firm Liberty Counsel, the Glendale-River Hills School District of Glendale, Wis., has a written policy saying songs with "dogmatic religious statements" are strictly forbidden.

A statement from Liberty Counsel tells the story of Barbara Wheeler, whose 9-year-old daughter attends school in the district. In 2003, when the district's music programs excluded religious Christmas songs, Wheeler complained about their absence. School officials said they would get back to her, but they reportedly never did. Last year, Wheeler voiced complaints to the district in mid-November, but school officials said the songs already were set.

This year, when the school's music program contained Hanukkah and secular Christmas songs but no religious Christmas songs, Wheeler again objected.

That's when the mother was referred to the district's written policy:

"Music programs given at times close to religious holidays should not use the religious aspect of these holidays as the underlying motive or theme. No songs should be sung which contain dogmatic religious statements."

According to Liberty Counsel, Frances Smith, the district administrator, says the Hanukkah songs are more cultural than spiritual and thus are OK to sing.

On behalf of Wheeler, Liberty Counsel has written a demand letter to the district, stating that the school's policy is unconstitutional. Included was the law firm's Friend or Foe Christmas memo, which addresses the legality of celebrating Christmas.

The letter requests that the district immediately change its policy and include religious Christmas songs. Failure to respond favorably will subject the district to a lawsuit, Liberty Counsel says.

"The intent of the school district's policy is clear – 'Frosty the Snowman' is in, 'My Dreidel' is in, 'Silent Night' is out," said Mat Staver, Liberty Counsel president and general counsel. "How much more ridiculous can it get when 96 percent of Americans celebrate Christmas, but the school district pretends like Christmas is merely a ghost of Christmas past."

The organization's Friend or Foe Christmas Campaign urges churches to run Friend or Foe ads in their local newspapers.

Controversy over Christmas and its celebration in the public square has reached a fever pitch this year with battles raging over everything from what to call evergreen trees to whether or not retailers allow their employees to wish customers a "merry Christmas."

Frosty the Snowman is in... Dreidel is in... silent night is out...where is that including one religion and not another?

and will you PLEASE answer my questions with your own words instead of always posting articles written by others?

I am an optimist. I believe that somewhere in that small clump fo cells that passes for RSR's brain, there exists some small flicker of intellect and humanity. I have not given up on trying to reach it.

Frosty the Snowman is in... Dreidel is in... silent night is out...where is that including one religion and not another?

and will you PLEASE answer my questions with your own words instead of always posting articles written by others?

Christmas carols banned, but Hanukkah songs OK?????

Libs version of being fair and balanced?

Christmas carols banned, but Hanukkah songs OK?????

Libs version of being fair and balanced?

Dreidel dreidel .....

here are the lyrics. Please copy this post and highlight those sentences which have any religious content:

have a little dreidel
I made it out of clay
And when it's dry and ready
Then dreidel I shall play!

chorus:
Oh - dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
I made it out of clay
And when it's dry and ready
Then dreidel I shall play!

It has a lovely body
With legs so short and thin
And when my dreidel’s tired
It drops and then I win!

chorus

My dreidel’s always playful
It loves to dance and spin
A happy game of dreidel
Come play now, let’s begin!

chorus

show me how that is anymore (or less) of a hanukhah song than frosty the snowman is a christmas song.

You will never get it

If libs do not get their way - they sue

If you disagree with libs - you are attacked

If you make valid points - they do the liberal two step

You will never get it

If libs do not get their way - they sue

If you disagree with libs - you are attacked

If you make valid points - they do the liberal two step

so you are not going to show me the religious content of the " hanukhah song"?

I didn't think so.

to libs Christianity is bad

other Religions are good

what are you talking about? You were the one who called Dreidel Dreidel a Hanukhah song.....

I have said that I don't think that any religion has a place in public schools unless it is taught in a comparative religion class.

When will YOU tell me how a school calling december vacation Winter vacation instead of Christmas vacation RUINS the Holiday?

Forum List

Back