E. Asian kids rejected by racist university admission policies hired by google.

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
Hilarious, and good for him!!!!!

Stanley Zhong, an 18-year-old high school graduate, has been hired by Google after being rejected by 16 colleges out of the 18 he applied to.

About Zhong:
Zhong graduated from Gunn High School in Palo Alto, California, with impressive credentials, including a 3.97 unweighted GPA, a 4.42 weighted GPA and a near-perfect SAT score of 1590. During his sophomore year, he also founded his own startup called RabbitSign, which offers unlimited free e-signing.

Rejection letters: Although Zhong did not expect to be accepted to some schools like Stanford and MIT, the teen was surprised when he received college rejection letters from state schools.

ā€œSome of the state schools I really thought, you know, I had a good chance and turns out a bit of a chance I had, I didn't get in,ā€ Zhong told ABC7 News.

More from NextShark: SF attorney seeks publicā€™s help identifying man who attacked his elderly parents in Bay Area

To name a few, Zhong was rejected by MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UCLA and UCSD. His only acceptances were from the University of Texas and the University of Maryland.

Google offers Zhong a job: Despite the college rejections, Zhong received a full-time software engineering job offer from California-based tech giant Google. While he initially planned to attend the University of Texas, he decided to put college on hold to take the software engineering job.

ā€œI actually went to the University of Texasā€™s orientation,ā€ Zhong shared. ā€œBut once the Google offer came through, I thought this was a good opportunity. Iā€™m going to take it, and weā€™ll see in a year from now, do I still want to attend University of Texas or should I stick with Google?ā€

More from NextShark: James Corden Plans Change for ā€˜Spill Your Gutsā€™ Segment After Criticism Over Mocking Asian Food

College admissions discussions:
Zhongā€™s story was reportedly brought up during a House Committee on Education and the Workforce hearing on Sept. 28, which discussed the impact of the Supreme Court's decision to ban affirmative action in college admissions.

Zhongā€™s father, Nan, also shared his story on some parent chat groups and blogs, leading to its prominence amid the national conversation on elite college admissions.

Advocating for transparency: Zhong and his family said they are sharing their story to spark conversation and advocate for transparency in the college admissions process.

More from NextShark: Chinese dissident Ai Weiwei sparks outrage among social media followers over vaccine refusal meme post

ā€œOne of the main things that weā€™re pushing for is transparency,ā€ Zhong says. ā€œWhen my story [was] shared, we heard a lot of speculation about why I didnā€™t get in and what the reasons couldā€™ve beenā€¦ There shouldnā€™t really need to be a need for speculation. If we get rejected, we should be able to look at the reasons why. We shouldnā€™t just have to blindly guess in the dark about a black box process.ā€

Hilarious, and good for him!!!!!

Stanley Zhong, an 18-year-old high school graduate, has been hired by Google after being rejected by 16 colleges out of the 18 he applied to.

About Zhong:
Zhong graduated from Gunn High School in Palo Alto, California, with impressive credentials, including a 3.97 unweighted GPA, a 4.42 weighted GPA and a near-perfect SAT score of 1590. During his sophomore year, he also founded his own startup called RabbitSign, which offers unlimited free e-signing.

Rejection letters: Although Zhong did not expect to be accepted to some schools like Stanford and MIT, the teen was surprised when he received college rejection letters from state schools.

ā€œSome of the state schools I really thought, you know, I had a good chance and turns out a bit of a chance I had, I didn't get in,ā€ Zhong told ABC7 News.

More from NextShark: SF attorney seeks publicā€™s help identifying man who attacked his elderly parents in Bay Area

To name a few, Zhong was rejected by MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UCLA and UCSD. His only acceptances were from the University of Texas and the University of Maryland.

Google offers Zhong a job: Despite the college rejections, Zhong received a full-time software engineering job offer from California-based tech giant Google. While he initially planned to attend the University of Texas, he decided to put college on hold to take the software engineering job.

ā€œI actually went to the University of Texasā€™s orientation,ā€ Zhong shared. ā€œBut once the Google offer came through, I thought this was a good opportunity. Iā€™m going to take it, and weā€™ll see in a year from now, do I still want to attend University of Texas or should I stick with Google?ā€

More from NextShark: James Corden Plans Change for ā€˜Spill Your Gutsā€™ Segment After Criticism Over Mocking Asian Food

College admissions discussions:
Zhongā€™s story was reportedly brought up during a House Committee on Education and the Workforce hearing on Sept. 28, which discussed the impact of the Supreme Court's decision to ban affirmative action in college admissions.

Zhongā€™s father, Nan, also shared his story on some parent chat groups and blogs, leading to its prominence amid the national conversation on elite college admissions.

Advocating for transparency: Zhong and his family said they are sharing their story to spark conversation and advocate for transparency in the college admissions process.

More from NextShark: Chinese dissident Ai Weiwei sparks outrage among social media followers over vaccine refusal meme post

ā€œOne of the main things that weā€™re pushing for is transparency,ā€ Zhong says. ā€œWhen my story [was] shared, we heard a lot of speculation about why I didnā€™t get in and what the reasons couldā€™ve beenā€¦ There shouldnā€™t really need to be a need for speculation. If we get rejected, we should be able to look at the reasons why. We shouldnā€™t just have to blindly guess in the dark about a black box process.ā€

College Education Is a Fraud and Must Be Replaced With Highly Paid Professional Training

If they knew their business, all corporations would offer high-paying jobs to smartkids right out of high school. It's what the NBA wisely did with LeBron James and many others. It would be the equivalent of a NFL team getting the whole first round of draft picks. In a few years, a corporation that rewards talent up-front would totally dominate its sector.

Forum List

Back