Zone1 Duopoly: An American Problem

and yet you went ahead and did it anyway,,

now you know why I was pushing you,,,
Did a quick search and found something relevant.

“When it comes to perceived political and ethnic conflicts, no public is more divided than Americans: 90% say there are conflicts between people who support different political parties and 71% say the same when it comes to ethnic and racial groups. (Results of a different question asking specifically about conflicts between Democrats and Republicans also found that 71% of Americans think conflicts between the party coalitions are very strong and another 20% say they are somewhat strong. The sense of conflicts between Democrats and Republicans also increased between 2012 and 2020.)”

1665719002680.png

Well there you go. We're very divided compared to the countries listed. We were very divided before covid. We're even more divided now.

how would I know why other countries are divided???

I showed,, sorry you showed they are as divided if not more depending on how you measure it
Post 185. Surveying the people in different countries and the people in the United States say they’re the most divided out of the countries listed.

Did a quick search and found something relevant.

“When it comes to perceived political and ethnic conflicts, no public is more divided than Americans: 90% say there are conflicts between people who support different political parties and 71% say the same when it comes to ethnic and racial groups. (Results of a different question asking specifically about conflicts between Democrats and Republicans also found that 71% of Americans think conflicts between the party coalitions are very strong and another 20% say they are somewhat strong. The sense of conflicts between Democrats and Republicans also increased between 2012 and 2020.)”

sorry but this lost all credibility in the first sentence,,

america is the most diverse country on the planet and it acts like we are all white supremist,,,

most other advanced countries are very racist and are in constant conflict,,, china being the leading one

sorry but this lost all credibility in the first sentence,,

america is the most diverse country on the planet and it acts like we are all white supremist,,,

most other advanced countries are very racist and are in constant conflict,,, china being the leading one
To you. If you have some data to present, go for it. Otherwise I’ll go with them.

I have no idea what the white supremacist comment was all about.

View attachment 709769

Well there you go. We're very divided compared to the countries listed. We were very divided before covid. We're even more divided now.
Then why would you stay here? You're not needed or wanted. Go be happy in Switzerland.

Then why would you stay here? You're not needed or wanted. Go be happy in Switzerland.
You already said that. It wasn’t original or clever the first time either.

Also, I like it here. Pointing out things that I perceive as flaws doesn’t mean I want to start somewhere else completely fresh.

Grow up. I can be critical without needing to leave.

It seems to me that we've abandoned leadership and consensus as political goals. There's no sense that we're one nation. Fear-mongering partisans have demonized their opponents so successfully that each side is consumed with fear and paranoia. In that state of mind, people will believe anything, do anything, to "fight" the other side.

Our elections are no longer about electing leaders. They've become proxy civil wars, between the Democrats and Republicans, regularly scheduled power struggles over government that has become too powerful.

I don't see it changing until we change the voting system to strip the partisans of the key source of their power - the lesser of two evils con game. Ranked choice voting does that, and I think it would, in time, un-divide us. But it may be too late.

Last edited:
It seems to me that we've abandoned leadership and consensus as political goals. There's no sense that we're one nation. Fear-mongering partisans have demonized their opponents so successfully that each side is consumed with fear and paranoia. In that state of mind, people will believe anything, do anything, to "fight" the other side.

Our elections are no longer about electing a leader. They've become proxy civil wars, between the Democrats and Republican, a power struggle over government that has become too powerful.

I don't see it changing until we change the voting system to strip the partisans of the key source of their power - the lesser of two evils con game. Ranked choice voting does that, and I think it would, in time, un-divide us. But it may be too late.
actually we are supposed to be 50 different divisions under one common idea,, which is to be free,,

ever since the people gave up on that its been nothing but a shit show,,

Forum List

Back