Duck Dynasty...Total FAKES. Thanks, Bill Maher

Are we now going to be assailed by reports of how horrible the Duck Commander family is now? I mean really, I thought Limbaugh, Hannity, Mark Levin and others would keep you occupied for some time, but no. I kind of understand the complete and utter insanity that the left displays when talking about the likes of the above or Ann Coulter. I mean, it's like someone poking a stupid porch dog with a stick. They poke, you bark and growl and chase the stick that is thrown for amusement. When you get back and lay down again, here comes another stick. It's amusing, but sad really.

Folks, the opening episode of Duck Dynasty got 8 million + viewers. Not as much as the last one of their season openers, but enough to beat out every other 'reality' TV show. And if anyone in this world believes that this series is 'real' or somehow 'unscripted', then you must obviously still believe in the 'hope and change' thing as well.

Those who watch will watch the show and those who won't, will not. It's just that simple. I figure now that Phil Robertson just passed being worth 400 million plus, you'd figure out that he could care less about how much you are simply aghast at his views. Go back to being the porch dog. You guys do it so well...

It's too bad that Maher doesn't do the same type of attacking of the Kardashians or Real housewives.

You obviously don't watch Maher.

No I don't.
He instills anti values and anti morals.
He does not think that there is a right or wrong. This is why when he goes on late night talk shows and blurts out something that's idiotic and the audience boos, he looks around shocked that they did not think what he said was right.
This is why he has 4.1 million viewers compared to Duck Dynasty who has 8.5 million.
Duck Dynasty instills values, morals and what is right and wrong.
Something that our children are sorely lacking now days in entertainment television.

It's too bad that Maher doesn't do the same type of attacking of the Kardashians or Real housewives.

You obviously don't watch Maher.

No I don't.
He instills anti values and anti morals.
He does not think that there is a right or wrong. This is why when he goes on late night talk shows and blurts out something that's idiotic and the audience boos, he looks around shocked that they did not think what he said was right.
This is why he has 4.1 million viewers compared to Duck Dynasty who has 8.5 million.
Duck Dynasty instills values, morals and what is right and wrong.
Something that our children are sorely lacking now days in entertainment television.

I saw a couple of episodes. Wasn't impressed. I like "Pitbulls & Parolees" better.

Maher should know about fakes

he's as phony as a three dollar bill

my gawd, now they are obsessing over some t.v show

So at one time in their lives the Robertson men did not have beards and that makes them fake liberal logic has a reality all it's on.
I think it is, in fact, the conservative point of view on this point that lacks logic. Based on the video posted above, these people are promoted and passed off as people who have lived in the type of setting we see, dressed and acting as they are in the video, for 30 years, as is stated in the video. The program promotes them as a Dynasty. A dynasty takes place over several generations or at least for quite a few decades, so 30 years seems reasonable. So the illusion painted is one of people who look, dress and act like these folks, looking and dressing like that for a very long time, as if that is their natural state and always has been. It is then quite deceptive. To suggest there is no deception would be faulty reasoning. Poor logic.

Si-Jace-Willie-babies.jpg

Uncle Si with Jase and Willie in the early days of Duck Commander, which was founded in 1972.

No beards :eek: PHONIES! I'm shocked....just shocked

So at one time in their lives the Robertson men did not have beards and that makes them fake liberal logic has a reality all it's on.
I think it is, in fact, the conservative point of view on this point that lacks logic. Based on the video posted above, these people are promoted and passed off as people who have lived in the type of setting we see, dressed and acting as they are in the video, for 30 years, as is stated in the video. The program promotes them as a Dynasty. A dynasty takes place over several generations or at least for quite a few decades, so 30 years seems reasonable. So the illusion painted is one of people who look, dress and act like these folks, looking and dressing like that for a very long time, as if that is their natural state and always has been. It is then quite deceptive. To suggest there is no deception would be faulty reasoning. Poor logic.

The Dynasty part is how rich they are. It's not to be taken literally because it simply better sounding than "Hairy Rich Red-neck Motherfuckers".

None of the above is true.
There are plenty of pictures out there of them before the shows on the outdoor channel as well as A&E.
How do you think people are getting the pictures of them when they were younger and posting them here?

You are over-analyzing a show about a bunch of well educated well off rednecks.

It's true. These guys are adopting public personnae that are not genuine, or even believable for people with their education, wealth, and positions. That means they are "fakes." So what?

Our Beloved President is not a phony because he plays golf; he is a phony because he plays basketball. He never played in his youth (in Hawaii and Indonesia) and only took up the sport because he wanted to seem more authentic as an aspiring "community organizer" in "Black" neighborhoods.

All of the "reality TV" programs I am personally aware of are contrived, to one extent or another. If nothing else, they pretend that there are no cameras and microphones scattered all around their lives. But the idiocy and raving of the Teutel's on "American Chopper," etc., etc., etc, are 90% phony.

And for reasons that are hard to fathom, many people like to watch "real people" in their remarkable everyday lives, rather than actors pretending to do things, based on ridiculous scripts written by out-of-touch misfits in Los Angeles.

The whole point of the show is that they aren't fakes. They are wealthy, very well educated individuals who voluntarily adopted a life that the wealthy and college degreed reject. YOU just think they are fakes because they don't fit in with your preconceived notions of how rich people should live.

If you are just finding out that Duck Commander is a multimillion dollar business and that all the Robertson's are college educated, that's a fault that YOU have. It's certainly never been hidden.

Do you Liberal peckerheads have any idea how long it takes to grow a beard that long?

Well, I don't know any liberal peckerheads, but I know the answer to your question. I made a decision not to shave after Katrina until FEMA paid off my flood insurance claim and send me a check to rebuild my house. My beard was about as long as their's when the check arrived, which was 7 months.

Considering that we know now they are actually a bunch of upper income level preppies, I am thinking that the hair and beards are fake, too. I mean, it's not exactly a leap into special effects for film, now is it?

Why didn't you ALWAYS know that they were a bunch of upper income level preppies? Everyone else knew.

If you had read their books and a history of the company you wouldn't have to rely on liberal erzatz history. The Robertson men were clean shaven until Willie Robertson took control of the company. He ordered growing the beards and hair to create a brand look for Duck Commander, which predates the A&E show by years. Alan Robertson is not affiliated with Duck Commander and is a clean shaven pastor.

You might be under the mistaken impression that the show came before the company. It was the other way around.

Ooops, great final "New Rules" on Friday night. This is the Duck Dynasty family BEFORE A&E created them:

beardless-Robertsons-490x367.jpg

As always, thanks Bill Maher. It's why I'm such a fan.

PHOTOS Before the Beards: The Duck Dynasty Men as Young Athletes

PHOTOS Duck Dynasty’s Robertson men as younger, clean-shaven athletes

And then there's this link:

Are Duck Dynasty Fans Duped, or in on the Joke? | The American Conservative

Are Duck Dynasty Fans Duped, or in on the Joke?

By JONATHAN COPPAGE January 17, 2014, 6:30 AM

Duck-Dynasty-before-the-show-1.jpg

If someone has already posted this, my apologies for being late to the bust.

fake-dynasty.jpg

Duck Dynasty...Total FAKES

You're just now figuring this out.....?

Damn you're slow.......

Exactly. It was in a People magazine or something a few months before all this happened. It wasn't a secret.

Sent from my iPhone using no lube, maximizing the butt hurt in right wingers

brand look

OK. So they're fakes. Thanks!

Definition of Brand Look

Brand promotion is a common marketing strategy intended to increase product awareness, customer loyalty, competitiveness, sales and overall company value. Businesses use it not only to show what is different or good about themselves and what's for sale, but also to keep that image alive for consumers. It usually focuses on elements that can stand the test of time, although businesses do adjust promotions based on what is happening in the market. The efforts required to be effective with these techniques require that marketers be passionate about what they're doing.

Example Colonel Sanders - was he fake too?
th

What Colonel Sanders looked like before his Brand Look
Harland-Sanders-12353545-1-402.png

Last edited:

Duck commander was started by Phil 40 years ago Willie who is now CEO and Jase who now designs the duck calls have been working there for over 20 years so using the term dynasty seems reasonable a title by the way that A&E not the family came up with not the family. All the rest of this stuff When did they have beards do they live in country which Phil still does by the way is fairly silly.

I think the leftoid outrage that the Robertson's don't fit their bigoted view of what people outside the metropolis are like is hilarious.

It's a combination of jealousy, sour grapes, and just pure bigotry. People who live in the swamp and hunt ducks don't go to college! How dare they play golf and shave their beards! What are they thinking, making MONEY and getting educated....and refusing to shit on their neighbors and their faith? That's not the picture progressives paint of rural America at ALL.

Love it love it love.

Forum List

Back