Duck Dynasty...Total FAKES. Thanks, Bill Maher

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
Ooops, great final "New Rules" on Friday night. This is the Duck Dynasty family BEFORE A&E created them:

beardless-Robertsons-490x367.jpg

As always, thanks Bill Maher. It's why I'm such a fan.

PHOTOS Before the Beards: The Duck Dynasty Men as Young Athletes
PHOTOS Duck Dynasty’s Robertson men as younger, clean-shaven athletes

And then there's this link:

Are Duck Dynasty Fans Duped, or in on the Joke? | The American Conservative
Are Duck Dynasty Fans Duped, or in on the Joke?
By JONATHAN COPPAGE January 17, 2014, 6:30 AM
Duck-Dynasty-before-the-show-1.jpg

If someone has already posted this, my apologies for being late to the bust.

fake-dynasty.jpg

Last edited:
Phil Robertson gave up a promising football career to create duck calls. The way Terry Bradshaw (who was second to Robertson in college football) put it was that he had a greater passion for hunting than football.

Of course part of their persona is fake. It's "reality" TV after all. But while I don't agree with some of Robertson's views, he comes across as a genuine guy in most regards.

It's the beards. A&E had nothing to do with the beards. That was the idea of Willie Robertson. They all had the beards before Duck Dynasty, when they did the short clip for the Outdoor Channel. That clip became the start of the Duck Dynasty show. Even Phil Robertson was clean shaven as a young college football player.

When Willie Robertson graduated business school, he thought of everyone working for Duck Commander to grow a beard to start creating not just a name but an identifiable brand. Alan Robertson does not work for Duck Commander and has no beard. The family business isn't Duck Dynasty. The family business is Duck Commander, making duck calls and merchandising hunting equipment.

Do you realize that all of the reality TV Shows are not real?

It's called entertainment. :)

It's too bad that Maher doesn't do the same type of attacking of the Kardashians or Real housewives.

Maybe Bill doesn't know that the fans of Duck Dynasty already knew that they looked like that many years ago.

Maybe Bill Maher is pissed that Duck Dynasty is selling better and has more viewers, without sex symbols like the Kardashians. LOL!

Duck Dynasty doesn't matter at all to the world, nor do the political views expressed by the cast of the show.

I wish the rightwingers in this thread would stop making so many posts that I agree with. It makes me feel dirty. :tongue:

The only part of Duck Dynasty that's real is the fact that these are incredibly wealthy people who made a choice to live a much simpler life without the gitterati.

Nobody is going to watch a family of clean shaven golfers hanging out at the country club. However, if they are dumbed down into swamp dwelling, bearded, ultra religious gun fanatics, you suddenly have a whole ready made audience of single wide trailer park rednecks as a viewing base! I still think, however, that they should have gone the extra mile and made them wear bib overalls and ride mules.

Do you realize that all of the reality TV Shows are not real?

It's called entertainment. :)

It's too bad that Maher doesn't do the same type of attacking of the Kardashians or Real housewives.

Maybe Bill doesn't know that the fans of Duck Dynasty already knew that they looked like that many years ago.

Want to prove that with some links?

And I really don't think the Kardashians have brought out the far right Republicans leaders in their defense? Do you? Apparently your conservative leaders think it's reality and not entertainment, honey.

GOP Politicians Defend ‘Duck Dynasty’ Star’s Right to Anti-Gay Comments

GOP Politicians Defend ?Duck Dynasty? Star?s Right to Anti-Gay Comments - ABC News

The A&E network’s suspension of “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson has prompted an outcry from Republican politicians, including Sarah Palin and Sen. Ted Cruz.

“Free speech is an endangered species. Those ‘intolerants’ hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us,” former Alaskan governor Palin wrote on Facebook Wednesday night in a post featuring a photo of her with the cast of “Duck Dynasty.”

READ: Should A&E Have Suspended ‘Duck Dynasty’s’ Phil Robertson for Anti-Gay Comments

Not to be outdone, Cruz, R-Texas, wrote on his Facebook page, “The reason that so many Americans love Duck Dynasty is because it represents the America usually ignored or mocked by liberal elites: a family that loves and cares for each other, believes in God, and speaks openly about their faith.

“If you believe in free speech or religious liberty, you should be deeply dismayed over the treatment of Phil Robertson. Phil expressed his personal views and his own religious faith; for that, he was suspended from his job. In a free society, anyone is free to disagree with him – but the mainstream media should not behave as the thought police censoring the views with which they disagree.”

Last edited:
Ooops, great final "New Rules" on Friday night. This is the Duck Dynasty family BEFORE A&E created them:

beardless-Robertsons-490x367.jpg

As always, thanks Bill Maher. It's why I'm such a fan.

PHOTOS Before the Beards: The Duck Dynasty Men as Young Athletes
PHOTOS Duck Dynasty’s Robertson men as younger, clean-shaven athletes

And then there's this link:

Are Duck Dynasty Fans Duped, or in on the Joke? | The American Conservative
Are Duck Dynasty Fans Duped, or in on the Joke?
By JONATHAN COPPAGE January 17, 2014, 6:30 AM
Duck-Dynasty-before-the-show-1.jpg

If someone has already posted this, my apologies for being late to the bust.

fake-dynasty.jpg

Duck Dynasty...Total FAKES

You're just now figuring this out.....?
Damn you're slow.......

Forum List

Back