Drug cartels buy 95% of their guns in the U.S.

Four important points to understand here:

1) Grenades are illegal everywhere in the Americas. Where did these drug cartels get them? They are criminals, they don't care about what is legal. The bought them on the black market illegally or stole them.

2) AK-47's are illegal for citizens of Mexico who are not military or police. They are banned. But the criminals don't care what's banned. Criminals don't obey the law and don't care if they have to go 800 or 8,000 miles to buy and smuggle firearms. All this proves is bans deny law abiding citizens, criminals will do whatever it takes to obtain grenades, machine guns and rocket launchers.

3). Strawman purchases are 100% illegal in the United States as is smuggling firearms into or out of the country. Once again, criminals don't obey laws...only law abiding citizens do.

4). Mexico has some of the harshest gun law in the world.
  • The United Mexican States or Mexico (Spanish: Estados Unidos Mexicanos or México) has some of the strictest gun laws in the world. It is in many ways similar to the United Kingdom, except with much more severe prison terms for even the smallest gun law violations.

But criminals...wait for it...don't obey the law. They believe they are above the law. They don't think they'll get caught.

Gun bans don't stop criminals from getting guns, period. This article only underscores that fact.

not in chrissie's world, wait for it.

i've heard of people being jailed for inadvertently bringing single cartridges into mexico from the us, i'll try to google it up if i have a chance.

Four important points to understand here:

1) Grenades are illegal everywhere in the Americas. Where did these drug cartels get them? They are criminals, they don't care about what is legal. The bought them on the black market illegally or stole them.

2) AK-47's are illegal for citizens of Mexico who are not military or police. They are banned. But the criminals don't care what's banned. Criminals don't obey the law and don't care if they have to go 800 or 8,000 miles to buy and smuggle firearms. All this proves is bans deny law abiding citizens, criminals will do whatever it takes to obtain grenades, machine guns and rocket launchers.

3). Strawman purchases are 100% illegal in the United States as is smuggling firearms into or out of the country. Once again, criminals don't obey laws...only law abiding citizens do.

4). Mexico has some of the harshest gun law in the world.
  • The United Mexican States or Mexico (Spanish: Estados Unidos Mexicanos or México) has some of the strictest gun laws in the world. It is in many ways similar to the United Kingdom, except with much more severe prison terms for even the smallest gun law violations.

But criminals...wait for it...don't obey the law. They believe they are above the law. They don't think they'll get caught.

Gun bans don't stop criminals from getting guns, period. This article only underscores that fact.

not in chrissie's world, wait for it.

i've heard of people being jailed for inadvertently bringing single cartridges into mexico from the us, i'll try to google it up if i have a chance.

States with the loosest gun laws have the most violent crime....

State Rankings--Statistical Abstract of the United States--Violent Crime Per 100,000 Population - 2004

Cautionary note about rankings
The ranks in some tables are based on estimates derived from a sample(s). Because of sampling and nonsampling errors associated with the estimates, the ranking of the estimates does not necessarily reflect the correct ranking of the unknown true values. Thus, caution should be used when making inferences or statements about the states' true values based on a ranking of the estimates. As an example, the estimated total (average, percent, ratio, etc.) for State A may be larger than the estimates for all other states. This does not necessarily mean that the true total (average, percent, ratio, etc.) for State A is larger than those for all other states. Such an inference typically depends on --among other factors-- the size of the difference(s) between the estimates in question, and the size of their associated standard errors.

In other tables, the ranks are based on a complete enumeration of the target population, or on complete administrative reporting from the population. In such cases, sampling is not used, and there is no sampling error component in the estimates. Still, care should still be taken when making inferences or statements based on the rankings. The table values may still exhibit nonsampling error originating from such sources as coverage problems (missing units or duplicates), nonresponse, misreporting, and others.

State Rankings--Statistical Abstract of the United States--Cautionary note

breaking news the economic downturn not affecting American gun manufacturers.

finally some good news

First there will always be drugs that are illegal.

2nd There will always be people that want anything that is illegal simply because they figure that if the government doesn't want you to have it it must be way better than the stuff the government will let you have.

3rd evidence from Holland and England suggest that legallizing the stuff actually increase the rates of addiction and the number of users.

dillo, everyone knows the census is an estimate.

Nice try, though.

First there will always be drugs that are illegal.

2nd There will always be people that want anything that is illegal simply because they figure that if the government doesn't want you to have it it must be way better than the stuff the government will let you have.

3rd evidence from Holland and England suggest that legallizing the stuff actually increase the rates of addiction and the number of users.

Agreed.

Oh and Chris not to ruin the good feelings of the first time we have likely ever agreed about anything, Why would they becoming to the US to buy an AK a minimum price of around 450 dollars when they can fly to African and buy a dfifty of them for the same amount and likely get a couple of RPGs thrown in for good measure?

Oh and Chris not to ruin the good feelings of the first time we have likely ever agreed about anything, Why would they becoming to the US to buy an AK a minimum price of around 450 dollars when they can fly to African and buy a dfifty of them for the same amount and likely get a couple of RPGs thrown in for good measure?

Because it is a lot easier to smuggle guns from Phoenix to Mexico than from Africa to Mexico.

Sheesh!

More bull, you fail.

failbullcopy.jpg

Now get in your last word Chris, so your happy, but you still fail.​

i am sorry for you personal experience....

now let me give you mine...grew up in homes with guns...in my father's home...there was never a minute that he was not 3 ft from a gun...i grew up thinking this was normal..it was this way in both my grandparents homes...we have never *knock on wood* had a gun related accident in any of these homes or in any of the homes of my family that keep guns....*to be honest all of them keep guns, i cannot think of one who does not* we have all been taught...all guns are loaded...since we were able to be taught...

a gun has saved my life...i am entitled to self protection.

That's the way it is in many responsible gun owners homes.

geezus here we go again....Chris all you are now doing is transferring your posts from this thread..."Liberal arguments for supporting gun ownership rights" to here.....dont you have anything new?......

The facts don't change from day to day.

You don't have facts.

Crime Statistics > Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 (most recent) by state
VIEW DATA: Totals
Definition Source Printable version
Bar Graph Map Correlations

Showing latest available data.
Rank States Amount (top to bottom)
#1 District of Columbia: 31.2
#2 Alaska: 20
#3 Louisiana: 19.5
#4 Wyoming: 18.8