Citizens Against Government Waste

Of course there is.

Some of it is well intentioned foolishness and most of it is political payoffs.

The problem isn't government it's BAD government.

And BAD government starts out with a BAD SYSTEM of funding political campaigns which inevitably promises us that the most corruptable become our leaders.,

In any other guise but politics, the system we have would be called what it is..graft.

How on earth any of us can image that our Congressmen, who spend most of their time in office getting money for their next campaign, aren't being manipulated by that process by those with the money to fund then simply astounds me.

What we think of as the normal business of politics as ususal, is as crooked as anything happening in any third world Banana Republic.

FREE TRADE is a perfect example of that corruption manifesting into policies which are killing this nation, folks.

Bill Clinton for example, a former governor of Arkansas, which happend to be home of the WAL MART, the largest corporation in American, one which happens to do huge business importing from China, got lots and lots of money from where for his political career? China!

Nuf said? Foreign nations can LEGALLY fund our politicians?

Meanwhile Americans see factories closed, their lifes ruined, and still many of you seem to think that deindustrializing America is a good idea because why?

Because you imagine that you can buy a pair of shoes $5 cheaper because of it.

I just don't get how people can miss something so obvious as the pernicious effects of this system.

I really don't.

Last edited:
I just saw this on the news and figured I'd pass it along. Regardless of your political views I think we can all agree that there's a lot of waste in government.

Citizens Against Government Waste: Homepage

Are you still concerned about government waste or are you a Republican?

Over the weekend, we learned Pruitt has an appetite for fancy pens, and reportedly spent $3,230 last August at a D.C. jewelry store on a dozen silver fountain pens and some personalized journals ― at taxpayer expense.

I remember way back in the early 1980s all this acrimony over $400 toilet seats at the Pentagon, and $500 hammers, and how we needed to stop all this ridiculous government waste and stealing of taxpayer money. 35 years ago. Nothing has changed except now one party whenever they gain power immediately increases the defense budget even though the US already spends $650 billion a year on defense which is more than the next 8 highest spending countries on Earth combined. And anyone that would say the increase in spending is not needed you immediately hear "you want the US to be weak, blah blah bullshit".

And 40% of the population buys that bullshit every single time.

Ignorance and greed, and generally willful ignorance is the reason things don't operate as they should. The greedy manipulate the ignorant over and over and over. The greedy manipulated the ignorant to elect them, and then the greedy immediately gave themselves millions of dollars in tax cuts while driving up the national yearly deficit to $1.5 trillion. And this ignorant cohort STILL defends these greedy pieces of shit.

The only change will come when demographics change enough that Republicans cannot win national elections. And that day is coming. Until then they view the taxpayer money as a no limit charge card and Republicans are Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian on a spending spree at Tiffany's of London.

I remember way back in the early 1980s all this acrimony over $400 toilet seats at the Pentagon, and $500 hammers, and how we needed to stop all this ridiculous government waste and stealing of taxpayer money. 35 years ago. Nothing has changed except now one party whenever they gain power immediately increases the defense budget even though the US already spends $650 billion a year on defense which is more than the next 8 highest spending countries on Earth combined. And anyone that would say the increase in spending is not needed you immediately hear "you want the US to be weak, blah blah bullshit".

Ignorance and greed, and generally willful ignorance is the reason things don't operate as they should. The greedy manipulate the ignorant over and over and over. The greedy manipulated the ignorant to elect them, and then the greedy immediately gave themselves millions of dollars in tax cuts while driving up the national yearly deficit to $1.5 trillion. And this ignorant cohort STILL defends these greedy pieces of shit.

The only change will come when demographics change enough that Republicans cannot win national elections. And that day is coming. Until then they view the taxpayer money as a no limit charge card and Republicans are Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian on a spending spree at Tiffany's of London.
Nothing has changed? Excuse me? The swamp has gotten worse!

Trump vacation days, spending on the first family, government waste, tax giveaways to the rich, horrible deregulations from rich greedy men who don’t know what they are doing. Devos Carson and rick perry to name a few.

Republicans suck hard and you think they are better for us? What do you do that you’re ok with cuts to Medicare and social security?

Nothing has changed? Excuse me? The swamp has gotten worse!

Trump vacation days, spending on the first family, government waste, tax giveaways to the rich, horrible deregulations from rich greedy men who don’t know what they are doing. Devos Carson and rick perry to name a few.

Republicans suck hard and you think they are better for us? What do you do that you’re ok with cuts to Medicare and social security?

I think you are answering another post?

There is loads of waste in out bloated Govt.

Hell. They don't care its only tax money.

Some "government waste" is immoral (not necessarily illegal) self-aggrandizement by elected, appointed, and even high-level civil service government employees. They think they are "entitled" to the little niceties of life, and there are not many tools around - other than exposure and embarrassment - to stop it.

But the real government waste is the cornucopia of pointless, obsolete, ineffective, and redundant programs, departments, agencies and PEOPLE. They are powered by an almost infinite amount of inertia, and the politicians who might do something to bring the whole mess under control can be stopped dead in their tracks by the Media and advocacy groups pleading that some ridiculous unfortunates will be harmed by the elimination of the program, agency, department, or person.

To give one sad example. Operation Headstart was proposed and justified on the basis of some studies that suggested that the reason "inner city" kids were doing so badly in school was because their home "culture" was deficient. If only - we were told - they could be put in a culturally enriched environment before going to Kindergarten, the "problem" would be solved, and the education "gaps" would be closed. Enter, Operation Headstart.

Well.

Fifty years and tens of billions of dollars later, we have a program that has been PROVEN to have essentially no positive effect, OTHER THAN employing thousands of otherwise-unemployable single mothers, and providing "free" babysitting for hundreds of thousands like them. Academically, Operation Headstart "grads" show no advantage whatsoever beyond third grade, which, if you will recall, was the WHOLE POINT of the program to start with.

In real terms, the money is totally wasted. But let some politician even hint that s/he wants to eliminate the program, he will be tarred and feathered, and run out of Washington on a pole.

Such things do exist in the corporate (for profit) world, but as such things go, eventually there will be a change in management or management philosophy, and the boondoggle will be eliminated. Replaced by another one, perhaps, but that is the problem of the stockholders, and not of the government's taxpayers.

Forum List

Back