Driver Watched Touchscreen ; Pedestrian Died

yes the lady is the point...it's like walking on the edge of a building and you fall off or doing anything stupid that gets you killed
...it's like crossing a highway in the daytime and you get hit---your fault--not the drivers --that's why you are not supposed to cross a highway or jaywalk--it's stupid and dangerous
Whatever the point regarding the pedestrian, her action isn't the point of this thread. This thread is about the actions of the DRIVER. If someone wants to talk about the pedestrian, and her walking, they are free to open their own thread.

In this thread, please stay on topic >> The driver.
'''pedestrian''' is in your title!!!!

exactly--on the road and not to the side looking for pedestrians
you are not thinking in reality...I always tell my kids [ even before this accident ] cars cannot see you at night.....
look at the video--you can't see the lady until it's far too late --this is obvious
Driver's eyes were off the road, is the point. Drive a car ? Keep your eyes on the road. Have a smart phone ? Put it in the trunk. Have a dashboard touchscreen ? Put it in backupmode (to not hit kids, cats, etc, behind you), and lock it in that- then there's no reason to look at it, while you're driving foward. Or remove it entirely.

A driver's eyes off the road only matter if the consequences of doing it results in something... so one would be the catalyst, the other the result. The catalyst doesn't matter without the result.
FALSE! And with a policy like that, you are a menace on the road. I hope you don't live anywhere near me. We have enough screen lookers killing people as it is.

The US is mulling over a report which indicates that the pedestrian deaths are the highest since records were started to be kept, and the belief is that smartphones are to blame.

According to a report from the Governors Highway Safety Association, the United States saw its largest annual increase in pedestrian fatalities since such record keeping began 40 years ago.

Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting

https://www.bergerlagnese.com/top-three-distractions-causing-auto-accidents/

The biggest distractions that cause car crashes

Driving While Distracted: Smartphones are Killing Americans, Experts Say

Smartphones causing pedestrians to walk into the road through lack of attention | Daily Mail Online

Mobile phones kill pedestrians

exactly--on the road and not to the side looking for pedestrians
you are not thinking in reality...I always tell my kids [ even before this accident ] cars cannot see you at night.....
look at the video--you can't see the lady until it's far too late --this is obvious
Driver's eyes were off the road, is the point. Drive a car ? Keep your eyes on the road. Have a smart phone ? Put it in the trunk. Have a dashboard touchscreen ? Put it in backupmode (to not hit kids, cats, etc, behind you), and lock it in that- then there's no reason to look at it, while you're driving foward. Or remove it entirely.

A driver's eyes off the road only matter if the consequences of doing it results in something... so one would be the catalyst, the other the result. The catalyst doesn't matter without the result.
FALSE! And with a policy like that, you are a menace on the road. I hope you don't live anywhere near me. We have enough screen lookers killing people as it is.

The US is mulling over a report which indicates that the pedestrian deaths are the highest since records were started to be kept, and the belief is that smartphones are to blame.

According to a report from the Governors Highway Safety Association, the United States saw its largest annual increase in pedestrian fatalities since such record keeping began 40 years ago.

Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting

https://www.bergerlagnese.com/top-three-distractions-causing-auto-accidents/

The biggest distractions that cause car crashes

Driving While Distracted: Smartphones are Killing Americans, Experts Say

Smartphones causing pedestrians to walk into the road through lack of attention | Daily Mail Online

Mobile phones kill pedestrians

Are you stupid? What people do only matters when there are negative consequences. Read your own links. Hell just read the titles of them... "Killing" "Accidents" "Crashes" "Kill"

Are you stupid? What people do only matters when there are negative consequences. Read your own links. Hell just read the titles of them... "Killing" "Accidents" "Crashes" "Kill"
How old are you ? Are you over 18 ?

if you read the links I provided (post # 62), you'll see why having eyes off the road creates negative consequences, consistently.

How old are you ? Are you over 18 ?

if you read the links I provided (post # 62), you'll see why having eyes off the road creates negative consequences, consistently.

Dumbass you just made my point. Taking eyes off the road only matter because of the consequences. Thank you.

Having trouble with my computer. just lost a whole post. Don'tknow hiw much longer I can post ,,,,might be a virus. looks nasty.

Dumbass you just made my point. Taking eyes off the road only matter because of the consequences. Thank you.

I'm gonna try to recall what I posted. You made MY point. Eyes off the road ALWAYS matters because the "consequences" are always there. It's called reckless driving, and it doesn't matter if you're lucky enough to not hit somebody - or they're lucky enough to not be hit by you. Point is you're dangerous, and should not be on the road.

As for your reckless driving, its against the law. Do you care as much about that as your do about your dopey little toy ?

Forum List

Back