Driver Watched Touchscreen ; Pedestrian Died

Even if he was watching the road, he can't control what the pedestrian does... LIKE WALKING IN FRONT OF A MOVING CAR.

Are you fucking stupid?
No, but you damn sure are. The driver (a she) may have been able to stop in time, if she was paying attention, as stated in posts # 25, 26, 28.

Playing games on your cell phone toy while you're driving ? Or maybe it's your dash screen ? If so, get the hell off the road, and stay off it.

Dumb F...n kids. .... F..n brats.

People getting hit by a car because of a person on their cell phone doesn't compare. Why? Because they aren't in a self-driving car.
Self-driving has nothing to do with it. Eyes on or off the road is the thread topic ,and what matters.
Then the person should have been driving the car. Either the car is driving or the human.

May have been able to? I already showed you people get hit by cars all the time. The woman walked in front of a moving car.

Your argument in this thread would be like a family complaining to an airline company about the seat belts of a plane that their relative died in a plane crash from 30,000 feet.
FALSE (and ridiculous) analogy. The plane passenger has no control over the plane crashing. The car drive HAS control, IF she pays attention.

My point has already been made by me and others, no need to repeat.

And YEAH, may have been able to. That's right.

...no because the driver has no control over the pedestrian walking in front of the car. You really are going to argue this into the ground aren't you?

Those Parkland students should have worn bulletproof vests to school! The might still be alive today if they had.

it was the jackass with the bike's fault, not the driver/car
at night walking across a 45mph road
FALSE! Both were at fault, especially the driver whose eyes were off the road waaaay too long. This is the danger of screen technology in motor vehicles.
no--there is no way any driver could've stopped in time --even if his eyes were on the road
I’ve slaughtered plenty of animals that have seemed to come out of no where to cross the path of my vehicle.

It’s difficult to know for sure if an alert driver would have avoided this accident. An alert driver may have seen the lady off to the side of the road in time for some defensive driving before she even started to cross.
..I disagree....I've ridden my bike everyday to and from work.....in the dark and daytime
.. car drivers are not expecting someone to be walking across the road therefore are not looking for pedestrians ---especially in a 45MPH zone.....drivers are looking for carlights/cars.....where I rode and in my city, I rarely see any bikers--so at night, in a 45 MPH zone, a pedestrian is very far from drivers' minds
..it's not easy to see pedestrians even in lighted areas

I'll tell this story again--I was in my car at a highly lighted intersection with stoplights...[ remember I bike a lot ] as I started to make a left, some jackass biker zips through the intersection coming at me.....I barely had time to stop and he flipped me off
...I was stopped--and making a left at the time....not going 45mph and I didn't see him until the last moment--in a well lighted area...bikes are smaller than cars with smaller lights, if any...

...no because the driver has no control over the pedestrian walking in front of the car. You really are going to argue this into the ground aren't you?
I can't even believe that there IS an argument at all. What kind of a loon argues against keeping eyes on the road AT ALL TIMES ?

You're arguing that it's OK to take your eyes off the road (for as long as the woman in the video), while you're driving ? Are you insane ?

..I disagree....I've ridden my bike everyday to and from work.....in the dark and daytime
.. car drivers are not expecting someone to be walking across the road therefore are not looking for pedestrians ---especially in a 45MPH zone.....drivers are looking for carlights/cars.....where I rode and in my city, I rarely see any bikers--so at night, in a 45 MPH zone, a pedestrian is very far from drivers' minds

I'll tell this story again--I was in my car at a highly lighted intersection with stoplights...[ remember I bike a lot ] as I started to make a left, some jackass biker zips through the intersection coming at me.....I barely had time to stop and he flipped me off
...I was stopped--and making a left at the time....not going 45mph and I didn't see him until the last moment--in a well lighted area...bikes are smaller than cars with smaller lights, if any...
All the more reason to keep eyes on the road as much as possible (100% of the time if possible), whether in a car, on a bike, or whatever.

Those Parkland students should have worn bulletproof vests to school! The might still be alive today if they had.
I can't even believe that there IS an argument at all. What kind of a loon argues against keeping eyes on the road AT ALL TIMES ?

You're arguing that it's OK to take your eyes off the road (for as long as the woman in the video), while you're driving ? Are you insane ?

Strawman. My argument all along has been pretty simple. You are blaming the wrong person, and trying your damnedest to create an argument not there. A woman either intentionally, or because she wasn't paying attention, walked in front of a moving car. She got hit and died. Sad... but true.

Strawman. My argument all along has been pretty simple. You are blaming the wrong person, and trying your damnedest to create an argument not there. A woman either intentionally, or because she wasn't paying attention, walked in front of a moving car. She got hit and died. Sad... but true.

There's no strawman. The walking woman is not the point. Read the title of the thread. The driver is the point. Her eyes were off the road for waay too long.
I'm sensing that you are a screen freak, who does exactly the idiotic and dangerous thing I'm talking about here, and you want us to consider it acceptable.

If this is the case, they yeah, you're insane all right. Or incredibly stupid, or some combination of the two. And maybe you're so addicted to your silly screen toy, that you can't even comprehend how ludicrous your posts are.

it was the jackass with the bike's fault, not the driver/car
at night walking across a 45mph road
FALSE! Both were at fault, especially the driver whose eyes were off the road waaaay too long. This is the danger of screen technology in motor vehicles.
no--there is no way any driver could've stopped in time --even if his eyes were on the road
I’ve slaughtered plenty of animals that have seemed to come out of no where to cross the path of my vehicle.

It’s difficult to know for sure if an alert driver would have avoided this accident. An alert driver may have seen the lady off to the side of the road in time for some defensive driving before she even started to cross.

A lot of people don’t drive defensively. I do. It’s the way my parents taught me when I was a teenager.

All the more reason to keep eyes on the road as much as possible (100% of the time if possible), whether in a car, on a bike, or whatever.
exactly--on the road and not to the side looking for pedestrians
you are not thinking in reality...I always tell my kids [ even before this accident ] cars cannot see you at night.....
look at the video--you can't see the lady until it's far too late --this is obvious

There's no strawman. The walking woman is not the point. Read the title of the thread. The driver is the point. Her eyes were off the road for waay too long.
I'm sensing that you are a screen freak, who does exactly the idiotic and dangerous thing I'm talking about here, and you want us to consider it acceptable.

If this is the case, they yeah, you're insane all right. Or incredibly stupid, or some combination of the two. And maybe you're so addicted to your silly screen toy, that you can't even comprehend how ludicrous your posts are.

How can the walking woman NOT be the point? You must be drinking the same idiot juice today as beagle. Oh, and I don't even own a smart phone. :abgg2q.jpg:

yes the lady is the point...it's like walking on the edge of a building and you fall off or doing anything stupid that gets you killed
...it's like crossing a highway in the daytime and you get hit---your fault--not the drivers --that's why you are not supposed to cross a highway or jaywalk--it's stupid and dangerous

you are not thinking in reality...I always tell my kids [ even before this accident ] cars cannot see you at night.....
look at the video--you can't see the lady until it's far too late --this is obvious
Driver's eyes were off the road, is the point. Drive a car ? Keep your eyes on the road. Have a smart phone ? Put it in the trunk. Have a dashboard touchscreen ? Put it in backupmode (to not hit kids, cats, etc, behind you), and lock it in that- then there's no reason to look at it, while you're driving foward. Or remove it entirely.

Driver's eyes were off the road, is the point. Drive a car ? Keep your eyes on the road. Have a smart phone ? Put it in the trunk. Have a dashboard touchscreen ? Put it in backupmode (to not hit kids, cats, etc, behind you), and lock it in that- then there's no reason to look at it, while you're driving foward. Or remove it entirely.

A driver's eyes off the road only matter if the consequences of doing it results in something... so one would be the catalyst, the other the result. The catalyst doesn't matter without the result.

come on---night time--and walking across a 45mph road is not stupid/dangerous?? is this what your are saying?

yes the lady is the point...it's like walking on the edge of a building and you fall off or doing anything stupid that gets you killed
...it's like crossing a highway in the daytime and you get hit---your fault--not the drivers --that's why you are not supposed to cross a highway or jaywalk--it's stupid and dangerous
Whatever the point regarding the pedestrian, her action isn't the point of this thread. This thread is about the actions of the DRIVER. If someone wants to talk about the pedestrian, and her walking, they are free to open their own thread.

In this thread, please stay on topic >> The driver.

come on---night time--and walking across a 45mph road is not stupid/dangerous?? is this what your are saying?
No it's not. I'm not saying anything about her. I'm talking about the TOPIC of the thread, the driver,..... and everyone else here should be too.

No it's not. I'm not saying anything about her. I'm talking about the TOPIC of the thread, the driver,..... and everyone else here should be too.

Would the article have been written... and you have started this dumbass thread, had the woman not been hit and killed by the car?

Whatever the point regarding the pedestrian, her action isn't the point of this thread. This thread is about the actions of the DRIVER. If someone wants to talk about the pedestrian, and her walking, they are free to open their own thread.

In this thread, please stay on topic >> The driver.
your title = pedestrian died.....then don't put it in your title!!!!!!!! ???!!!
if it's not on topic, a mod can tell me--but it IS the topic

Forum List

Back