Drill Baby Drill!!! Another Explosion in Gulf. Oil Is King

He'll blame Bush, problem solved.

No one blamed Bush for the first one, they blamed BP. Bush's administration, however, IS responsible for the lax oil company cronies appointed to the regulatory positions, though. No doubt about that. So yes, his administration is partially responsible if this is the same kind of thing.

Wait? I thought you said "No one blamed Bush for the first one?" Then you go on to place blame on the Bush administration?

It would have probably helped your original statement if you'd at least placed the blame on Bush in a subsequent post and not in the very same post as you said "No one blamed Bush for the first one."

Rick

He'll blame Bush, problem solved.

No one blamed Bush for the first one, they blamed BP. Bush's administration, however, IS responsible for the lax oil company cronies appointed to the regulatory positions, though. No doubt about that. So yes, his administration is partially responsible if this is the same kind of thing.

Mmmmm guess again. Obama did. Even though he made a new appointement to head the committee.

Wait? I thought you said "No one blamed Bush for the first one?" Then you go on to place blame on the Bush administration?

It would have probably helped your original statement if you'd at least placed the blame on Bush in a subsequent post and not in the very same post as you said "No one blamed Bush for the first one."

No one did, but they should have - they were all focused on BP solely, it seems. I know Obama is trying to shore up the regulators and has appointed a new head of committee, but as long as the oil companies have their toads looking the other way, nothing will change. He needs to fire all the regulators and hire people without their hands in the oil pies.

No one did, but they should have - they were all focused on BP solely, it seems. I know Obama is trying to shore up the regulators and has appointed a new head of committee, but as long as the oil companies have their toads looking the other way, nothing will change. He needs to fire all the regulators and hire people without their hands in the oil pies.

You're so full of it you don't even know what you're saying anymore. I saw multiple threads here with people blaming the Bush administration for the first oil spill. If you didn't see them then you're either blind or don't read very well.

Rick

So you are saying Obama and his agencies are only paper tigers. He has no control over anything?

So you are saying Obama and his agencies are only paper tigers. He has no control over anything?

Only when things go right.

What I find so very interesting about this is the crappy reporting by the supposed news media.

How many things can they get wrong in one story?

First this was a rig that was not in use. Now it's being reported that it was actually in use.

First there was no oil spill from this explosion. Now there is a 100 foot wide oil slick.

First this rig was in 2,500 feet of water. Now I've seen it reported that it is in 340 feet of water.

I've seen it reported that this rig is 80 miles offshore, and I've also seen it reported that it is 100 miles offshore. Really?

I guess the moral of the story is that you really can't trust the news media to take the time to get facts correct before they report on them.

Rick

Correct. I think that corporations have effectively taken control over our government. Look at every industry that requires regulation. Every one of them are stacked with industry insiders while the american consumer and the nation as a whole gets screwed.

Big agra
Meat industries
Oil industry
Big pharma
Coal industry
MIC

All of them.

First this was a rig that was not in use. Now it's being reported that it was actually in use.

If that is so, why was it populated by people. What were they doing there?

Wow, you really are stupid aren't you?

Let me say this one more time REALLY SLOWLY so maybe you'll understand it this time.

IT WAS REPORTED that this oil rig was not in use. Now IT IS BEING REPORTED that is actually was in use.

Why are you asking me why there were people on the oil rig? Did I report that the rig was not in use? No, I mistakenly posted what I had read reported by MANY NEWS SOURCES that this rig was not in use. My mistake was trusting the reporting of MORE THAN ONE news source.

Some people are just too stupid to actually read a whole post and understand it's meaning I guess.

Rick

Let me say this one more time REALLY SLOWLY so maybe you'll understand it this time.

IT WAS REPORTED that this oil rig was not in use. Now IT IS BEING REPORTED that is actually was in use.

Why are you asking me why there were people on the oil rig? Did I report that the rig was not in use? No, I mistakenly posted what I had read reported by MANY NEWS SOURCES that this rig was not in use. My mistake was trusting the reporting of MORE THAN ONE news source.

Some people are just too stupid to actually read a whole post and understand it's meaning I guess.

Rick

So you posted something that wasn't true and I called you on it and you're calling ME stupid? YES YOU DID REPORT THAT THE RIG WAS NOT IN USE, DUMBASS, doesn't matter that now you've changed your tune. Maybe you should wait until all the facts are in before you post.

Last edited:
Sorry but $shit happens.jpeg Gotta have oil and gas to run an economy, I'm just glad everyone is ok.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
How fun it is to see people who call themselves Americans defend foreign oil companies right to blow workers up and spill oil in thre gulf.

How very far the right wingers have sunk into defending the people who fuck us

Perhaps the ones who hate the oil companies can go fart in their gas tanks and get to work, me, I'm going to take my chances with the gas companies.

No accident in over 20 years and one happens and people go ape shit and usually they are the same ones making fun of people who are scared of the terrorists....go figure.

How fun it is to see people who call themselves Americans defend foreign oil companies right to blow workers up and spill oil in thre gulf.

This was not a foreign oil company fool.

Rick

Agreed we have plenty of people right here at home trying to fuck us.

How sad it is to see the Democrats inability to manage oil companies.

Rick

So you posted something that wasn't true and I called you on it and you're calling ME stupid? YES YOU DID REPORT THAT THE RIG WAS NOT IN USE, DUMBASS, doesn't matter that now you've changed your tune. Maybe you should wait until all the facts are in before you post.

Wow, you're really this dumb aren't you?

I posted that I had read it reported that this rig was not in use. You're now saying that I reported that the rig was not in use? Please, tell me exactly how I could report anything. I'm not a reporter. I'm not employed by the media. I don't REPORT anything.

You really need to learn how to read.

And it's the news media that needs to wait until all the facts are in before reporting.

Rick

Last edited:

This was not a foreign oil company fool.

Rick

My mistake , you are right they are a houston oil co.

I guess they are home grown fuckers.

Forum List

Back